Paranormal Investigation 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to give you a deeper insight into the world of paranormal investigation. If you are a skeptic, but possess an open mind, you will discover that paranormal investigation is similar to the process of forensic investigation. Essential characteristics of a paranormal investigation require a cautious approach backed up with scientific methodology.The provided information will prepare you to establish yourself as a leading source when families are plagued by the possibility of ghosts, poltergeists or other haunting specters. We will study the different types of paranormal activities, a typical case study of a "Haunting", the essential investigating equipment, the investigating process and how to deal with the aftermath of an investigation. This course will also include a list of research centers, associations and web sites of interest to a potential or seasoned paranormal investigator.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to the Study of Paranormal ActivitiesIn this lesson we will go over this growing scientific field, how paranormal activites are detected, terminology used, and further academic studies.
Lesson 2: A Haunting: A Typical ScenarioIn this lesson, we'll cover what a haunting is, as well as the various types of hauntings you might face. We'll also look into the various degrees of a haunting and what you and the affected family should plan to do next.
Lesson 3: Investigating EssentialsThis lesson will focus on four primary objectives: The initial phone call, Making an assessment, Interviewing witnesses and Identifying fraudulent claims.
Lesson 4: The Finer Art of Ghost-BustingThroughout this lesson, we'll cover the basics of an on-site investigation, from signs to look out for; equipment to add to your tool box, as well as some commonly trusted procedures protocols for running a first-rate, professional investigation.
Lesson 5: What To Do If You Find Evidence of Paranormal ActivitiesThis lesson will focus on deciding how to deal with the activity found, deciding whether you'll seek to communicate directly with the entities involved or do the job without interacting with them directly.
Lesson 6: Knowing When the Job Is DoneIn this lesson, we will cover the particulars of follow-up visits, and also some preventative care tips to help eliminate the possibility of future manifestations.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Paranormal Investigation 101Course Number: 31201Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToGrading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: UniversalClass Staff InstructorSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a paranormal investigation is and what it consists of.
- Describe a typical scenario.
- Identify the investigating essentials.
- Describe the procedures to follow in conducting an investigation.
- Summarize what to do if you find evidence of paranormal activities.
- Describe how to know when the job is done, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Assignment Lesson 1: Introduction Assignment 1 1. Introduction to Paranormal Investigation Exam 45 Assignment Lesson 2: What is a Haunting? Assignment 2 2. Hauntings Exam 25 Assignment Lesson 3: The Purpose of the Initial Call Assignment 2 3. Investigation Essentials Exam 45 Assignment Lesson 4: Commonly Trusted Policies and Procedures. Assignment 2 4. The Process of Investigating Exam 50 5. Finding Evidence of Paranormal Activities Exam 50 Final Assignment Assignment 2 6. Knowing When the Job Is Done Exam 25 Final Exam Exam 200 Total Points: 449
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I FOUND THAT IN EACH LESSON OF THE COURSE MOST HELPFUL WERE THE DETAILS EXPRESSED AMD NOT JUST SUBJECTS IN GENERAL BUT THE SPECIFIC LITTLE THINGS....I BELEIVE THE INSTRUCTOR IS VERY PROFFESSIONAL AND HAS MADE UP A VERY SPECIAL COURSE THAT HAS HELPED ME VERY MUCH. THANK YOU!...I BELEIVE THE INSTRUCTOR IS VERY PROFFESSIONAL AND HAS MADE UP A VERY SPECIAL COURSE THAT HAS HELPED ME VERY MUCH. THANK YOU!" -- Demetra G.
- "This teacher is excellent. She sounds like a wonderful person to know. The course was very well presented. Your E-mails were always answered....This is a wonderful class and the teacher is great and a knowledgeable expert....This is a wonderful class and the teacher is great and a knowledgeable expert." -- Linda C.
- "The instructtor was very efficient and was there to answer any questions you had in a fast time frame....The instructtor was very efficient and was there to answer any questions you had in a fast time frame." -- william H.
- "Was very happy with everything, have already talked about taking next course and talked to my husband about taking courses as well....Was very happy with everything, have already talked about taking next course and talked to my husband about taking courses as well." -- Dwanda G.
- "The course gave me a broad overview and a very solid foundation for further study....I felt the course was well prepared and professionally presented. Thank you!...I felt the course was well prepared and professionally presented. Thank you!" -- Dave D.
- "The instructor always promtly answered emails and graded the exams. She was also encouraging....The instructor always promtly answered emails and graded the exams. She was also encouraging." -- ehrin N.
- "The instructor was great and I would like to attend another course taught by her....The instructor was great and I would like to attend another course taught by her." -- Ricardo C.
- View More Testimonials...