with CEU Certificate*
Acquiring and developing the fundamentals of English composition is a vital skill that can be used in a variety of settings and situations. Being able to competently compose an essay and organize a thesis is not only useful in academic environments, but is also useful for business and personal applications. Learning and practicing the basic components introduced in this course will assist those in high school and college; it will help those who will be taking college and/or graduate school entrance exams. It will also assist anyone who is currently job hunting by helping them create coherent, concise written material during the interview process. For those already in the business world, this course will help you create written presentations and other materials required on the job. It will enhance and expand your writing ability and thinking process in the world of business. This course will also benefit those in supervisory positions where a great deal of writing is required. Lastly, it will help anyone enhance their personal written communication skills.
There are eleven comprehensive lessons presented in an easy to follow, informative manner. The end of each lesson will provide you with multiple summary review questions so that you may effectively test your new found knowledge. We encourage you to use these self-test questions as well as a writing assignment to determine whether you are ready to move on to the next lesson or if you should review portions of the preceding lesson before taking the next step. Don't rush yourself. Making full use of this course, in its entirety, is the first step in becoming a master at using the written word to communicate your ideas and thoughts clearly and with great effect.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Essay Writing as a ProcessEssay writing, unlike fiction or poetry writing, is a method of addressing specific points that the author is trying to convey to their particular audience.
Lesson 2. A Review of Grammar and PunctuationThe lesson will provide you with a clear, basic refresher of the most important rules of grammar and punctuation that you will need when creating essays of any kind.
Lesson 3. The Structures of an Essay. Essay WritingThe first lesson of this course focused on the 8 processes of creating any essay. This lesson will delve deeper and discuss the importance of specific portions and the intent of essay writing.
Lesson 4. OutliningOutlining will assist you in planning your essay and will help you to organize your information so you will have a step-by-step structure, on paper, to guide you through the development, research, and writing process.
Lesson 5. Developing a Powerful Thesis StatementThis lesson will provide you with the tools needed to produce a highly effective thesis statement no matter what your topic or subject may be.
Lesson 6. Introduction to the Concept of ResearchAccurate and thorough research is as essential to your essay as a well developed thesis statement. This lesson will provide tools and knowledge about performing research that will help expedite the process for you.
Lesson 7. Rough Drafting or First DraftingRough drafting is an important step in creating a well rounded, well written essay.
Lesson 8. The Revision ProcessThis lesson will help clarify the finer points of revision and teach you some tips and hints that have been used by academics and professionals to create a satisfying, well written final product.
Lesson 9. Writing Effective Introductions and ConclusionsThis lesson will help you to write beginnings and ends that will have your audience anxious to read on and be satisfied at the finish.
Lesson 10. The Final DraftThis Lesson will teach you how to wrap up the loose ends associated with your completed essay. It is mostly concerned with the final tasks you must complete before handing in or presenting your essay.
Lesson 11. Introduction to Style GuidesUsing the proper style guide is important in creating standard, well formatted essays. You can use all of these guides as you would a dictionary or other reference guide.
Lesson 12. ConclusionDeveloping your writing to the point of achieving your desired results every time, takes work, experience, and effort.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate correct usage of grammar and punctuation.
- Describe the structure of an essay.
- Create an outline.
- Develop a powerful thesis statement.
- Conduct research.
- Create a rough draft.
- Summarize the revision process.
- Write effective introductions and conclusions.
- Develop a final draft.
- Describe appropriate style guide usage, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||29|
- ESL Grammar Skills Level 1$95.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing$90.002.0 CEUs
- Basic English Speaking Skills$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Improvement 101$90.001.3 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$80.001.1 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.000.8 CEUs
- Enhance Your Everyday Vocabulary$60.001.6 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Vocabulary Building$60.001.0 CEUs