Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Course DescriptionWould you like to learn how to protect, nurture and help wild animals and birds? This course explains and demonstrates how you can help without being a wildlife expert. Though the course focus is on what you can do in your own backyard, it also will provide information on pursuing a wildlife rehabilitation specialist career.
You'll learn how to tell if a wild animal really needs help, and what to do if help is needed and what not to do. The class covers transporting problems, health concerns, dealing with wild animals that become urban pests, the pet factor and so much more.
This course is for anyone who loves and cares about wildlife. It is devastating to attempt to help a wild animal or bird in distress only to discover you actually made matters worse. Don't make this mistake. Enroll and gain the correct wildlife rehab knowledge.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to Wildlife RehabilitationIntroduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation
Lesson 2. How You Can Become a Wildlife RehabilitatorHow You Can Become a Wildlife Rehabilitator.
Lesson 3. When and If to RescueWhen and if to rescue a wild animal or bird.
Lesson 4. Helping Animals With Wildlife RehabilitationHelping Animals With Wildlife Rehabilitation
Lesson 5. How to Catch a Wild Animal for RehabilitationHow to Catch a Wild Animal for Rehabilitation.
Lesson 6. Transporting Wild Animals to a Wildlife Rehabilitation CenterTransporting Wild Animals to a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
Lesson 7. Human Health Concerns in Wildlife RehabilitationHuman Health Concerns in Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Lesson 8. How Else Can You Help Wildlife?How Else Can You Help Wildlife?
Lesson 9. Wild Animals as Pets? NEVER!Wild Animals as Pets? NEVER!
Lesson 10. How to Safely and Humanely Deal with Nuisance WildlifeHow to Safely and Humanely Deal with Nuisance Wildlife.
Lesson 11. Sadness and GriefLoss and moving on.
Lesson 12. Questions, Answers, Interesting InformationThis and that...facts and advice.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Wildlife Rehabilitation for BeginnersCourse Number: 30365Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: wildlife.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Cathleen ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $45.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $70.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what rehabilitation is and whether or not is is for you.
- Summarize how you can become a wildlife rehabilitator.
- Identify when and if to rescue.
- Describe helping animals with wildlife rehabilitation.
- Describe how to catch a wild animal for rehabilitation.
- Describe transporting wild animals to a wildlife rehabilitation center.
- Summarize human health concerns in wildlife rehabilitation.
- Summarize why wild animals can never be pets.
- Summarize how to safely and humanely deal with nuisance wildlife.
- Recognize sadness and grief and how to deal with those feelings, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 Assignment: Are You Ready to Learn How You Can Be a Wildlife Rehabilitator? Assignment 10 Brief Quiz 1 Exam 20 Lesson 2 Assignment: Wildlife Rehabilitation Resources Assignment 25 Brief Quiz 2 Exam 15 Assignment Lesson 3: Should You Rescue a Wild Baby Animal? Assignment 25 Brief Quiz 3 Exam 20 Lesson 4 Assignment: How would you help these babies? Assignment 25 Brief Quiz 4 Exam 65 Lesson 5 Assignment: How Would You Catch These Animals? Assignment 25 Brief Quiz 5 Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment: Transporting Captured Animals Assignment 10 Brief Quiz 6 Exam 40 Brief Quiz 7 Exam 25 Lesson 8 Assignment: What Can You Do? Assignment 25 Assignment Lesson 9: Why Wild Animals Cannot be Pets Assignment 25 Assignment Lesson 11 Assignment 10 Assignment Lesson 12: Final Assignment Assignment 20 Final Exam Exam 75 Total Points: 470
- "It was pretty easy to navigate throughout the course." -- Rebekah C.
- "What was most helpful were the clear and concise directions on how to help an animal while injured or sick." -- Cortney S.
- "My Instructor is wonderful! She was extremely available throughout the course and super fast to respond to any questions and comments!" -- Stephanie P.
- "I enjoyed it very much. It was very helpful to me and added reinforcement to my volunteer service at our local Rehab Center. Thanks again." -- Judi R.
- "Nice job!" -- Julia T.
- "All of the information in this course was extremely helpful to me and will be for others....This course was full of amazing information and the instructor was very hands on. She always got my grade information on my assignments back to within 2 days of completion no matter how busy she was." -- Kelly A.
- "It was a good overall course." -- Jacqui E.
- View More Testimonials...