Concentration is a part of our daily lives. We concentrate on our work and our life situations, either consciously or subconsciously.
Is focus the same as concentration, and if not why are the terms often used so interchangeably? Why can some of us read a book, listen to music, and think about the day all at once? Why can some of us simply focus on the task at hand and find it difficult to think about anything else? How does age play a role? Are your concentration skills and ability to focus improved or taken away from based on your age?
This course consists of eleven distinct lessons that will explore the process of concentration, factors that affect and enhance concentration, and ways of improving the concentration process. We will delve into the thought process, and how different circumstances can affect one's ability to focus and concentrate effectively. Furthermore, we will investigate the relationship between focus and concentration.
Lesson 1: Concentration and the Brain
Lesson 2: An Age Old Question...
Lesson 3: Concentration Frustration
Lesson 4: Exercising Your Brain
Lesson 5: The Sound of Music
Lesson 6: Food for Thought
Lesson 7: Sweet Dreams
Lesson 8: May I Have Your Attention Please?
Lesson 9: Concentration Barriers
Lesson 10: Concentration Helpers
- Lesson 11: One Size Does Not Fit All
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1: Concentration and the Brain||8|
|Lesson 2: An Age Old Question||9|
|Lesson 4: Exercising Your Brain||9|
|Lesson 5: The Sound of Music||10|
|Lesson 6: Food for Thought||10|
|Lesson 7: Sweet Dreams||10|
|Lesson 8: May I Have Your Attention Please?||10|
|Lesson 9: Concentration Barriers||9|
|Lesson 10: Concentration Helpers||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Definition Matching||2|
|Lesson 11: One Size Does Not Fit All||23|
|The Final Exam||46|
- How Sleep Affects Our Concentration
- Concentration Problems: Why Can't I Focus?
- The Brain's Ability to Concentrate
- How and When to Use Visual Aids to Make an Effective Presentation
- How to Survive Starting a Virtual Assistant Business
- Achieving a Win-win Negotiation
- The Impact of a Conflict
- Habits of Listening
- Resolving Conflict Between Others
- The Etiquette of Correspondence
- How to Conclude a Mediation Session
- How to Identify and Respond to Anger
- Basic Marketing Tips Every Company Must Do