We're sorry, this course is
not open for enrollment.
This online course will prepare you to take the Mathematics portion of the GED® (General Educational Development) test. The testing format will be explained and broken down to highlight the content this part of the exam will cover. This course will provide several resources from strategies, review of material, test taking tips, practice exercises and tests.
-Arithmetic (different forms of numbers, signs and symbols, how to perform various operations, how to solve problems with Fractions, Percents and Decimals, and much more)
-Algebra (linear Equations and Inequalities, how to solve various word problems, how to simplify and factor numbers, and much more)
-Statistics (Data Analysis, Probability, Measures of Central Tendency, charts/tables/schedules, graphs, circle/bar/line graphs)
-Geometry (Geometric Concepts and Relationships, understanding measurements of congruence and similarity, the Pythagorean Theorem, and much more)
You cannot take the GED® test online. UniversalClass does not administer state-sanctioned GED® tests.
We recommend the following steps to pass the official, state-administered, GED® test:
- Enroll in a GED® Preparation course
- Purchase all recommended GED® Preparation books and materials
- Study all course materials
- Take all practice tests in the course and book materials
- After you have mastered all material and passed all tests, you must sign up for the state-administered GED® test
- Take the GED® test in person approved by both your state and the American Council on Education with a proctor
- If you pass the state-administered GED® test, the state will issue you a high school equivalency diploma
*GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service®® brands are administered by GED Testing Service® LLC under license. THIS WORK IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR LICENSED BY AMERICAN COUNSEL ON EDUCATION OR GED Testing Service®, AND ANY REFERENCE TO "GED®" IN THE TITLE OR BODY OF THIS WORK IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO IMPLY AN AFFILIATION WITH, OR SPONSORSHIP BY, GED Testing Service® OR ANY STATE OR ENTITY AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE GED® BRANDED GOODS OR SERVICES.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Introduction to Math Preparation for the GEDThis course will begin by going through the test requirements as well as other test taking information.
Lesson 1: Whole Numbers & OperationsLesson topics include Basic Operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), Solving Word Problems with Basic Operations
Lesson 2: Number SenseLesson topics include Powers, Exponents & Square Roots, and Order of Operations
Lesson 3: Decimal NumbersLesson topics include Place Value and Ordering Decimals, Decimal Operations (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
Lesson 4: Fractions & Fraction OperationsLesson topics include Fractions & Fraction Operations, Types of Fractions, and Operations with Fractions
Lesson 5: Number RelationshipsLesson topics include signed numbers, and Multiplying & Dividing Signed Numbers
Lesson 6: Statistics & Data AnalysisLesson topics include Ratios and Rates, and Proportions
Lesson 7: PercentsLesson topics include Converting Percents to Fractions and Decimals (and vice versa!), and Solving Percent Problems & Interest Problems
Lesson 8: ProbabilityLesson topics include Probability, Probability Range, and Dependent Probability
Lesson 9: Data AnalysisLesson topics include Measures of Central Tendency, finding the range, finding the mean, finding the median, finding the mode, and interpreting Charts, Tables and Graphs.
Lesson 10: AlgebraLesson topics include Algebra expressions & equations, one-step and multi-step Algebra equations- word problems- simplifying expressions- Inequalities, and graphing & multiplying expressions
Lesson 11: MeasurementLesson topics include standard & metric measurement, time- distance & money calculations.
Lesson 12: GeometryLesson topics include Geometry Vocabulary & Measurements, Angles and Triangles Relationships.
- Algebra 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.003.0 CEUs
- Pre-Algebra 101$75.001.4 CEUs
- Geometry 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.001.4 CEUs
- GED Test Preparation$150.003.7 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Statistics 101$120.003.5 CEUs
- Precalculus 101$110.003.5 CEUs
- Basic Math 101$75.002.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Algebra$75.003.0 CEUs
- Math All-In-One (Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry Review)$110.003.5 CEUs
- ABCs of Geometry$75.001.3 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Applied Statistics 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.001.0 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.5 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- English Composition 101$65.001.1 CEUs