Course Syllabus: Introduction to CSS
with CEU Certificate*
We show you how to position your elements, lay out your elements relative to your documents, and style your HTML using predefined CSS values. We introduce you to the common CSS styling that you'll need when you start off designing your pages. If you want to get to know CSS and website design, this course is meant for you, and it can be used by anyone who hasn't even seen one line of CSS code yet. We focus on the latest CSS 3 and HTML 5 standards, so you get the latest when coding your website pages instead of focusing on older code.
Lesson 1: Introduction to CSS: Why Use CSS?
Lesson 2: CSS Syntax
Lesson 3: HTML 5 and CSS
Lesson 4: Set Up Web Pages with CSS
Lesson 5: Styling Text, Font, and Properties
Lesson 6: Styling Page Backgrounds
Lesson 7: Styling Lists in CSS
Lesson 8: Using CSS Classes and IDs
Lesson 9: Using Borders and Height and Width CSS Properties
Lesson 10: CSS Pseudo Elements
Lesson 11: Positioning Elements
Lesson 12: Validating CSS and HTML
No additional course materials required to complete this course.
A brief 10 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better.
- How to Position Elements in CSS
- CSS Explained in Layman's Terms
- Styling Text, Font, and Properties in CSS Designs
- How to Create and Style CSS3 Borders, Heights and Widths
- How to Style CSS Lists
- How to Start a Final Cut Pro X Project
- Adobe Captivate Tools Pointer Paths, Highlight Buttons, and More
- How to Use Methods in C# Programming
- How to Add and Play Social Media Sources Using Muse CC
- What are Transactions in SQL?
- Performance Tuning and Configurations for your MySQL Server
- How to Create VIEWs in SQL
- How to Work with Images and Shapes Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Premiere: What is the Timeline?
- Adobe After Effects: Animation Techniques