Course Syllabus: Adobe InDesign 101
with CEU Certificate*
Adobe InDesign CS6 is a page design program that allows you to design high quality brochures, flyers, business cards, postcards, books and even pages for digital publishing such as those for the iPad and Kindle. InDesign gives you the power to do everything you need, from inserting and sizing graphics, adding text, creating interactive forms, and even packaging your work for a commercial printer.
Adobe InDesign CS6 is the latest version to the Adobe InDesign software program. Along with new features that improve function and increase ease-of-use, it still contains the same features that made other versions so popular.
This course was designed to walk you through the program step-by-step, teaching you what you need to know to gain a working knowledge of InDesign. Those who have never used InDesign before will walk away being able to create anything from a simple page to a book. Those who are new to CS6 but have enjoyed InDesign in the past will learn the new features and how they incorporate and work with the other features they love and depend on.
· How to create pages for books and documents. This includes digital publishing formats such as EPUB.
· How to create interactive forms.
· How to add, place, and resize graphics.
· How to create text, import text, and work with text within a document.
· How to use the new Alternate Layout feature to create several layouts for your document with just a click of a mouse.
· How to draw shapes and use those shapes in your document.
· How to use the new Content Collector tool to easily place multiple instances of the same content within a document – or within several documents. This is easier than copy and paste!
· How to package your work for a commercial printer. This is very important, but very simple.
· And much, much more!
- Adobe InDesign version CS4 - CS6(recommended) *
- a high school reading level.
No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Adobe InDesign CS6
Lesson 2: Creating and Viewing Documents
Lesson 3: Understanding Your Workspace
Lesson 4: Pages
Lesson 5: Working with Type
Lesson 6: Working with Graphics
Lesson 7: Formatting Objects
Lesson 8: Working with Color
Lesson 9: Points and Paths
Lesson 10: Managing and Transforming Objects
Lesson 11: Character and Paragraph Formatting
Lesson 12: Using Styles
Lesson 13: Tables
Lesson 14: Long and Interactive Documents
Lesson 15: Packaging and Printing
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1: Introduction to Adobe InDesign CS6||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2: Creating and Viewing Documents||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3: Understanding Your Workspace||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 4: Pages||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5: Working with Type||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6: Working with Graphics||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7: Formatting Objects||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 8: Working with Color||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 9: Points and Paths||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10: Managing and Transforming Objects||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11: Character and Paragraph Formatting||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 12: Using Styles||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 13: Tables||10|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 14: Long and Interactive Documents||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 15: Packaging and Printing||9|
|The Final Exam||70|
- How to Organize and Use Tables in Adobe InDesign
- Working in Your Workspace in Adobe Photoshop InDesign
- The Color Panel in Adobe InDesign
- All About Graphics in Adobe InDesign
- How to Work with Pages in Adobe Photoshop InDesign
- How to Create Data Lists in Excel 2019
- Adobe After Effects: Animation Techniques
- Process of Keying and Compositing in Film Cut Pro X
- What is Adobe Illustrator?
- OS X Yosmite: Using the Mac with Other Apple Devices
- Useing the Checkbook in Quickbooks Online Essentials
- How to Use Spotlight in OS X Yosemite
- How to Create and Edit Beautiful Charts and Diagrams in Excel 2019
- Final Cut Pro X: Using Transitions, Titles, and Generators
- Adobe After Effects: Working with Masks and Animated Layers