| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
These days, everyone can benefit from an online presence, and that means developing a website. This course covers a basic introduction of how to create your own website page-by-page using HTML, a common website coding process.
From basic HTML definitions to different types of websites, this course offers novice website builders information regarding the foundation of HTML basics and the difference between using HTML to design your website and using popular forms of webpage building software. The course also explains the difference between different graphics and images, and when to use each. Learn how to lay out and format your webpage, as well as some common mistakes to avoid when designing a website.
From the five most important tags necessary for web page creation to search engine optimization, this course gives new webpage builders enough information to get started. When you're finished building, you're going to need to know how to enhance your website as well as launch it. The course offers students information regarding registration of websites to finding the right web host. From internal links to outbound links and from organizing your webpage structure to choosing the right heading and font sizes, this course will help any student get started creating webpages and offers enough HTML to help you on your way to developing a well thought out, organized and attractive website that will suit almost any need.
We'll teach you the difference between HTML and WYSIWYG and provide you with the tools to know which is best for you. Have some fun and design your own website starting with the basics offered in this course.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe website functions, website formats, and and basic website design.
- Demonstrate building foundations with HTML.
- Define and use WYSIWYG editors.
- Describe webpage layouts.
- Demonstrate using images.
- Demonstrate formatting webpage text.
- Describe five important tags for webpage creation.
- Summarize search engine optimization.
- Create hyperlinks.
- Launch the website, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Web Site BasicsThis first lesson will provide a review of basic terminology and definitions involved in Web site and Web page construction and maintenance, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of using various types of Web site building methods and programs.
Lesson 2: Web Site FormatsWeb sites come in all sizes, designs, and formats that meet a variety of needs for individuals. In this lesson, you will define your type of Web site.
Lesson 3: Web Page Design BasicsAs we have mentioned before, there is more to a Web page than text. However, when it comes to information, the type of content found on your site may very well mean the difference between success and failure for many.
Lesson 4: Building Foundations with HTMLWhy should you learn the basics of HTML?
Lesson 5: WYSIWYGMost individuals interested in developing a Web site preferred to use Web page developing software rather than HTML because they feel it is less complicated. This lesson will differentiate between the advantages and disadvantages of using WYSIWYG software
Lesson 6: Web Page LayoutsThis lesson will cover the basics of tables, how they are used and how they are structured. We will also discuss page structures and the basics of navigation when it comes to roaming around your new Web site.
Lesson 7: Using ImagesThis lesson will offer students learning HTML basics and Web page design a little more detail in regard to the use of JPEGs and GIFs and how to avoid common mistakes when using images for Web pages.
Lesson 8: Formatting Web Page TextThe nice thing about designing your own Web page with HTML or WYSIWYG is that you can give it the exact look you want.
Lesson 9: Five Important Tags for Web Page CreationThis lesson will briefly describe the five necessary tags that are the basis for the development of any Web page, as well as briefly demonstrate how these tags are formatted.
Lesson 10: Search Engine OptimizationOnce you have built your Web site and launched it online, you are going to want people to find you. Search engine optimization, more commonly known as SEO, is important in this search.
Lesson 11: HyperlinksOffering visitors to your Web site the ability to move around within your site, as well as to others on the Internet, is essential. This ability is achieved through the placement of links throughout your page.
Lesson 12: Enhance Your Web SiteEnhancing your Web site means so much more than adding interactivity links, graphics, and content.
Lesson 13: Launching Your Web SiteNow that the hard work designing your Web pages or Web site has been completed and you are ready to launch, it is time to host your Web site. Finding the right Web host may take a little time and effort.
|Course Title ||: ||How to Create Web Pages |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900070 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $30.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Computer Basics 101 Do you find yourself intimidated by computer jargon? Would you like to have a clearer understanding (in non-jargon language) of how your computer works? Computer Basics 101 will both demonstrate and explain how your computer works in an easy-to-follow, ...
- Excel 2007 Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPo...
- Typing and Keyboarding 101 Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can sav...
- Excel 2010 Most computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all t...
- QuickBooks 101 QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an e...
- MS Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Office 2007 will provide a comprehensive tutorial of these programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Word 2007 It doesn't matter if you're new to MS Word or an experienced user, this comprehensive course teaches the most basic features as w...
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. Chances are, you've heard of Photoshop frequently in the past even if this will be the very first time that you use the program. Adobe's Photoshop program has become a ...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you fac...
- PowerPoint 2007 The purpose of this course is to help you understand what PowerPoint 2007 can do for you, whether you are familiar with PowerPoint 2003 or new to the application altogether. One of the most noticeable changes is the new user interface called the Microsof...
- Microsoft Access 2010 Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will...
- Quicken Deluxe 2010 Quicken Deluxe is a personal finance management tool that provides features that we all need to keep track of where our money is going. However, this software gives you more than just the power to log your finances and manage your bills. It can also ...
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 Microsoft Publisher can be an amazing tool. It can help us complete impressive tasks in a fraction of the time, and help to accomplish things that we could never have done on our own. But you have to know how to use this program. This course will sho...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- Effective Presentations Speaking in front of a group of people is one of the most common fears people experience. In fact, it may be more feared than death...or even spiders . Yet being able to present ourselves, our companies, our ideas and products to others is one of the mos...
- MS Office 2003: Word, Excel, PowerPoint This all in one training course will provide comprehensive instruction on three popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2003, MS Excel 2003, PowerPoint 2003. MS Word 2003 T his course teaches you all the basics of MS Word, from doing simply functions like ...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 is a personal information software program that's available with the Microsoft Office Suite. Although it's mostly used as an email client, it can also be used for managing tasks, keeping your calendar, managing contacts, taking notes, journa...
- Internet Specialist 101 The role of an Internet Specialist in today's business marketplace is in exceptionally high demand. The Internet is a global web of interconnected networks that contains an immense amount of information. It has transformed how businesses conduct commer...
- Internet Fundamentals 101 Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet i...
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101 Public and Motivational speaking is often a cause for anxiety for millions of people, and it need not be. With the proper preparation, knowledge, and mindset, you can become an extremely effective public speaker. Public and motivational speakers are in...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Adobe Flash 101 Adobe Flash CS4 can be a complex program to use and understand, even if you already have basic knowledge. It's very easy to get lost in the interface and confused by the many features it offers. This course was designed to solve the mysteries of Adob...
- Windows 8 This course is a comprehensive study of Windows 8, featuring an in-depth tour and how-to instructions designed to teach students Microsoft's latest operating system. All students will learn how to navigate the seemingly complicated interface, locate th...
- Windows Live Email 101 Windows Live Mail 2011 is a free email program from Microsoft. It comes with the free Windows Live Essential products, including Windows Live Messenger. If you used to use Outlook Express on Windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista, Windows Live Mail is ...
- OneNote 2010 OneNote 2010 is virtual three-ring notebook. In the old days, you used your paper-filled notebook to take notes, then you used subject dividers to group your notes so they stayed organized. OneNote 2010 does the same thing – quickly and easil...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...