Course Syllabus: Introduction to CSS
with CEU Certificate*
We show you how to position your elements, lay out your elements relative to your documents, and style your HTML using predefined CSS values. We introduce you to the common CSS styling that you'll need when you start off designing your pages. If you want to get to know CSS and website design, this course is meant for you, and it can be used by anyone who hasn't even seen one line of CSS code yet. We focus on the latest CSS 3 and HTML 5 standards, so you get the latest when coding your website pages instead of focusing on older code.
Lesson 1: Introduction to CSS: Why Use CSS?
Lesson 2: CSS Syntax
Lesson 3: HTML 5 and CSS
Lesson 4: Set Up Web Pages with CSS
Lesson 5: Styling Text, Font, and Properties
Lesson 6: Styling Page Backgrounds
Lesson 7: Styling Lists in CSS
Lesson 8: Using CSS Classes and IDs
Lesson 9: Using Borders and Height and Width CSS Properties
Lesson 10: CSS Pseudo Elements
Lesson 11: Positioning Elements
Lesson 12: Validating CSS and HTML
No additional course materials required to complete this course.
A brief 10 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better.
- About The Latest Versions of HTML5 and CSS
- How to Style CSS Lists
- Styling Text, Font, and Properties in CSS Designs
- How to Create and Style CSS3 Borders, Heights and Widths
- CSS Explained in Layman's Terms
- How to Import Media and Audio into Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Premiere: How to Use the Timeline Effectively
- Getting Started with Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Premiere Pro: The Basics
- How to Use Final Cut Pro X to Organize Media
- How to Paint in Adobe Photoshop
- An Introduction to C# Programming Language
- Using Keyframes to Create Advanced Effects in Final Cut Pro X
- Making and Saving Selections in Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Captivate Tools Pointer Paths, Highlight Buttons, and More