with CEU Certificate*
This course will teach you how to ask questions, understand the answers, talk about what you did yesterday and explain what you plan to do tomorrow. Along the way you will gain essential vocabulary and hear real conversations so you can travel con confianza (with confidence). Throughout your journey to learning Essential Traveler’s Spanish, you will find explanations, examples and activities that provide the building blocks to construct a base for the Spanish language. Watch for the side text boxes that provide insiteful clues and hints to assist you in your learning process. Eventually you will be able to speak and understand one of the world’s most important languages.
This Essential Spanish for Travelers: A Beginning Guide (with audio clips) is designed to give you the basics in grammar and vocabulary but always focusing on travel so that you can communicate on your journeys as soon as possible. All activities, examples and vocabulary lists are geared towards traveler’s needs. But be forewarned: merely reading through the course as if it were a novel will not help you reach the levels that are possible if you truly take advantage of the tool you are reading right now. In order to get the most out of this course, you must actively work with it, completing the exercises, working on the activities and having fun.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
IntroductionThis introduction describes the icons used and the guide that will explain the best way to utilize this course.
Lesson 2: The Alphabet and Pronunciation GuideThe Spanish alphabet and audio to help with pronunciation.
Lesson 3: Start Building Your Basic Travel VocabularyThis lesson gives information on basic language skills such as greetings, counting, and telling time.
Lesson 4: Describing Routine Activities: Introduction to the Present TenseThis lesson describes how to use verbs in the present tense, personal pronouns, and negating verbs.
Lesson 5: Irregular and Otherwise Tricky Verbs in the Present TenseThis lesson discusses irregular verbs in the present tense.
Lesson 6: Improving Your Travel Vocabulary Part 1This lesson gives basic and common terms that you will use while traveling.
Lesson 7: Improving Your Travel Vocabulary Part 2Additional basic phrases and words used while traveling.
Lesson 8: Describing People, Places and ThingsThis lesson describes the most common nouns and adjectives
Lesson 9: Talking About Your Tastes and Interests and Expressing OpinionsThis lesson explains how to express your likes and dislikes.
Lesson 10: Asking QuestionsThis lesson describes how to ask and answer questions.
Lesson 11: Talking About the PastThis lesson discusses regular and irregular verbs and their tenses.
Lesson 12: Talking About The FutureThis lesson discusses future tenses of verbs.
Lesson 13: Cognates and False Friends For TravelersSome words that sound the same in one language don't always mean the same in another.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate reciting the Spanish alphabet and utilize pronunciation guide.
- Build a traveling vocabulary.
- Demonstrate describing routine activities.
- Demonstrate usage of irregular and otherwise tricky verbs in the present tense.
- Demonstrate describing people, places and things.
- Demonstrate talking about your tastes and interests and expressing opinions.
- Demonstrate asking questions.
- Demonstrate talking about the past.
- Demonstrate talking about the future, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Activity A for Lesson 2||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Activity A for Lesson 3||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||12|
|Activity A for Lesson 4||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 4||Assignment||5|
|Activity C for Lesson 4||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Activity A for Lesson 5||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 5||Assignment||5|
|Activity C for Lesson 5||Assignment||5|
|Activity D for Lesson 5||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||8|
|Activity A for Lesson 6||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 6||Assignment||5|
|Activity A for Lesson 7||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 7||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Activity A for Lesson 8||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 8||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Activity A for Lesson 9||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 9||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||8|
|Activity A for Lesson 10||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 10||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Activity A for Lesson 11||Assignment||5|
|Activity B for Lesson 11||Assignment||5|
|Activity C for Lesson 11||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Activity A for Lesson 12||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||8|
- Spanish 101 - How to Speak Spanish (with audio)$65.001.0 CEUs
- ESL Grammar Skills Level 1$95.001.0 CEUs
- French Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing$90.002.0 CEUs
- Basic English Speaking Skills$65.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.000.8 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Travel Agent 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar$65.001.0 CEUs
- ESL Basic Writing Skills$65.001.1 CEUs
- French 101- How to Speak French (with Audio)$65.001.4 CEUs