Computers are a part of almost every household, but when you first unwrap your first machine and turn it on, you don't know where to start. Every person who knows how to work with a computer started somewhere, and that's where this course can help. This computer basics course starts from the very beginning from booting a machine, understanding basic windows in your operating system, and the computer parts that make up your machine.
After you get a feel for basic computer hardware and operating systems, this course explores networking your computers so that the reader can build their own small home or business network with multiple computers. Because information technology includes different types of computers, we also cover laptops and mobile device and explain how they are useful for your home or business.
Once you understand basic computer networking, the reader can move on to the Internet and its protocols. The Internet is a vast entity with trillions of web pages available to read, so we cover how to find information and use common communication function such as email. We also explain how to stay safe on the Internet to avoid popular scams and losing your sensitive information to hackers that could steal your identity.
Finally, we take a look at email and how to work with the Outlook client. We cover personal and business email settings, so you can get started emailing clients, vendors, customers and service providers. This course is mainly for people who are new to computers and the Internet and takes a look at functionality from a new user's perspective.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe history and classification of computers.
- Describe computer software.
- Demonstrate getting started with windows.
- Demonstrate using files, directories and the control panel.
- Describe communication between computers and the internet.
- Summarize security for your computer.
- Describe protecting your personal data on the web.
- Describe the different type of malware.
- Summarize methods for avoiding online fraud and network security.
- Describe methods for backing up data and email security.
- Describe protocols used in computer and internet communications.
- Describe methods for keeping your network safe.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Why I decided to take this course...||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 13 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 14 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 15 Quiz||10 points|
|The Final Exam||71 points|