Course Syllabus: Effective Communication 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize and describe various communication styles.
- Define verbal communication.
- Define nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrate proper techniques when communicating in writing.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving conversational skills.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving group communication.
- Describe techniques for improving communications with technology.
- Define barriers to communication.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of communication.
- Describe communication strategies to resolve disagreements and conflicts.
- Describe negotiation strategies.
- Describe how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam: Recognizing and Understanding Communication Styles||Exam||100|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Verbal Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3: Non Verbal Communication as an Effective Communication Medium||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Nonverbal Communication||Exam||90|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Communicating in Writing||Exam||100|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Cultivating Conversational Skills||Exam||90|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Group Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Communications Technology||Exam||70|
|Lesson 8: Communications and Conflicts||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Barriers to Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Cultural Aspects of Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 10: Conflict Resolution Techniques||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Disagreements and Conflicts||Exam||100|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Negotiation||Exam||100|
|Lesson 12: Receiving Criticism||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Constructive Criticism||Exam||80|
|The Final Exam||Exam||57|
- Different Communication Styles
- Needing to Know Communications Technology
- Effective Communication: Negotiation
- The Role of Nonverbal Communication in Effective Communication
- How to Cultivate Effective Conversational Skills
- Using the SELECT Statement in SQL
- Common Characteristics Great Salespeople Share
- Types of Outreach Marketing for Your Business
- Business Math Essentials: Working with Decimals, Percent, Fractions and Exponents
- Memory Strategies: Say It, Write It, Do It!
- How to Use Cursors in SQL
- How to Solve Problems Like a Leader
- How to Make Your Policy Manual Look Good
- Situations of Emergency Response
- Techniques for Recruiting a Talented Salesperson