Online Class: Haunted Places
Whether or not you believe in the paranormal, you can still enjoy the ghost stories that send a chill down your spine sitting around the campfire. Our love of scary stories has inspired horror movies and scary television shows, creepy novels and ghostly folk tales. We visit haunted houses and take flashlight tours of spooky cemeteries, all in the hopes of catching a glimpse of a ghost or catching a supernatural thrill. Harmless fun.
This course on hauntings is an overview of 15 locations around the world that are popularly described as haunted. Students of the paranormal can use these stories as an introduction to the subject and a foundation for further study. The lessons are specifically designed for beginners, and the locations were carefully chosen to represent a variety of different types of hauntings and their accounts.
Lesson 1: The White House & Edinburgh, ScotlandThe White House & Edinburgh, Scotland hauntings.
Lesson 2: The Rose Hall Great HouseThis lesson is the story of Annie Palmer and her voodoo powers.
Lesson 3: The Winchester Mystery HouseThis lesson discusses Sarah Winchester and her obsession with building this mansion.
Lesson 4: The Bell Witch of Bell FarmIn this lesson we will travel to Tennessee and explore the Bell Witch.
Lesson 5: Gettysburg BattlefieldThis lesson describes different hauntings from the Civil War.
Lesson 6: AlcatrazThis lesson describes the legends of Alcatraz Island hauntings.
Lesson 7: The Tower of LondonBecause of the well-known prisoners and executions, the Tower of London is said to have many hauntings.
Lesson 8: The 1886 Crescent HotelA colorful and controversial hotel in Arkansas has many visitors believing in hauntings.
Lesson 9: The Paris Catacombs and Bran CastleHere are some of the most famous European haunts.
Lesson 10: Waverly Hills SanatoriumIn this lesson we will learn about a tuberculosis sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky and a little about the Lemp Mansion in St. Louis.
Lesson 11: The Republic Ghost Train, The RMS Queen Mary & The Flying DutchmanTrains and ships are not immune to hauntings.
- Describe the famous hauntings of The White House and Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Summarize the hauntings of the Rose Hall Great House, The Winchester Mystery House, and The Bell Witch of Bell Farm.
- Describe the hauntings of the Gettysburg Battlefield.
- Describe the hauntings of Alcatraz, The Tower of London, and The 1886 Crescent Hotel
- Describe the hauntings of The Paris Catacombs and Bran Castle.
- Summarize the hauntings of Waverly Hills Sanatorium
- Describe The Republic Ghost Train, The RMS Queen Mary and The Flying Dutchman.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I enjoyed learning about all that was covered in this course. I don't think you should change a thing." -- Jennifer D.
- "I enjoyed the course and learned really interesting haunted history about my home country and other countries." -- Ginger H.
- "I loved this class. I signed up for it because of my interest in the paranormal but loved the history of the various locations. The instructor could not have done a better job. He was quick to respond to questions and brought the locations to life with his personal experiences at the locations. I would definitely recommend this class to others." -- Donna P.
- "I liked this course very much. The self-study pace was helpful as my schedule did not allow me to finish up the final lesson until later." -- Nina F.
- "I think it was fun and informative. There were places I hadn't known about and new information about the places I did. Thank you, it was a great course." -- Jessica M.
- "I truly enjoyed learning about the history and hauntings of these famous places. Your teaching videos and resources are very informative." -- Rebekah C.
- "This was a fun course to take. When I chose it I was looking for a break from the heavier aspects of history and it was perfect." -- Martha G.
- "I found this course to be very interesting. I have been getting interested in hauntings and all things paranormal for a couple of years now and this course has increased my interest. My favourite part of the course was The Tower of London but that is because I have been there so many times!" -- Kerry B.
- "It was such a fun course and I'm happy I took it since it was just for oure interest and not for any outside requirement. Time well spent!" -- Emily T.
- "This was a fantastic course, I have done courses on similar subjects with other online colleges, and this was the best." -- Paul H.
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs History of the Universe + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Astronomy 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Paranormal Investigation 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Emotional Healing 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Auras: Viewing, Identifying, and Understanding + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Chakras 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Angel Healing + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Meteorology Fundamentals + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Cosmology 101: A Simple Guide to the Universe + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs UFO Studies + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Reiki 1st Degree + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Chakra Meditation 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Chakra Clearing + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Metaphysics 101 + More Info