Testimonials for Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
- "Instructor was great! Also helpful when needed!" -- Marcus M.
- "What a great instructor. I'm very impressed with her turn-around time--she's on the ball!" -- Kari U.
- "The instructor was very pleasant and encouraging. The grammar and punctuation was the most helpful. However, the quizzes and assignments helped to pinpoint my weaknesses." -- Dana E.
- "She is a great intructor!" -- Lyndia M.
- "The instructor was very helpful when I needed her help. She was prompt with responses and grading assignments and exams." -- Michelle T.
- "I loved my instructor. She was very helpful, and was there when I had a question. Thanks to her, I am now much better at writing. Personally, I found all of it just as helpful as the rest. It was all amazing, and very helpful." -- Joslyn A.
- "I thought the course was well-organized and full of useful, easy-to-understand lessons. The instructor was very encouraging and helpful - taking this course was definitely a good experience and I would highly recommend it!" -- Kristi G.
- "I was impressed that this instructor was always right there for me. I feel I got more attention than I would in a non-online class." -- Christina P.
- "Instructor was great. Everytime I had a question she was right there to answer.
Great experience and will do again." -- Michelle M.
- "What was most helpful was the Punctuation section. I have been doing it incorrectly my whole life." -- Ciro G.
- "She is wonderful. She was always very quick in responding to my questions. Everything was helpful." -- Cindy C.
- "This course is a great thing for working people, the instructor was always there to help, answer questions, and encourage me." -- Wanda B.
- "The lesson on sentence structure was most helpful. Earlier on in my education, I did not have the opportunity to dissect sentences by naming the parts--the adjective, pronoun, prepositional phrases, etc. Having to learn grammar all over again, was a challenge." -- Darilyn C.
- "Punctuation lessons was the most helpful. Apparently I have been using semi-colons when I should have been using colons all these years!" -- Karen N.
- "I really enjoyed this class and I look forward to taking another class next year." -- Andrea M.
- "I found lots of different parts of this course very helpful. There wasn't any part specifically more helpful than other parts. Overall was very helpful." -- Sandra R.
- "The instructor was great. She was both knowledgeable and prompt with responses and clear with explanations." -- Jason H.
- "The actual writing assignments were the most helpful." -- Tammy A.
- "Very helpful." -- Renata B.
- "I appreciated the breakdown of the rules of grammar. The instructor was wonderful. Emails were answered within a very reasonable time. She answered questions even faster. I would love to take another course from her again." -- Lisa F.
- "I really feel like I walked away from this class knowing a lot more and I may decide to retake it in 3-6 months. I have made up hundreds of flash cards that I plan to become very familiar with each of the terms. I was very excited when I finally grasped the whole affect/effect process and I know it will be just as rewarding when I get the others down as well. I bookmarked many of the test pages or links that were made available and I plan to use them often as well, to continue to learn. It was very easy to become familiar with the rules of grammar again and the lessons were very easy comprehend. I was very grateful to be given a second chance to improve my test scores if I scored lower than a 70%." -- Caryn R.
- "It is a joy studying under this instructor! Working on the assignments. Applying the principles that I have learned. More important, assignments are corrected. This is more valuable than studying all the books by myself! Best of all, I have very competent, readily-available instructor! A million thanks to you.
" -- Joe O.
- "I found the course helpful. I have been out of school for over 40 years and there were rules and such that I had forgotten. Working at my own speed was very good for me." -- JoAnne G.
- "I confess that initially I was hesitated to take the class. I had tried this type of on-line classes before and was very disappointed. However, my experience with UniversalClass has been completely different. I find the way the material was organized very helpful and easy to follow. The logic in the sequence of the lessons was perfect as it make complete sense for those like me, who are looking to refresh the school grammar studies and to learn new things. I have to say that I am very happy with the class, the material and the instructor. I know that she was very busy because there are many students on the class. However, she always took the time to review the material and to even make comments on the progress or the performance.
In my line of duty, I am responsible for a lot of writing, and as the time goes by, I find myself with added writing responsibilities. I am not a native English speaker, therefore, I always double/triple check my writing. That's why it was so important to me to get back to basics and make sure I know the grammar rules in the English language. I find that the time I spent completing this course was extremely valuable and it will pay-off with very good dividends in the future. Thank you and keep up the good work with your web-site, your resources and the material of the classes. I can't wait to start my next class." -- Edna V.
- "Our instructor was demanding, but fair. I found that I didn't want to dissapoint her." -- Dennis M.
- "I needed the spelling review. As a teacher of literature and composition, it's always good to refresh my skills." -- Presley W.
- "Overall I found the whole course to be very helpful....The instructor was excellent I really enjoyed working with her." -- Carol K.
- "I had alot of fun doing this course and my instructor was very helpful. I found the punctuation, and paragraph structure very helpful." -- Molly C.
- "I think overall I really enjoyed the course. I definitely learned a lot and have improved significantly." -- Jayson S.
- "Great instructor." -- Rick S.
- "The instructor was of great help and easy to work with." -- Lori N.
- "She was well organized with the lessons. The whole course was helpful." -- Cathy F.
- "I found all of the course very helpful....The instructor was very positive." -- John E.
- "I really apreciate the fast response from the instructor and look forward to other classes I will take. I have had a difficult time with punctuation all of my life. After this class, I feel confident with my writing. I feel that the punctuation chapters were most helpful to me." -- Kari W.
- "One of the best parts of the course was the instructor. Whether it was grading assigments or answering a question, it was never longer than 24 hours to get her response, some came back the same day. Her comments and encouragements were great. I'm just starting the Business Writing class, and I'm very happy she'll be the instructor for that one as well. Thanks!" -- Gary S.