Course Syllabus: Aging and Long Term Care 101
with CEU Certificate*
This course describes the aging process, risks to senior's health, and how to stay healthy no matter if you are 65 or 105.
You will gain understanding of and respect for seniors, and explode some myths about the aging brain.
Types of long-term care will be defined, and payment methods, including the CLASS Act federal funding plan.
You will also learn to protect yourself from burnout when caring for aging parents or your spouse.
Lesson 1: The 'New Old' Generation In Aging and Long Term Care -Challenges & Reasons for Optimism
Lesson 2: Types of Care and Services for Seniors
Lesson 3: The Psychology of Aging
Lesson 4: Physical Health - Unique Needs and Challenges for seniors
Lesson 5: ALTC Challenges in Maintaining Quality Care and Services: Naming the Problems, Exploring Solutions
Lesson 6: Volunteer Care Givers - Issues for Family and Others Who Donate Elder Care
Lesson 7: The Rights of Elders and Consumers of ALTC Services
Lesson 8: Legal Matters of the Aged and Terminally Ill
Lesson 9: Paying for Aging and Long Term Care
Lesson 10: The Social Imperative - Invaluable Social Ties Lead to Healthy Aging and Longevity
Lesson 11: Course Review and Resources for More information on Aging and Long Term Care
Grading Policy- Each lesson is followed by an end of the lesson quiz and assignment which will review what is covered in the lesson. Several lessons will also be associated with a related assignment.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||12|
|Lesson 2 Exam||13|
|Lesson 3 Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam||8|
|Lesson 6 Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 7 Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 10 Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||49|
- A Closer Look at the Physical Health of Seniors
- Financial and Legal Matters Facing the Elderly
- A Closer Look at Aging (The Psycholigical Factors)
- Obstacles Faced by the Volunteer Care Givers
- Obstacles and Optimism in the Aging Industry
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (Chapter 1) and Neoplasms (Chapter 2)
- Proper Methods of Informing Patients of HIPAA Compliance
- ICD-10-PCS Coding in the Medical and Surgical-Related Subsection
- Job Overview: Medical Office IT Administration
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (Chapter 13) and Diseases of the Genitourinary System (Chapter 14)
- Prevention of a Concussion
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Disease of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders involving the Immune Mechanism (Chapter 3) and Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (Chapter 4)
- What Is Protected Health Information (PHI)?
- A Career as a Medical Coder
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa (Chapter 7) and Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process (Chapter 8)