Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
You'll learn how to tell if a wild animal really needs help, and what to do if help is needed and what not to do. The class covers transporting problems, health concerns, dealing with wild animals that become urban pests, the pet factor and so much more.
This course is for anyone who loves and cares about wildlife. It is devastating to attempt to help a wild animal or bird in distress only to discover you actually made matters worse. Don't make this mistake. Enroll and gain the correct wildlife rehab knowledge.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1. Introduction to Wildlife RehabilitationIntroduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation
Lesson 2. How You Can Become a Wildlife RehabilitatorHow You Can Become a Wildlife Rehabilitator.
Lesson 3. When and If to RescueWhen and if to rescue a wild animal or bird.
Lesson 4. Helping Animals With Wildlife RehabilitationHelping Animals With Wildlife Rehabilitation
Lesson 5. How to Catch a Wild Animal for RehabilitationHow to Catch a Wild Animal for Rehabilitation.
Lesson 6. Transporting Wild Animals to a Wildlife Rehabilitation CenterTransporting Wild Animals to a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
Lesson 7. Human Health Concerns in Wildlife RehabilitationHuman Health Concerns in Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Lesson 8. How Else Can You Help Wildlife?How Else Can You Help Wildlife?
Lesson 9. Wild Animals as Pets? NEVER!Wild Animals as Pets? NEVER!
Lesson 10. How to Safely and Humanely Deal with Nuisance WildlifeHow to Safely and Humanely Deal with Nuisance Wildlife.
Lesson 11. Sadness and GriefLoss and moving on.
Lesson 12. Questions, Answers, Interesting InformationThis and that...facts and advice.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define what rehabilitation is and whether or not is is for you.
- Summarize how you can become a wildlife rehabilitator.
- Identify when and if to rescue.
- Describe helping animals with wildlife rehabilitation.
- Describe how to catch a wild animal for rehabilitation.
- Describe transporting wild animals to a wildlife rehabilitation center.
- Summarize human health concerns in wildlife rehabilitation.
- Summarize why wild animals can never be pets.
- Summarize how to safely and humanely deal with nuisance wildlife.
- Recognize sadness and grief and how to deal with those feelings, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Are You Ready to Learn How You Can Be a Wildlife Rehabilitator?||Assignment||10|
|Brief Quiz 1||Exam||20|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Wildlife Rehabilitation Resources||Assignment||25|
|Brief Quiz 2||Exam||15|
|Assignment Lesson 3: Should You Rescue a Wild Baby Animal?||Assignment||25|
|Brief Quiz 3||Exam||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: How would you help these babies?||Assignment||25|
|Brief Quiz 4||Exam||65|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: How Would You Catch These Animals?||Assignment||25|
|Brief Quiz 5||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Transporting Captured Animals||Assignment||10|
|Brief Quiz 6||Exam||40|
|Brief Quiz 7||Exam||25|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: What Can You Do?||Assignment||25|
|Assignment Lesson 9: Why Wild Animals Cannot be Pets||Assignment||25|
|Assignment Lesson 11||Assignment||10|
|Assignment Lesson 12: Final Assignment||Assignment||20|
- "The instructor sure knows what she's talking about when it comes to wildlife rehabilitation." -- Natalie R.
- "I found all parts of this course extremely helpful at all times and thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt so much. Thank you very much. This course was wonderful." -- Carolyn B.
- "The course was really helpful and the instructor was very nice. I'll have to take another class here some day." -- Joseph S.
- "It broadened my view and knowledge on the topic, which is the reason I signed up for it." -- Terri N.
- "Very useful course - I learned a LOT!" -- Carol W.
- "It was pretty easy to navigate throughout the course." -- Rebekah C.
- "What was most helpful were the clear and concise directions on how to help an animal while injured or sick." -- Cortney S.
- View More Testimonials...