Course Syllabus: Aging and Long Term Care 101
with CEU Certificate*
This course describes the aging process, risks to senior's health, and how to stay healthy no matter if you are 65 or 105.
You will gain understanding of and respect for seniors, and explode some myths about the aging brain.
Types of long-term care will be defined, and payment methods, including the CLASS Act federal funding plan.
You will also learn to protect yourself from burnout when caring for aging parents or your spouse.
Lesson 1: The 'New Old' Generation In Aging and Long Term Care -Challenges & Reasons for Optimism
Lesson 2: Types of Care and Services for Seniors
Lesson 3: The Psychology of Aging
Lesson 4: Physical Health - Unique Needs and Challenges for seniors
Lesson 5: ALTC Challenges in Maintaining Quality Care and Services: Naming the Problems, Exploring Solutions
Lesson 6: Volunteer Care Givers - Issues for Family and Others Who Donate Elder Care
Lesson 7: The Rights of Elders and Consumers of ALTC Services
Lesson 8: Legal Matters of the Aged and Terminally Ill
Lesson 9: Paying for Aging and Long Term Care
Lesson 10: The Social Imperative - Invaluable Social Ties Lead to Healthy Aging and Longevity
Lesson 11: Course Review and Resources for More information on Aging and Long Term Care
Grading Policy- Each lesson is followed by an end of the lesson quiz and assignment which will review what is covered in the lesson. Several lessons will also be associated with a related assignment.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||12|
|Lesson 2 Exam||13|
|Lesson 3 Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 7 Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 10 Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||49|
- Obstacles Faced by the Volunteer Care Givers
- Obstacles and Optimism in the Aging Industry
- A Closer Look at Aging (The Psycholigical Factors)
- Financial and Legal Matters Facing the Elderly
- A Closer Look at the Physical Health of Seniors
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (Chapter 1) and Neoplasms (Chapter 2)
- Additional Resources on Concussions
- Job Overview: Medical Office IT Administration
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Injury, Poisoning, and Certain other Consequences of External Causes (Chapter 19)
- A Career as a Medical Assistant
- What Is Protected Health Information (PHI)?
- The Future of Healthcare Jobs
- Understanding the Digestive System
- Proper Methods of Informing Patients of HIPAA Compliance