Medical Office Administrative Procedures is a course that's designed to help those interested in setting up a medical office or who want to learn how to manage their current medical office more efficiently. With 20 different lessons, this course takes learners from the basics of a medical office to the more specialized concerns that face modern medical practitioners today.
1 - History of Medical Offices
2 - Types of Medical Offices
3 - Medical Office Staff
4 - Medical Office Management
5 - Computer Skills
6 - Telecommunications
7 - Appointment Scheduling
8 - Proper Patient Care
9 - Triage
10 - Handling Medical Emergencies
11 - Office Maintenance
12 - Billing
13 - Medical Terminology
14 - Medical Coding
15 - Transcription
16 - Medical Records
17 - Privacy Practices
18 - Medical Ethics
19 - Hospital Resources
20 - Medical Office Education
Medical offices take more than just a medical degree to begin and to run effectively. With this Medical Office Procedures course, you will not only learn how to set up a well-run office, but you will be able to create a medical team that offers the highest standards in patient care for each appointment and each person that walks in the door, while still making a profit.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe history of medical offices.
- Describe types of medical offices.
- Summarize medical office staff.
- Describe medical office management.
- Define what computer skills are needed for running a medical office.
- Summarize telecommunications needs of a medical office.
- Summarize appointment scheduling in a medical office.
- Summarize proper patient care and procedures in a successful medical office.
- Describe triage.
- Describe handling medical emergencies.
- Summarize office maintenance.
- Describe the billing process and its importance in the medical office.
- Recognize basic medical terminology needed to work in a medical office.
- Define what medical coding is and its importance in a medical office.
- Define what transcription is and why its importance in a medical office.
- Summarize medical records and security.
- Identify privacy practices.
- Describe medical ethics.
- Recognize hospital resources that are available in a medical office.
- Describe what additional medical office education you'll need to move forward in this line of work.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 - History of Medical Offices||10 points|
|Lesson 2 - Types of Medical Offices||10 points|
|Lesson 3 - Medical Office Staff||9 points|
|Lesson 4 - Medical Office Management||9 points|
|Lesson 5 - Computer Skills||9 points|
|Lesson 6 - Telecommunications||9 points|
|Lesson 7 - Appointment Scheduling||10 points|
|Lesson 8 - Proper Patient Care||10 points|
|Lesson 9 - Triage||10 points|
|Lesson 10 - Handling Medical Emergencies||9 points|
|Lesson 11 - Office Maintenance||9 points|
|Lesson 12 - Billing||10 points|
|Lesson 13 - Medical Terminology||10 points|
|Lesson 14 - Medical Coding||9 points|
|Lesson 15 - Transcription||9 points|
|Lesson 16 - Medical Records||9 points|
|Lesson 17 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 17 - Privacy Practices||10 points|
|Lesson 18 - Medical Ethics||10 points|
|Lesson 19 - Hospital Resources||10 points|
|Lesson 20 - Medical Office Education||9 points|
|The Final Exam||94 points|