Course Syllabus: Algebra 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and define Algebra terms.
- Identify Real Numbers.
- Perform basic Algebraic Operations.
- Identify and create Algebra Functions.
- Identify and solve Linear Equations.
- Identify and solve Linear Inequalities.
- Identify and solve Algebra Word Problems.
- Identify and solve Polynomial Functions.
- Identify and solve Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 – Algebra Terms and Motivation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 – The Set of Real Numbers||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exercises||Exam||7|
|Lesson 3 – Algebraic Operations||Exam||11|
|Lesson 4 Exercises||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 - Functions||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Exercises||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 – Linear Equations||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 6 – Linear Inequalities||Exam||11|
|Lesson 7 – Systems of Linear Equations||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 – Systems of Linear Inequalities||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exercises||Exam||4|
|Lesson 9 – Solving Word Problems I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exercises||Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 – Polynomial Functions||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 – Exponential and Logarithmic Functions||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 12 – Polynomial Functions II||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Exercises||Exam||4|
|Lesson 13 – Application of Algebra to Geometry||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14 – Application of Algebra to Statistics and Probability||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||47|
- How to Solve Linear Equations
- How to Solve Linear Inequalities
- Solving Algebraic Functions
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations
- Algebra Terminology: Operations, Variables, Functions, and Graphs
- Basic Algebra: Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Directed Numbers
- How to Calculate Probabilities for Normally Distributed Data
- How to Multiply Vectors - Scalar (dot) product
- Understanding how to Read Graphs and Charts in Business
- Newton's Second Law of Motion
- The Business Math in Retail, Sales and other Business Transactions
- How to Display Statistical Data
- What are Inductor Circuits?
- Math Skills: How to Do Subtraction
- Applied Statistics: One-Way ANOVA