Course Syllabus: SEO Copywriting
with CEU Certificate*
SEO is a term you see a lot, especially if you are a freelance writer, or if you are contemplating becoming a freelance writer. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and is, simply put, the way to get your content found on the Web. When advertisers, bloggers, or marketers of any kind want customers, or those simply surfing the Internet, to find their copy and read it, they need it optimized for search engines.
When your copy is SEO, it is visible in Web searches, no matter if your reader is searching via Bing, Google, or Epic Search, among others. Additionally, having your content correctly optimized gets you higher results on Google or any other search engine. (Did you know there are actually more than 100 search engines out there?) As everyone can probably confirm, when we do a Google search, we tend to choose results from the top of the page, and we rarely go beyond the first page. (Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.)
In this class, we will equip you with the skills to take on those SEO writing jobs, so you will not have to worry over a client's instructions, or wonder what language they are in. You will speak SEO!
Lesson 1: What, Exactly, is SEO Copywriting?
Lesson 2: Putting SEO into Practice
Lesson 3: White Hat SEO versus Black Hat SEO Practices--What are they?
Lesson 4: Keyword Density
Lesson 5: Yes, Blog Posts Need SEO, Too
Lesson 6: Becoming an SEO Copywriter
Lesson 7: Remember, You are the Expert
Lesson 8: Web Page Optimization
Lesson 9: Using the Inverted Pyramid in SEO
Lesson 10: A Summary
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1 Exam||5|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 2 Exam||5|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 3 Exam||5|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 4 Exam||5|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 5 Exam||5|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 6 Exam||5|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 7 Exam||4|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 8 Exam||4|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||100|
|Lesson 9 Exam||5|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||100|
- How to Be an SEO Expert Writer
- What is SEO Copywriting?
- Examining White Hat SEO vs Black Hat SEO Practices
- How to Optimize Your Blog Posts for Search Engines and Readers - SEO Primer
- Business Writing Tips
- Developing Good Project Management Skills as a Technical Writer
- Understanding Communication and the Self
- How to Recognize and Develop Your Own Email Writing Style
- How to Proofread and Edit Your Business Writing
- Writing Improvement: Proportion Your Writing Details for Impact
- Journalism Types: Expository Writing
- What Makes Good Business Writing?
- Vetting Tactics, Tools and Resources in Strategic Planning
- How to Write an Effective Business Memo