Course Syllabus: Statistics 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define statistics terms.
- Display statistical data.
- Define measures of central tendency.
- Select an appropriate measure of central tendency.
- Define measures of dispersion.
- Describe measures of asymmetry.
- Describe Probability I problems
- Describe and solve Probability II problems.
- Summarize statistical distributions.
- Describe the normal distribution.
- Describe bivariate data.
- Perform regression analysis.
- Describe Hypothesis Testing I and II, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Statistics Terms and Motivation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Displaying Statistical Data||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Exercises||Exam||6|
|Lesson 3 Measures of Central Tendency||Exam||7|
|Lesson 4 Selecting an Appropriate Measure of Central Tendency||Exam||11|
|Lesson 5 Exercises||Exam||4|
|Lesson 5 Measures of Dispersion||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Measures of Asymmetry||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Exercises||Exam||4|
|Lesson 7 Other Statistical Measures||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exercises||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Introduction to Probability I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exercises||Exam||4|
|Lesson 9 Introduction to Probability II||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 10 Statistical Distributions||Exam||11|
|Lesson 11 Exercises||Exam||6|
|Lesson 11 The Normal Distribution||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Bivariate Data||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Regression Analysis||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 14 Introduction to Hypothesis Testing I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Exercises||Exam||2|
|Lesson 15 Introduction to Hypothesis Testing II||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||146|
- How to Calculate Mean, Median, and Mode
- How to Display Statistical Data
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- What is Skewness in Statistical Terms?
- Types of Errors in Hypothesis Testing
- Steps for Elicited Requirements in Business Analysis
- How to Solve Higher Degree Polynomial Functions
- What is Electromagnetism?
- How to Build Electronic Circuits
- How to Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide Positive and Negative Numbers
- How to Graph Algebraic Relations
- Understanding Resistor Networks in Electronics
- The Mathematical Rules of Solving Exponent Problems
- Understanding Waves: Motions, Properties and Types
- What is Statistics?