Online Class: Chakras 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Course DescriptionJust what is a chakra? You may have heard the term in a yoga class or seen a chakra massage on your local spa's menu of services, but where did the idea of chakras originate and what associations can be found between chakras and our feelings of health and well-being? What is the connection between chakras and spirituality? How can understanding chakras help to illuminate alternative ways of remedying stress and ailments, and how are chakras integrated into other fields of study?
In Chakras For Beginners, you will learn the answers to all of the questions above, as well as information on a variety of related topics including:
- Color and Light Therapy
- Crystal Therapy
- Tantric Sex
- Serpent Power
- Foods To Nurture Your Energy Centers
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils
This course will address all of the questions above in 11 easy to follow lessons, and also provide additional resources for continued study. The lessons will be designed for anyone interested in health and vitality, meditation or religious study. All of these aspects will be incorporated into the class, and review questions will be provided to ensure comprehension of the most important points.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Introduction and Fundamental ConceptsThis course provides a solid foundation for your study of the body's energy centers.
Lesson 2: The Seven Primary ChakrasWe are ready to begin our exploration of each individual chakra.
Lesson 3: Chakras and the Hindu TraditionThe idea of chakras originated in the Hindu traditions of ancient India.
Lesson 4: Western Philosophers and the New Age MovementThis lesson will familiarize you with the authors and philosophers most influential in bringing chakra theory to western society.
Lesson 5: Chakras and HealthMuch of western society's interest in the Chakra system stems from a desire to enhance their health and well-being, and this is reflected in the multitude of materials available on the subject.
Lesson 6: The Chakra System and SexualityThe Svadhisthana, or sacral chakra, is the energy center most connected with our sexuality. In this lesson we'll explore the Sacral chakra in greater depth.
Lesson 7: Chakras and YogaThe word yoga refers to a group of spiritual practices originating in India.
Lesson 8: Chakras, Meditation and Higher ConsciousnessMeditation is considered a key component of the yogic tradition, and is essential to chakra balancing and the journey toward higher consciousness.
Lesson 9: Other Therapeutic Practices for the ChakrasThis lesson will introduce you to a number of practices of various origins thought to assist in chakra balancing.
Lesson 10: Minor ChakrasMost chakra theorists agree on the existence of minor, or secondary chakras that, like the major chakras, receive and discharge energy to the keep the psycho-spiritual and physical bodies in alignment.
Lesson 11: Gurus, Retreats and PilgrimagesThose interested in immersing themselves in the study of chakras and tantricism have a wealth of options open to them.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Summarize the seven primary chakras.
- Summarize chakras and the Hindu tradition.
- Describe Western Philosophers understanding of chakras.
- Summarize chakras healing power.
- Summarize the benefits of chakras in sexuality.
- Describe how chakras can be used in Yoga.
- Describe the processes involved in chakra meditation.
- Summarize the minor chakras, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment - The Evolution of Yoga||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||80|
|Lesson 2 Assignment - Effects||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||85|
|Lesson 3 Assignment - The Hindu Trinity||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||80|
|Lesson 4 Assignment - Understanding the New Age Movement||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||75|
|Lesson 5 Assignment - Developing a Chakras Diet Plan||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||85|
|Lesson 6 Assignment - Establishing Rituals||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||70|
|Lesson 7 Assignment - Choosing a Yoga Style||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||80|
|Lesson 8 Assignment - Discovering Meditation||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||75|
|Lesson 9 Assignment - Evaluating Therapeutic Practices||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||85|
|Lesson 10 Assignment - Minor Chakras||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||80|
|Lesson 11 Assignment -||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||75|
|The Final Exam||Exam||275|
- "The instructor has a nice way of organizing the material is such a way that the knowledge unfolds." -- Cathy T.
- "It was extremely helpful and well organized in my opinion...This course was so exciting to take, once I was able to get on the Internet I had a hard time keeping away from it!" -- Kalynn F.