Decision Making Skills
with CEU Certificate*
Men and women engage in simple and complex choices every day; from deciding what to eat for lunch to determining what career to pursue. Life is an ongoing series of decisions; and they often have consequences not only for the person who is making a choice, but for their family, friends and loved ones. Therefore, having an expertise in the art of decision-making can be life altering and create opportunities that otherwise might disappear.
Decision making is a process and an action, and in this course both will be considered. The class is divided into fourteen individual lessons, each addressing a single component of decision-making. Two subjects that will be examined at length are problem solving and creativity, both integral to mastering the skill set of real-world decision-making. Students will also be introduced to some of the most common tools of decision making, and learn to recognize barriers to reaching resolutions.
There are a series of steps common to the process of decision making that students will learn to adopt and apply as they gain competency and confidence in their own ability to make proper selections. Each of the lessons is complete with a review quiz at the end to reinforce the concepts introduced in the lesson and ensure students are proficient in the topic presented.
Good luck and good learning!
Lesson 1: Decision Making Process
Lesson 2: Anatomy of a Decision
Lesson 3: How to use Problem Solving Steps and Problem Solving Tools
Lesson 4: Distinguish Root Causes From Symptoms to Identify the Right Solution for the Right Problem.
Lesson 5: Improve Problem Solving and Decision Making by Identifying Individual Problem Solving Styles.
Lesson 6: The Creative Process for Making Decisions
Lesson 7: Barriers to Creativity & Overcoming them, Part I
Lesson 8: Barriers to Creativity & Over-coming them, Part II
Lesson 9: Tools to Improve Creativity
Lesson 10: The Analytical Process in Decision Making
Lesson 11: Tools to Improve Analysis
Lesson 12: Irrational Factors and Emotions that Affect Decision Making
Lesson 13: Fifteen Rules for Decision Making
Lesson 14: Implementing the Decision – Wrap Up
|Anatomy of a Decision||2|
|The Steps for Distinguishing the Root Causes||2|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||5|
|Emotional Decision Making||2|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||2|
|Implementing a Decision||2|
|The Final Exam||70|
- Following Decision Making Guidelines
- The Structure and Anatomy of a Decision
- Decision Making Implementation
- Breaking Down the Decision Making Process
- Emotional Factors That Affect Decision Making
- Business Management: Benefits of Teamwork
- How to Manage Good Customer Service
- Roles of Nonverbal Communication with Culture
- Understanding Communication and the Self
- Collaboration Tools: The Process of Problem Solving and Negotiating
- How to Link Strategies to Six Sigma Projects
- How to Write The Body and Conclusion of Your Great Speech
- Collaboration Strategies: The Practice of Running Meetings
- The Role of Conflict in Communication
- The Role of Respect in Sensitivity Training