French 101- How to Speak French (with Audio)
with CEU Certificate*
This Instructional Course on How to Speak French (with audio clips) is a fast, fun, and manageable way to learn French in your own time. This guide starts at the beginning assuming you know nothing about French and walks you through, simple lesson by simple lesson, until you come out speaking about your daily routines, what you did yesterday, last year or in 1999, and what you are going to do tomorrow or in the year 2020. Along the way, you will find explanations, examples and activities that give you the building blocks to construct a base for the French language, often called the language of love.
This self-paced course is designed to give you the basics in grammar and vocabulary but always focusing on the verbal aspect that allows you to communicate as soon as possible. In order to get the most out of this guide, you must actively work with it, completing the exercises, working on the activities and having fun.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
IntroductionThis class describes how the lessons are organized and the icon used for the audio.
Lesson 2: The Alphabet and Pronunciation GuideThis lesson describes the alphabet and a basic pronunciation guide.
Lesson 3: Start Building Your VocabularyThis letter gives basic vocabulary words, time, counting and greetings.
Lesson 4: Talking About Daily Routines: Introduction To The Present TenseVerbs and personal pronouns.
Lesson 5: Irregular and Otherwise Tricky VerbsVerbs and their application.
Lesson 6: Improving Your VocabularyCommon phrases, family, singular-plural and parts of the body.
Lesson 7: Describing People, Places and ThingsThis lesson describes how to use adjectives.
Lesson 8: More VerbsThis lesson discusses talking about your likes and dislikes, your obligations and your capabilities.
Lesson 9: PrepositionsThis lesson teaches how to use prepositions in your sentences.
Lesson 10: Introduction To The Past TenseThis unit will explain and provide examples about using the various past tense verbs.
Lesson 11: Asking QuestionsThis lesson will explain how to ask questions.
Lesson 12: PronounsThis lesson discusses the different types of pronouns and how they are used.
Lesson 13: Introduction To The Future TenseThis lesson describes how to apply and use future tense in sentences.
Lesson 14: Cognates and False FriendsThis lesson describes words that sound or look the same in another language but could mean different things.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Identify the alphabet and pronunciation guide.
- Build your vocabulary.
- Demonstrate talking about daily routines.
- Demonstrate irregular verb usage.
- Describe methods for improving your vocabulary.
- Demonstrate describing people, places and things.
- Demonstrate preposition usage.
- Demonstrate verb tense usage.
- Ask questions in French.
- Use pronouns in French.
- Use future tense in French, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Activity: Daily Schedule||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 4 Activity: French Pronoun Chart||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Activity: Match Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Activity: Translation||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Verbs||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Matching Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Vocabulary 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Vocabulary 2||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Plurals||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Activity: Adjectives||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Activity: Adjectives 2||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Activity: Expressions with faire||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Activity: Matching Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Activity: Prepositions||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Activity: Past Tense Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Activity: Imperfect Form Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Activity: Question Forms||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Activity: Questions||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Activity: Indirect Object Pronouns||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Activity: Pronoun Exercise||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Activity: Correct Forms||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13 Activity: Future Tense Verb||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||6|
- "It was quite helpful to print out the educational texts for using them as a learning script." -- Timo W.
- "The fact that there were side notes and the exam tested what I learned. The beauty was it treated me throughout as a basic learner and at no point I felt uncomfortable with the challenge. Kudos to the Professor." -- Henna N.
- "It was fun!" -- Maria P.