SEO is a term you see a lot, especially if you are a freelance writer, or if you are contemplating becoming a freelance writer. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and is, simply put, the way to get your content found on the Web. When advertisers, bloggers, or marketers of any kind want customers, or those simply surfing the Internet, to find their copy and read it, they need it optimized for search engines.
When your copy is SEO, it is visible in Web searches, no matter if your reader is searching via Bing, Google, or Epic Search, among others. Additionally, having your content correctly optimized gets you higher results on Google or any other search engine. (Did you know there are actually more than 100 search engines out there?) As everyone can probably confirm, when we do a Google search, we tend to choose results from the top of the page, and we rarely go beyond the first page. (Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.)
In this class, we will equip you with the skills to take on those SEO writing jobs, so you will not have to worry over a client's instructions, or wonder what language they are in. You will speak SEO!
Lesson 1: What, Exactly, is SEO Copywriting?
Lesson 2: Putting SEO into Practice
Lesson 3: White Hat SEO versus Black Hat SEO Practices--What are they?
Lesson 4: Keyword Density
Lesson 5: Yes, Blog Posts Need SEO, Too
Lesson 6: Becoming an SEO Copywriter
Lesson 7: Remember, You are the Expert
Lesson 8: Web Page Optimization
Lesson 9: Using the Inverted Pyramid in SEO
Lesson 10: A Summary
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1 Exam||5|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 2 Exam||5|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 3 Exam||5|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 4 Exam||5|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 5 Exam||5|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 6 Exam||5|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 7 Exam||4|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 8 Exam||4|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 9 Exam||5|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||100|
- How to Be an SEO Expert Writer
- Examining White Hat SEO vs Black Hat SEO Practices
- What is SEO Copywriting?
- How to Optimize Your Blog Posts for Search Engines and Readers - SEO Primer
- Understanding the Different Types of Case Studies
- Working as a Copywriter
- How to Create the Appropriate Tone in Business Communications
- Best Practices for Writing Successful Business Emails
- Producing Effective Writing
- Locating Newsworthy Stories in the Real World
- The Benefits of Strategic Planning
- Is a career in technical writing for you?
- Journalism Skills - Interviewing and Note Taking
- Understanding Printed Marketing Collateral as a Copywriter