In this online class, you'll learn how to...
- Plan for a project
- Use templates to create projects in Project 2019
- Create, manage, schedule, and track tasks
- Create, manage, assign, and track resources
- Work with deadlines and constraints
- Troubleshoot problems, delays, and conflicts
- Use dependencies to help schedule tasks
- Work with lag time and lead time when dealing with tasks
- Create baselines and interim plans
- Run reports
- Print reports and project information
- And much more!
This course starts with the basics, showing you how to create a basic project setup. A new MS Project file starts as a template, and the project manager must then fill out worksheets to define resources and tasks. This course takes you step-by-step through each part of configuring a new task and creating resources to work on those tasks. We then show you how to assign each resource to a task to ensure that it gets completed.
After creating tasks and assigning resources, we move on to managing project timelines and tracking progress of each task and the project as a whole. Delays happen either from unforeseen issues or when a resource is unavailable for a time. With Project 2019, you can "level" tasks and rearrange the timelines for tasks so that you can still meet the project deadline within a given budget.
Finally, creating and customizing reports is covered along with printing projects to a physical or cloud printer. We also cover Project Pro features such as resource sharing and pooling. We also show you how to consolidate projects so that you can create subprojects within a main (larger) project. After you finish this course, you'll be able to manage any project plan from one location in Project 2019.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe what MS Project is and what is capabilities are.
- Demonstrate defining and creating projects.
- Demonstrate entering and scheduling tasks.
- Describe Project 2019 views.
- Describe calendar and how to organize tasks.
- Demonstrate working with task duration, constraints, and deadlines.
- Define dependencies.
- Define resources and resource management.
- Describe tracking work in MS Project.
- Describe communication and progress updates.
- Describe using baselines.
- Demonstrate customizing and formatting your project.
- Demonstrate running reports.
- Demonstrate consolidating projects and resources.
- Demonstrate printing project information.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Course Introduction and Goals||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||5 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||11 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 14 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 15 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 16 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 17 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 18 Exam||10 points|
|Final Exam||73 points|