Online Class: PowerPoint 2019
- Navigate the PowerPoint interface
- Create new presentations from scratch – or by using beautiful templates
- Add text, pictures, sounds, movies, and charts to your presentations
- Format the objects that you add to your presentations
- Design slides using themes, colors, and special effects
- Animate objects on slides to bring them to life.
- Add special effects to slide transitions to spice up your presentations
- Work with Master Slides to make editing your presentation easy
- Set up slide shows and rehearse timings for your slides
- Collaborate easier than before using PowerPoint
- And much more!
The first part of the course focuses on working with slides and the ways that users can create and customize layouts. Objects make up the content seen in a slideshow presentation, so we cover step-by-step how to add and edit text, images, shapes, diagrams, graphs and charts. These objects are common in PowerPoint presentations, so they will make up a majority of your slides.
We'll then show you how to add these objects and customize them using themes and colors. Charts and tables display information to viewers, and we will show you how to set up these objects to accurately convey numbers and data to potentials customers.
We also explore themes, so that you can stylize your layouts and objects. Themes contain predesigned color schemes, but you can also create your own themes that match your preferences. In additional, we'll learn about styles, transitions and animations. For example, we'll cover the ways that you can animate your presentations to make them more appealing to your audience.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2019This first lesson will begin with looking at the new tools and set up of PowerPoint 2019.
Lesson 2: Introduction to PresentationsThis lesson will focus on the make up of Presentations and slideshows.
Lesson 3: Applying Themes and Layouts to SlidesPowerPoint has pre-made themes available, so if you don't have a creative touch for your presentations, you can take advantage of the images and color themes available in the application
Lesson 4: Working with ObjectsThis lesson will focus on working with objects to enhance your presentations.
Lesson 5: Entering, Editing, and Formatting TextThis lesson will focus on the use of text in a PowerPoint presentation.
Lesson 6: Outline View and Proofing PresentationsPowerPoint has several views that you can use to change the way you review and proofread slideshows.
Lesson 7: Adding and Reading NotesAs you create slides, you might need to make notes that annotate slides or show you some information that you need as you present to viewers. This lesson will demonstrate how to use this tool.
Lesson 8: Inserting Pictures, Graphics, Shapes, and Other ThingsTo create effective slides, you need to add a few images, graphics or shapes. This lesson will focus on how to insert these elements.
Lesson 9: Inserting Tables into PresentationsPowerPoint has its own small table ability similar Excel. It does not have all the in-depth features that you can use in Excel, but PowerPoint tables can be used to show small sets of data within a slide.
Lesson 10: ChartsPowerPoint charts can be simple bar charts or complex area and line charts. This lesson will demonstrate how to insert and display this tool.
Lesson 11: Adding Sound and VideoOne addition to PowerPoint that distinguishes it from other Office applications is its ability to host sound and video. While your slides display on the screen, sound or video can help improve the way you represent your message to viewers.
Lesson 12: Adding Transitions and AnimationThis lesson will demonstrate how to add Transitions and Animations to your PowerPoint presentations.
Lesson 13: Working with Master SlidesMaster slides save your theme configurations, fonts, styles, and common objects that you add to each presentation.
Lesson 14: Working with SmartArtIt's common to have workflows and diagrams in a presentation. PowerPoint refers to these illustrations as 'SmartArt.'
Lesson 15: Printing, Sharing, and Exporting SlidesAfter you complete a presentation, you might want to print, share, export or simply review slides before your display them to an audience.
- Describe what presentation software can do what the capabilities of MS PowerPoint are.
- Demonstrate applying themes and layouts to slides.
- Demonstrate working with objects.
- Demonstrate entering, editing, and formatting text.
- Demonstrate adding and reading notes.
- Demonstrate inserting pictures, graphics, shapes, and other things.
- Demonstrate creating and using charts in your presentations.
- Demonstrate adding sound and video.
- Demonstrate adding transitions and animation.
- Demonstrate working with Master Slides.
- Demonstrate working with SmartArt.
- Demonstrate printing, sharing, and exporting slides.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I thought the course was very informative and detailed, but not so much that a person not familiar with PowerPoint would be totally lost." -- Lawerence R.
- "This course was very helpful. I have not used power point in many years and these lessons were a good review on how it works." -- Leila J.
- "In the little knowledge of PowerPoint that I had, I jumped at the opportunity to look more into presentation and slideshow software. And this course was just the thing I needed to learn more of even the basic features, as well as the advanced features I was a complete novice at. The course was very helpful and included everything that I needed to move from more than just a novice, to making good use of PowerPoint both personally and professionally." -- Jadah N.
- "I really enjoyed taking this course and learning how to make presentation with PowerPoint. I feel that I learned a lot from this class and can do something with it in my future." -- Rose G.
- "I thought this course was excellent - very informative and interesting - I feel confident that I will be capable of creating presentations in the future, using what I have learned from this excellent course." -- Anne D.
- "Very helpful! I have a better understanding of PowerPoint." -- Amy M.
- "I enjoyed the course and the speed in which test results and comments were delivered." -- Melissa B.
- "First time taking this course and it was very helpful. Thank you so much." -- Eveline G.
- "It was very helpful. Thank you." -- Pamela T.
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs OS X Yosemite + More Info
- 16 hours 1.6 CEUs Advanced Excel 2019 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Visio 2019 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs SalesForce 101 + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Slack + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Google Docs + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Goal Setting 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Publisher 2019 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Goal Setting for Business + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Microsoft Project 2019 + More Info
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Python Programming 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 3 - Living and Working Online + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Social Media Marketing: An Introduction + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Microsoft Access 2019 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Cybersecurity 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Sheets + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Windows 10 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs PowerPoint 2021 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Slides + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 2 - Internet Basics + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks Online + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 1 - Computer Basics + More Info