Course Syllabus: Google Slides
with CEU Certificate*
Google Slides is a presentation app that is Google's answer to Microsoft PowerPoint. Because Google Slides can be accessed on any device for which you have Internet access, it makes it more convenient for users. That said, Google Slides does not contain all the features that you would find in Microsoft PowerPoint. Instead, it is a basic presentation app that leaves out the glam, but includes all the features you need to create professional presentations.
This course was developed to teach you how to access and use Google Slides, starting with the basics before working its way into the more advanced features. It includes instructions for setting up a Google account, as well as using Google Drive for saved files.
You'll learn how to:
- Navigate the Google Slides interface
- Create new presentations from scratch – or by using beautiful templates
- Add text, pictures, videos, shapes, diagrams, and charts to your presentations
- Format the objects that you add to your presentations
- Design slides using themes, colors, and special effects
- Animate objects on slides to bring them to life.
- Add slide transitions
- Print your presentations – or publish them to the web
- Share and collaborate on presentations.
- And much more!
You do not need previous experience with slideshows or presentations to succeed with this course. What's more, you do not need to be able to access Google Slides. However, it is highly recommended.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required
Lesson 1: Introduction to Google Slides
Lesson 2: Navigating Google Slides
Lesson 3: Working with Templates and Existing Presentations
Lesson 4: The Basics of Creating Presentations
Lesson 5: Applying Themes, Backgrounds, and Layouts to Slides
Lesson 6: Working with Objects
Lesson 7: Entering, Editing, and Formatting Text
Lesson 8: Inserting Images onto Slides
Lesson 9: Inserting Shapes, Charts, and Other Objects
Lesson 10: Creating Tables in Google Slides
Lesson 11: Adding Transitions, Animations, and Videos
Lesson 12: Presenting a Slideshow with Speaker Notes and Q&A
Lesson 13: Publishing and Printing Presentations in Google Slides
Lesson 14: Sharing and Collaborating on Presentations in Google Slides
Lesson 15: Saving Versions and Proofing a Presentation
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 12 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 13 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 14 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 15 Quiz||10|
|The Final Exam||60|
- Making LinkedIn Effective in Your Marketing Strategies
- Using Mathematical Functions in Excel 2019
- How to CREATE, ALTER, RENAME, and DROP Tables in SQL
- How to Link and Consolidate Your Spreadsheets in Excel 2019
- Benefits and Setting Up MySQL Replication
- Marketing Strategies that Use Google+ Effectively
- Tables, Databases, and SQL...oh my!
- Database Design in MySQL
- Paying Expenses and Bills with QuickBooks 2015
- Marketing Strategies with Blogging