Math Preparation for the GED® Test
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
This online course will prepare you to take the Mathematics portion of the GED® (General Educational Development) test. The testing format will be explained and broken down to highlight the content this part of the exam will cover. This course will provide several resources from strategies, review of material, test taking tips, practice exercises and tests.
-Arithmetic (different forms of numbers, signs and symbols, how to perform various operations, how to solve problems with Fractions, Percents and Decimals, and much more)
-Algebra (linear Equations and Inequalities, how to solve various word problems, how to simplify and factor numbers, and much more)
-Statistics (Data Analysis, Probability, Measures of Central Tendency, charts/tables/schedules, graphs, circle/bar/line graphs)
-Geometry (Geometric Concepts and Relationships, understanding measurements of congruence and similarity, the Pythagorean Theorem, and much more)
You cannot take the GED® test online. UniversalClass does not administer state-sanctioned GED® tests.
We recommend the following steps to pass the official, state-administered, GED® test:
- Enroll in a GED® Preparation course
- Purchase all recommended GED® Preparation books and materials
- Study all course materials
- Take all practice tests in the course and book materials
- After you have mastered all material and passed all tests, you must sign up for the state-administered GED® test
- Take the GED® test in person approved by both your state and the American Council on Education with a proctor
- If you pass the state-administered GED® test, the state will issue you a high school equivalency diploma
*GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service®® brands are administered by GED Testing Service® LLC under license. THIS WORK IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR LICENSED BY AMERICAN COUNSEL ON EDUCATION OR GED Testing Service®, AND ANY REFERENCE TO "GED®" IN THE TITLE OR BODY OF THIS WORK IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO IMPLY AN AFFILIATION WITH, OR SPONSORSHIP BY, GED Testing Service® OR ANY STATE OR ENTITY AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE GED® BRANDED GOODS OR SERVICES.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Introduction to Math Preparation for the GED
Lesson 1: Whole Numbers & Operations
Lesson 2: Number Sense
Lesson 3: Decimal Numbers
Lesson 4: Fractions & Fraction Operations
Lesson 5: Number Relationships
Lesson 6: Statistics & Data Analysis
Lesson 7: Percents
Lesson 8: Probability
Lesson 9: Data Analysis
Lesson 10: Algebra
Lesson 11: Measurement
Lesson 12: Geometry
- "All of it was very helpful. It gave me the knowledge and confidence necessary for this section of the GED which, beforehand, I was very worried about. What was most helpful were the sections that most expanded on what I learned in school, particularly algebra, geometry and trigonometry." -- Kaleb H.