Course Syllabus: Adobe Fireworks 101
with CEU Certificate*
Adobe Fireworks is a program that is part of the Adobe Creative Suite family of products. Formerly known as Macromedia Fireworks, the program is a bitmap and vector graphics editor that is typically used to create interactive graphics and website prototypes, as well as interfaces for apps and games.
This course was designed to teach you how to successfully use Adobe Fireworks CS6, no matter if you have ever used the program before or not. Both the beginner and seasoned user can benefit from this course, starting with the basics of the program including navigation and continuing on to more advanced features.
You will learn how to:
· Navigate Fireworks CS6
· Create new documents and import existing ones
· Import pages and images
· Work with layers, pages, and documents
· Edit bitmap images
· Create and edit vector images
· Using bitmap and vector masks
· Add styles and apply effects
· Use slices and hotspots to create animation and interactivity
· Use and create symbols
· Create an interactive prototype
· And more
You do not need to have access to Fireworks to take or complete this course. However, it is recommended. Please note that a 30 day free trial of the current version of Fireworks is available on the Adobe website for those who want to follow along and practice what they learn.
- Adobe Fireworks CS6 (recommended) *
- a high school reading level.
No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Adobe Fireworks CS6
Lesson 2: The Fireworks Workflow
Lesson 3: Working with Bitmap Images
Lesson 4: The Bitmap Selection Tools
Lesson 5: Working with Vector Shapes
Lesson 6: Creating and Editing Masks
Lesson 7: Using and Creating Styles
Lesson 8: All about Symbols
Lesson 9: Optimizing Your Files
Lesson 10: Adding Interactivity to Objects
Lesson 11: Tying It All Together
Lesson 12: Making Things Easier
- Making Use of Bitmap Selection Tools in Adobe Fireworks
- Working with Masks in Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Fireworks: Developing The Workflow
- Using Symbols in Adobe Fireworks
- What is Adobe Fireworks?
- All About The Typing Tool in Adobe InDesign
- Using Muse CC Tools for Creating and Planning a Site
- Screen Recording with Adobe Captivate
- How to Use the Analysis ToolPak in Excel 2019
- Working with Layers in Adobe Photoshop
- Process of Keying and Compositing in Film Cut Pro X
- How to Use the Painting Tools in Photoshop Elements 15
- Working in Your Workspace in Adobe Photoshop InDesign
- Make Your Spreadsheets Pop with Sparklines in Excel 2019
- Getting Started with Photoshop Lightroom