Course Syllabus: Geometry 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define basic geometry terms.
- Define geometric reasoning and measurement.
- Describe angles and parallelism.
- Describe properties of triangles.
- Describe congruent triangles.
- Describe similar triangles.
- Solve problems involving Quadrilaterals.
- Solve problems involving Polygons.
- Solve problems involving circles.
- Describe classical construction.
- Solve practical geometry problems.
- Describe three-dimensional geometry, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1 Exercises||Exam||5|
|Lesson 1 Geometry Terms and Motivation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Geometric Reasoning and Measurement||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Angles and Parallelism||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 4 Triangles I: Properties of Triangles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Exercises||Exam||3|
|Lesson 5 Triangles II: Congruent Triangles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Triangles III: Similar Triangles||Exam||7|
|Lesson 7 Quadrilaterals||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exercises||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Polygons||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Circles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Composite Figures||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Classical Construction||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Practical Geometry Problems||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Three-Dimensional Geometry I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Three-Dimensional Geometry II||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Geometry and Trigonometry||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||43|
- How to Calculate Angles and Parallelism
- How to Solve Practical Geometry Problems
- How to Calculate Similar Triangles in Geometry
- Understanding Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Understanding Composite Figures in Geometry
- Understanding Variable Use in Algebra
- Precalculus: Using Polar Coordinates
- What is Physics and Why is it Important?
- Precalculus Introduction to Equations and Inequalities
- How to Build Electronic Circuits
- Newton's Second Law of Motion
- How to Calculate the Chi-Square Statistic for a Cross Tabulation
- Understanding Magnetism and Currents
- Math Skills: How to Do Multiplication
- Using Conditional Statements in Geometry