WordPress is a free open source blogging tool and content management system. WordPress can be used to create a traditional blogging site; however, it can also be used to create a standard website for business or personal use. This course focuses on creating websites using WordPress. No previous experience is needed. This course is structured in a way to help all students, regardless of their experience, learn WordPress.
Students will learn how to:
· Set up a domain and hosting account
· Set up a MySQL database on their server
· Install WordPress on the MySQL database
· Plan their website by choosing color schemes, fonts, layouts, and more
· Search for themes in WordPress
· Select, install, and activate a theme
· Add posts to their website
· Create website pages
· Add images, photo galleries, and more
· Create tags for SEO and categories to organize their posts
· Use WordPress as a content management system (CMS)
· Use widgets and plugins
· Create an ecommerce site
· Integrate WordPress with social media
· Customize a WordPress site using PHP, CSS, and HTML
· And more.
Each lesson covers a different aspect of WordPress and contains sections to teach students what they need to know. Step-by-step instructions, along with screenshots and HD video demonstrations, make learning to use WordPress a breeze. By the end of the course, all students will be able to successfully create their own customized and effective website using the information they've learned.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe what WordPress is and what it can do for you.
- Identify the right tools for the job.
- Demonstrate installing and setting up for WordPress.
- Demonstrate graphics and images usage.
- Demonstrate fonts and colors usage.
- Demonstrate planning the layout of your website and selecting a theme.
- Demonstrate adding content to a WordPress theme.
- Demonstrate WordPress plugins use.
- Demonstrate using templates in WordPress.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1 points|
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||10 points|
|The Final Exam||59 points|