Online Class: Punctuation and Grammar 101
This self-paced course will help you learn what you need to polish your grammar and punctuation skills. Punctuation and Grammar 101 is divided into two subjects which focus on grammar and punctuation topics.
Self-Paced, Online Class
Do you need a refresher course in basic punctuation and grammar? Is your business writing, school writing or personal writing a disaster and you're tired of stressing over mistakes? Improper grammar and punctuation is a sign for some people, right or wrong, that you may be less educated or less intelligent.
Your writing reflects more about your personality than you realize: it reflects your attention to detail, your education and how you think. Even the most basic writing -- like thank-you notes and emails -- can be sabotaged by just one grammatical error. In the business world, this can give clients the impression that you aren't careful. If your work is as sloppy as your writing, you aren't the person they want to hire or promote.
This online punctuation and grammar course will help you learn what you need to polish your grammar and punctuation skills to academic and professional levels. Punctuation and Grammar 101 is divided into two subjects which focus on grammar and punctuation topics. At the end of each lesson will be a brief quiz and/or assignment based on the lesson material. Your knowledgeable and caring instructor will review and grade all work and you can ask questions anytime.
Isn't it time to finally master the critical writing skills of grammar and punctuation? So join us today. As always, you can attend this course at the times that fit your schedule. Our system requires no special software or hardware, so why not enroll today and become informed and inspired?
Introduction to Grammar SectionIntroduction to this course. Grammar topics will be discussed in lessons 1-7.
Subject and PredicateThis lesson defines what a subject and predicate is and when to use singular or plural verbs.
Nouns and PronounsThis lesson defines nouns and the different forms of pronouns.
Verb TensesThis lesson discusses the three main tenses of verbs and their sub-categories.
Common Irregular VerbsThis is a list of some of the most common irregular verbs and their tenses.
Adjectives and AdverbsThis lesson defines what adjectives and adverbs are and the different degrees of each.
Prepositions and Prepositional PhrasesThis lesson gives examples of how prepositions are used and a list of the most common prepositions.
The ClauseThis lesson defines clauses and the difference between a subordinate and an independent clause.
Introduction to Punctuation SectionTopics on Punctuation will be displayed in lessons 9-15.
Periods and Other End StopsThis lesson describes the different kinds of end stops (period, question mark, exclamation point) to put on a sentence and how and when to use periods in abbreviations.
CommasThis lesson explains how and when to use commas and when to put them in clauses and phrases.
ApostrophesThis lesson explains the proper use of apostrophes and how to make a word possessive, individual or joint.
Colons and SemicolonsThis lesson describes how to properly use colons and semicolons in a sentence.
HyphensThis lesson describes the proper use of hyphens in words.
Quotation MarksThis lesson describes the correct usage of quotation marks for dialogue, quotations, and titles.
Additional Writing ResourcesThis lesson has additional writing resources for your review.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define, recognize, and correctly use the subject and predicate.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use nouns and pronouns.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use verb tenses.
- Identify common irregular verbs.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use adjectives and adverbs.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use prepositions and prepositional phrases.
- Identify the clause.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use periods, commas, apostrophes, colons, semicolons, hyphens, question marks, and quotation marks.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Punctuation and Grammar 101
Course Number: 57700122
Lessons Rating: 4.3 / 5 Stars (5,092 votes)
Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countries
Availability: This course is online and available in all 50 states including: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, and Washington.
Last Updated: July 2022
Course Type: Self-Paced, Online Class
CEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned.
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Instructor: April Graves
Syllabus: View Syllabus
View More Testimonials...
- "This course was very helpful in understanding the proper use of grammar and punctuation. Grammar and punctuation seemed too complex and a little scary for me. However, taking this course has simplified the different concepts behind proper grammar and punctuation use. Overall, this course was great, and I would recommend it to others!" -- Ann J.
- "Daphnee S was very much available for discussion of the class lessons, informative on topics, and overall very helpful in my review of punctuation and grammar." -- Shirley a. A.
- "I enjoyed taking this course. It took about three weeks to complete around a busy work schedule and home life. The content was thorough, and I appreciated that. Thank you." -- Ashley T.
- "The instructor was very prompt with grading and left encouraging comments. She did a great job." -- Pierce N.
- "Thank you for your time and dedication to offer this grammar course." -- Mayra M.
- "She is a great teacher and I learned a lot from both the class and the instructor." -- Nadine D.
- "I really enjoyed this class and learned (relearned) some things that I didn't remember. Thank you!" -- Lisa G.
- "Please keep up the good work, I really enjoyed this course a lot." -- Laci S.
- "Everything was helpful! This just gave me a refreshed mind for grammar." -- Michelle M.
- "She is very good and seems kind and committed." -- Mischwa M.
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Resume Writing 101 + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Humor Writing 101 + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs How to Write Case Studies + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Writing Women's Fiction + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Essay Writing 101 + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Paranormal Romance Writing + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Writing Improvement 101 + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs English Composition 101 + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs ESL Grammar Skills Level 1 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Basic English Speaking Skills + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Writing Effective Emails in the Workplace + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Creative Writing Workshop + More Info
- 19 hours 1.9 CEUs Creative Writing 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Understanding Learning Styles + More Info
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Poetry Writing 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Teaching Grammar to ESL Students + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Spelling 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Vocabulary Building + More Info
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Enhance Your Everyday Vocabulary + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Basic Research Skills + More Info
- 23 hours 2.3 CEUs Historical Fiction Writing + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Speed Reading 101 + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Report Writing 101 + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Creative Writing for Beginners + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Journaling and Memoir Writing + More Info