| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
How to Buy and Sell Antiques and Collectibles offers a highly successful approach to acquiring and selling antiques and collectibles for both fun and profit. This course incorporates many strategies of acquiring and selling desirable objects and pieces, with the goal of personal enjoyment and fulfillment.
All collectors start somewhere. It begins somehow, usually with an interest developed early on as a child. Almost mystically, the collection begins. Eventually, there comes a time when the collector desires to sell an antique or collectible, perhaps because it is a duplicate or to make room for another object.
Successful collectors learn what sells, and what to buy in order to sell later. Many of the most profitable collectors and dealers learn the principals necessary to trade, barter, acquire and sell both antiques and collectibles. They avoid expensive mistakes and missteps. They use knowledge as their best tool to acquire items for their collections or resale.
This course will present many strategies and concepts to prepare you for the path of becoming a successful buyer and seller of antiques and collectibles.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Starting an Antique CollectionStarting an antique collection is a simple activity that offers the collector great personal enjoyment for a particular passion, and an opportunity for a profit.
Lesson 2: The History of AntiquingIt was not until the 18th century, with its development of the art and science of archaeology that produced the stimulus for both public and private collecting in earnest.
Lesson 3: What Types of Antiques to BuyThere are many different factors as to why specific items are chosen to collect.
Lesson 4: Collectibles Versus Just Plain Old StuffOld stuff is just that -- old stuff. It is not necessarily collectible or a good investment. Knowing the difference can significantly impact the profitability of your endeavors.
Lesson 5: Searching for Profitable AntiquesShopping and searching for antiques is a great way to spend a free afternoon.
Lesson 6: Detecting FakesOne concern shared among all antique collectors is purchasing a fake item.
Lesson 7: Setting the ValueThe determination of the value of an antique or collectible takes more than locating an item in a price guide or reviewing auction results.
Lesson 8: Buying from Antique DealersDealers often have those hard-to-find items on display and are ready to sell them to a collector.
Lesson 9: Antique Glassware, Furniture, and Other ItemsIn the world of collecting, antique glassware and furniture are extremely popular items that are constantly bought and sold.
Lesson 10: Care and Preservation of AntiquesSimple procedures and common sense go a long way toward making sure an item is properly preserved.
Lesson 11: Protecting Your InvestmentMost serious collectors insure their antiques and collectibles against many different kinds of losses.
Lesson 12: Learning about Your CollectionsMost avid collectors tend to specialize or find special niches that interest them, and then grow their collections.
Lesson 13: Where to Sell AntiquesAn important part of collecting antiques and collectibles is the selling of some of your items.
Lesson 14: How to Sell AntiquesBefore selling an antique or collectible, first find its value.
Lesson 15: Selling to DealersThere are both advantages and disadvantages to selling your object to a dealer.
|Course Title ||: ||Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550536 |
|Course Type ||: ||Entrepreneurial |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $30.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business
- Aromatherapy 101 Have you always wanted to learn the secrets of how to blend ingredients and make your own bath and massage oils, or hand and face lotions, or room refreshers and potpourri? Then this is the class for you! This is a self-paced beginner's course demy...
- How To Draw 101 This course is designed for beginner artists who have an interest in learning how to draw or sketch -- or simply want to improve their skills. It covers the tools you'll need to draw and also provide plenty of exercises to practice drawing using differen...
- Soap Making 101 Learn how to make your own soap in our self-paced online course. If you've always wanted to try different soap-making recipes, create your own signature items for personal use, for gifts or for profit, or just learn about what goes into making a so...
- Home Business Owning a home business can be one of the most rewarding career moves you will ever make. Not only do you get the freedom of answering only to yourself, but our increasingly Internet-savvy society makes reaching out to worldwide consumers easier than ever...
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food This course is filled with everything you need to know to get started in canning and preserving your own foods. By the time you finish this course you will be well on your way to making and storing foods like you have thought about for so long! In this ...
- How to Start a Craft Business 101 Congratulations on considering opening your own craft business! This course offers an introduction to business and guidelines that will help you create a successful and sustainable crafting business. In this course, you'll learn what to expect, how to cr...
- Floral Arrangement 101 Floral arranging is much more than simply putting a bunch of flowers into a vase and filling it with water. Learning the basics of floral arranging will help you put together a simple vase of flowers so that it looks elegant, professional and classy. In...
- Film Appreciation 101 'Film Appreciation for Modern Audiences' is intended as a journey through the world of film. It is a sampling of the thought and accumulated critical opinion that forms the basis of the modern stature of 100 years of film-making--as art or culturally imp...
- Wedding Crafts and Projects Make the wedding day an even more memorable occasion for the bride, the groom and guests by handcrafting all or parts of the bridal event. Wedding crafts are such a fun, creative and unique way to personalize a wedding and also to involve friends and lov...
- Small Business Guide Starting and operating a business is a minefield of rules and regulations. The regulations set in the moment you decide to start your own business. You need to get licenses and permits from the authorities. There are restrictions on the type of business ...
- Aromatherapy (Intermediate to Advanced) Since the beginning of time, man has turned to nature for help, specifically using essential oils extracted from seeds, flowers, bark, resins, and other parts of plants and flowers for a variety of reasons. The Western world has departed from the wisdo...