Online Class: Face Painting 101
with CEU Certificate*
Face painting, simply defined, is the act of applying cosmetic paint to a person's face for entertainment, theatrical, or even symbolical reasons. In today's society, perhaps the time we see examples of face painting the most are at Halloween or at school carnivals and other charity functions where face painter's set up booths.
However, face painting is not a trend that's come about in recent years, as you will soon learn. It's also not a craft that's limited to Halloween or to entertain small children. Once you learn the art of face painting, you will be surprised at the number of ways you can put your skill to use, either for fun or profit.
This course was designed to introduce someone who's never painted a face before in their life to the art. It also goes one step further and provides detailed instructions for getting started, methods that you can use, then a handful of patterns so that you can start to paint faces like you've been doing it for years.
- The history of face painting
- How to learn to paint nearly any design you want
- The tools you'll need to be a successful face painter
- The types of paint you can use
- How to use the brushes and sponges to create beautiful designs
- How to create tribal art, animal faces, scary faces, and more
- The steps to take to create 6 beautiful designs--you'll be a pro at creating these by the end of the course!
- All about cheek painting
- How to easily make money from face painting
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: Face Painting in History and Today
Lesson 3: Face Painting Supplies
Lesson 4: Becoming a Face Painting Artist
Lesson 5: Safety Tips for Face Painting
Lesson 6: Preparing the Painter and the Face for Painting
Lesson 7: Planning Your Designs
Lesson 8: How to Select and Use Brushes and Sponges
Lesson 9: Basic Designs: Animals and Bugs
Lesson 10: More Designs: Clowns and Scary Faces
Lesson 11: Tribal Designs and Cheek Painting
Lesson 12: Face Painting as a Career
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz along with one assignments. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Introduction||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Face Painting in History and Today||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3: Face Painting Supplies||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: Becoming a Face Painting Artist||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5: Safety Tips for Face Painting||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: Preparing the Painter and the Face for Painting||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: Planning Your Designs||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: How to Select and Use Brushes and Sponges||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Basic Designs: Animals and Bugs||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: More Designs: Clowns and Scary Faces||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Tribal Designs and Cheek Painting||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment A||25|
|Lesson 12 Assignment B||25|
|Lesson 12: Face Painting as a Career||9|
|The Final Exam||99|
- How to Knit in Two Stitches
- Pricing in a Home-Based Craft Business
- Healthy Alternatives You Can Make When Baking Bread
- Running a Home-Based Craft Business: Targeting Your Market
- The Art of Making Hearty Whole Wheat and Sourdough Bread
- The Process Arranging Wedding Flowers!
- Preserving Cans of Fruits, Veggies, and Berries
- Floral Arranging Tools and Tricks of the Trade
- Home-Based Craft Business: How to Sell Your Crafts
- How to Make Sweet Breads and Quick Breads