Course Syllabus: Introduction to CSS
with CEU Certificate*
We show you how to position your elements, lay out your elements relative to your documents, and style your HTML using predefined CSS values. We introduce you to the common CSS styling that you'll need when you start off designing your pages. If you want to get to know CSS and website design, this course is meant for you, and it can be used by anyone who hasn't even seen one line of CSS code yet. We focus on the latest CSS 3 and HTML 5 standards, so you get the latest when coding your website pages instead of focusing on older code.
Lesson 1: Introduction to CSS: Why Use CSS?
Lesson 2: CSS Syntax
Lesson 3: HTML 5 and CSS
Lesson 4: Set Up Web Pages with CSS
Lesson 5: Styling Text, Font, and Properties
Lesson 6: Styling Page Backgrounds
Lesson 7: Styling Lists in CSS
Lesson 8: Using CSS Classes and IDs
Lesson 9: Using Borders and Height and Width CSS Properties
Lesson 10: CSS Pseudo Elements
Lesson 11: Positioning Elements
Lesson 12: Validating CSS and HTML
No additional course materials required to complete this course.
A brief 10 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better.
- About The Latest Versions of HTML5 and CSS
- How to Style CSS Lists
- How to Position Elements in CSS
- CSS Explained in Layman's Terms
- How to Create and Style CSS3 Borders, Heights and Widths
- Making and Saving Selections in Adobe Illustrator
- Using HTML5 to Add Styles and Classes to Your Web Pages
- Adobe Premiere: How to Publish Your Video
- Screen Recording with Adobe Captivate
- Advanced Selectors used in jQuery
- How to Add and Play Social Media Sources Using Muse CC
- Final Cut Pro X: Editing Clips in the Timeline
- Using Symbols in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Optimize Your Files in Adobe Fireworks
- Using The Pen Tool and Other Special Effects Tools in Adobe Photoshop