Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with those around you.
Although there are many sides to communication (including verbal interactions, nonverbal cues, and even using technology to maximize impact), there are a few basic fundamentals that span across the nation and around the globe. By understanding the way you communicate and increasing your knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiation, you can increase your probability for success with others.
Whether you are working in the business community, strengthening your personal relationships, or simply seeking to increase your comfort in reaching out to others as a whole, effective communication is your bridge from potentially hazardous misunderstandings to personal--and professional--success.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Recognize and describe various communication styles.
- Define verbal communication.
- Define nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrate proper techniques when communicating in writing.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving conversational skills.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving group communication.
- Describe techniques for improving communications with technology.
- Define barriers to communication.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of communication.
- Describe communication strategies to resolve disagreements and conflicts.
- Describe negotiation strategies.
- Describe how to receive and deliver constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Recognizing and Understanding Communication Styles||100 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Verbal Communication||100 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Nonverbal Communication||90 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Communicating in Writing||100 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Cultivating Conversational Skills||90 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Group Communication||100 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Communications Technology||70 points|
|Lesson 8: Communications and Conflicts||2 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Barriers to Communication||100 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Cultural Aspects of Communication||100 points|
|Lesson 10: Conflict Resolution Techniques||10 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Disagreements and Conflicts||100 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Negotiation||100 points|
|Lesson 12: Receiving Criticism||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Constructive Criticism||80 points|
|The Final Exam||57 points|