Course Syllabus: Anatomy and Physiology 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define anatomy and physiology.
- Know the chemistry behind anatomy and physiology.
- Describe cells - the foundation of life.
- Describe tissues (different types and functions).
- Describe and recognize all parts of the integumentary system.
- Recognize the important parts of the skeletal system, muscular system, nervous system, and sensory system.
- Summarize the major parts of the endocrine system.
- Recognize the major parts of the cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, and the respiratory system.
- Summarize the major components of the digestive system, urinary system, and the reproductive system, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Quiz||Exam||55|
|Review of Basic Chemistry:||Assignment||15|
|Basic Chemistry Quiz||Exam||35|
|Review of Cells||Assignment||15|
|Review of Tissues||Assignment||15|
|The Integumentary System Assignment||Assignment||10|
|The Integumentary System||Exam||50|
|The Skeletal System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Skeletal System||Exam||75|
|The Muscular System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Muscular System||Exam||80|
|The Nervous System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Nervous System||Exam||85|
|The Sensory System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Sensory System||Exam||70|
|The Endocrine System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Endocrine System||Exam||55|
|The Cardiovascular System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Cardiovascular System||Exam||22|
|The Lymphatic System||Assignment||15|
|The Lymphatic System||Exam||50|
|The Respiratory System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Respiratory System||Exam||70|
|The Digestive System Assignment||Assignment||15|
|The Digestive System||Exam||50|
|The Urinary System||Exam||18|
|The Reproductive System||Exam||38|
|The Final Exam||Exam||332|
- Understanding the Digestive System
- Proper Methods of Informing Patients of HIPAA Compliance
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (Chapter 13) and Diseases of the Genitourinary System (Chapter 14)
- What Is Protected Health Information (PHI)?
- ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Properties, Synthesis and Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Disease of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders involving the Immune Mechanism (Chapter 3) and Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (Chapter 4)
- Adhering to HIPAA Administrative Requirements
- A Career as a Medical Assistant
- How to Calculate Reactions of Aromatic Compounds
- Medical Secretary Careers