| || || |
Learn MS Project 2007 Today!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical path schedules, generate budgets, and create detailed reports on whatever aspect of your project you want to view. If it relates to managing your project, Project 2007 can help you do it.
The purpose of this course is to introduce Project to users and to teach them the features they need to learn in order to successfully be able to use this software for small or large projects – or any size between. Microsoft Project 2007 is a large software program and can seem complex to someone who has never used it before or has limited experience. However, the basics of the program are easy to learn and, once you've learned the basics, mastering the advanced techniques becomes quick and simple. It's safe to say that this program can easily become a project manager's best friend because it makes the hard work and headaches of managing a large project a lot easier.
Whether or not you've used a version of Project before, this course starts out with the basics so you're never left stumbling and confused. In the beginning, you'll learn how to navigate through so the look and feel becomes familiar. Then, we'll move on to the features and teach you how to apply each feature to your projects. When you're finished with this course, you will have the skills to use Microsoft Project 2007 to assist you in managing all your projects.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create and define projects.
- Create calendars.
- Organize tasks.
- Work with task duration, estimates, dependencies, deadlines, constraints, and task calendars.
- Customize and format.
- Manage resources.
- Track progress and run reports.
- Print project information and consolidate projects and resources, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Introduction to MS Project 2007If your company has a project that needs to be completed, you're going to want to make sure that every aspect of it is organized so that it goes efficiently and according to budget.
Lesson 2: Creating and Defining ProjectsWhen you want to start a new project, you have two choices. You can either create a new project using Project Guide or start from scratch by entering information on the default opening screen as shown below.
Lesson 3: CalendarsIn MS Project, the calendar shows the various hours in a workday, the days in a work week, holidays, and nonworking days on which a project schedule is based. Project allows you to set Base, Project, Task, and Resource calendars.
Lesson 4: Organizing TasksIn the last lesson, we learned how to create tasks. However, if you just created a long list of tasks, managing these tasks could get very daunting. Your task list should serve as an outline for your project.
Lesson 5: Working with Task Duration, Estimates, and DependenciesWhenever you create a task, you have to set the duration for the task, or how long it will take to complete. However, before you enter a duration for a task, you must know the three task types.
Lesson 6: Working with Deadlines, Constraints, and Task CalendarsOf course, when you have a project, you're going to need the project to be completed by a certain date. With that, you'll have deadlines for tasks so that each aspect of the project runs smoothly and on time.
Lesson 7: Working with ResourcesSo far in this course, we've mainly talked about tasks because these are the elements that drive your project forward. However, in order to complete tasks, you need resources.
Lesson 8: Customizing and FormattingAs with any Microsoft software program, you can customize and format different elements to give them the look and feel you want, or to tailor them to your own needs.
Lesson 9: Resource ManagementThe key to successful projects and excellent project management is finding the right resources. What makes a resource right for your project will be based on a couple of contributing factors.
Lesson 10: Tracking ProgressWe've mentioned baselines already in this course. Now it's time to actually learn what a baseline is and how to use it in Project. By definition, a baseline is the detailed project against which actual work is tracked.
Lesson 11: Running ReportsFinally! You've done it. You've taken the time to enter all your tasks, create dependencies, enter your resources, and assign your resources to tasks Now you get your reward for all that work. Now you get to run reports.
Lesson 12: Printing Project InformationYou can print any information that you have in your project. This includes the various views. In this lesson, we're going to do a quick run through of how to print in Project.
Lesson 13: Consolidating Projects and Resources Now that we've learned how to use Project to create and manage projects, we're going to talk about pooling resources, consolidating project plans, and assignments so that they can be shared with other projects.
|Course Title ||: ||Microsoft Project 2007 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550333 |
|Course Type ||: ||Computer Skill |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Computer Basics 101 Do you find yourself intimidated by computer jargon? Would you like to have a clearer understanding (in non-jargon language) of how your computer works? Computer Basics 101 will both demonstrate and explain how your computer works in an easy-to-follow, ...
- Excel 2007 Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPo...
- Digital Photography 101 You just bought your first digital camera and don't know the ins and outs of all those buttons. If that isn't daunting enough, the user's manual is pages thick and intimidating. Well, you've come to the right place. Owning a great digital camera is no g...
- Excel 2010 Most computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all t...
- QuickBooks 101 QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an e...
- MS Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Office 2007 will provide a comprehensive tutorial of these programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Word 2007 It doesn't matter if you're new to MS Word or an experienced user, this comprehensive course teaches the most basic features as w...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. Chances are, you've heard of Photoshop frequently in the past even if this will be the very first time that you use the program. Adobe's Photoshop program has become a ...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set ...
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate Have you ever seen those old black and white (or brown and white) pictures of pioneers? No one smiled, the women always wore gloves, and the children's faces were smudgy. In those days, the cameras required a longer period of time to capture the image th...
- Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you fac...
- Microsoft Access 2010 Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will...
- Quicken Deluxe 2010 Quicken Deluxe is a personal finance management tool that provides features that we all need to keep track of where our money is going. However, this software gives you more than just the power to log your finances and manage your bills. It can also ...
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 Microsoft Publisher can be an amazing tool. It can help us complete impressive tasks in a fraction of the time, and help to accomplish things that we could never have done on our own. But you have to know how to use this program. This course will sho...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 is a personal information software program that's available with the Microsoft Office Suite. Although it's mostly used as an email client, it can also be used for managing tasks, keeping your calendar, managing contacts, taking notes, journa...
- Internet Specialist 101 The role of an Internet Specialist in today's business marketplace is in exceptionally high demand. The Internet is a global web of interconnected networks that contains an immense amount of information. It has transformed how businesses conduct commer...
- Internet Fundamentals 101 Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet i...
- Virus Removal and Protection 101 It's amazing how many of us own personal computers at home, belong to Internet networking systems in work environments, and yet don't understand the very basics regarding Internet Security. While we've all heard terms like worms, spyware and Trojan horse...
- Windows 7 Welcome to Windows 7, the latest operating system introduced by Microsoft. Chances are, you were just getting used to Vista when this came out. And, most likely, some of you are still bound to the old and familiar (now) XP. We know that the though...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Adobe Flash 101 Adobe Flash CS4 can be a complex program to use and understand, even if you already have basic knowledge. It's very easy to get lost in the interface and confused by the many features it offers. This course was designed to solve the mysteries of Adob...
- Windows 8 This course is a comprehensive study of Windows 8, featuring an in-depth tour and how-to instructions designed to teach students Microsoft's latest operating system. All students will learn how to navigate the seemingly complicated interface, locate th...
- Windows Live Email 101 Windows Live Mail 2011 is a free email program from Microsoft. It comes with the free Windows Live Essential products, including Windows Live Messenger. If you used to use Outlook Express on Windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista, Windows Live Mail is ...
- OneNote 2010 OneNote 2010 is virtual three-ring notebook. In the old days, you used your paper-filled notebook to take notes, then you used subject dividers to group your notes so they stayed organized. OneNote 2010 does the same thing – quickly and easil...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...