Online Class: Housekeeping 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Keeping a clean house seems like such a daunting exercise for many people, but it need not be. Arming yourself with the right knowledge and the right tools will make cleaning easy and efficient. In this course, we offer a comprehensive view of how to care for your house, your belongings, and how to protect you and your family from harmful chemicals and allergies.
Before you begin any project, you must always ensure that you have the right tools for the job. Cleaning is certainly no exception. In fact, having the right tools for cleaning your house will make your job of keeping a tidy, clean house so much easier and enjoyable. You will learn how to set a schedule that will make cleaning seem less laborious, and you will learn the tips and tricks from the experts on how to deal with common household cleaning projects and issues. We will review cleaning tips for each room in your house.
You will also learn how to make your own cleaning supplies, which can be especially useful for people who care about how certain chemicals affect the environment, or who need to avoid certain chemicals due to allergies. Making your own products and be a fun way to save money and ensure a safer house for your family.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 : Your Cleaning KitBefore you begin any project, you must always ensure that you have the right tools for the job.
Lesson 2 : Creating a RoutineYour house and all of your possessions need cleaning at certain points, and when you consider the size of your house or the number of your belongings, it can seem like a daunting task to keep everything neat, tidy, and clean.
Lesson 3 : Making Your Own Cleaning Supplies: Chemistry, Fundamentals, and RecipesEven with the advent of more sophisticated (and very powerful) cleaning agents, more and more people are turning to making their own cleaning supplies, for a number of reasons.
Lesson 4 : Cleaning the KitchenIn this course, we will review how to clean each room in your house, and we will start with the kitchen.
Lesson 5 : Cleaning BathroomsProper hygiene in the bathroom is extremely important. While bacteria are of course a concern, you must also consider mold in the bathroom, as mold tends to grow in warm, moist environments.
Lesson 6 : Cleaning the Living RoomFor many people, the living room is where you relax after a long day. It should be as inviting as possible, and that begins with keeping it clutter-free. Your daily routine should always include tidying up the house, and especially the living room.
Lesson 7 : Cleaning the BedroomsThe bedroom is a place of rest and nothing impedes rest as much as uncleanliness. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary, and the best way to start in creating an environment of rest and relaxation is to de-clutter.
Lesson 8 : Cleaning the LaundryCleaning the laundry is a big part of keeping a household clean. By following the care labels attached to garments and following the instructions in this chapter, you can extend the life of your clothes and make the laundry process easier.
Lesson 9 : Furniture CareMany people have invested a good deal of money in their furniture, so it is important to know how to properly care for it.
Lesson 10 : Pets and AllergiesOur pets are dear companions for many people and we strive to make them as happy as possible in their environment.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Housekeeping 101Course Number: 8900281Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.6 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: housekeeping101.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Nancy FillipSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Determine and assemble your cleaning kit.
- Define a cleaning schedule and develop a cleaning routine.
- Know the fundamentals about creating your own cleaning supplies.
- Describe the techniques to clean a kitchen.
- Describe the techniques to clean a bathroom.
- Describe the techniques to clean the living room area.
- Describe the techniques to clean bedrooms.
- Define the methods to properly clean laundry.
- Describe basic furniture care techniques.
- Recognize and describe how to deal with pets and allergies, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Introduction Assignment 100 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 1 : Your Cleaning Kit Exam 10 Your Routine Assignment 100 Lesson 2 : Creating a Routine Exam 10 Being Clean Assignment 100 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 3 : Making Your Own Cleaning Supplies – Chemistry, Fundamentals, and Recipes Exam 10 Cleaning An Area Of Your Kitchen Assignment 100 Lesson 4 : Cleaning the Kitchen Exam 9 One Hundred Years Ago Assignment 100 The Pristine Bathroom Assignment 100 Lesson 5 : Cleaning Bathrooms Exam 10 Cleaning the Living Room Assignment 100 Lesson 6 : Cleaning the Living Room Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 7 : Cleaning the Bedrooms Exam 10 Dry Cleaning Assignment 100 Lesson 8 : Cleaning the Laundry Exam 10 Wooden Furniture Assignment 100 Lesson 9 : Furniture Care Exam 10 Final Thoughts Assignment 100 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 10 : Pets and Allergies Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 49 Total Points: 1248
- "I throughly enjoyed taking this course. It was my first online course and I was not disappointed. The instructor presented material that was new to me and also presented it in a way that was clear, concise and easy to follow. I look forward to starting my next course!" -- Catherine P.
- "She gave alot of great important websites to help me on cleaning all the house. Sometimes we forget some of the rooms in our house. Thank you for the information. I have started making plans to clean, clean, and clean. I am not a very good housekeeper. The information will help me to get my house in order." -- Rachel M.
- "Good instructor!" -- Julie H.