Online Class: Excel 2019
Excel 2019 is the latest iteration of the popular spreadsheet software developed by Microsoft. Excel allows users to create rich, stylized spreadsheets used for storing, organizing, sorting, calculating, and charting data. With Excel, you can create visually appealing content that represents your data. Before you start using Excel though, you should first learn what all the features Excel offers are and how to use them, so that your spreadsheets are built correctly the first time.
- Create spreadsheets
- Format cells, rows, columns, and entire worksheets so they fit and match your data
- Enter data into a spreadsheet
- Use formulas and functions for math, accounting, and totaling
- Create formulas and functions
- Calculate data
- Create charts and diagrams for your data
- Create data lists and forms
- Create and use pivot tables and pivot charts
- Work with Excel templates
- Share and protect your worksheets and workbooks
- Use What-If Analysis to determine possible outcomes
- And much more!
Nowadays, your Excel spreadsheet should include at least one chart, so we have step-by-step tutorials on charting, graphics, and using images. All these added components help make spreadsheets more visually appealing. We also review ways to use common functions as well as sort and filter data, so you can view large data sets in chronological, alphabetical or numerical order.
Lesson 1 - Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019This first lesson will provide an introduction to this program and review the course structure.
Lesson 2 - Worksheets, Workbooks and Entering Data in Excel 2019In this lesson we will begin the process of working with worksheets and workbooks as well as entering and editing data.
Lesson 3 - Formatting Cells and DataThis lesson will explore and provide detailed examples of the process of Formatting Cell Data.
Lesson 4 - Editing Worksheets and CellsThis lesson will demonstrate how to alter and adjust data in cells.
Lesson 5 - Formulas and CalculationsThis lesson provides comprehensive instruction on using Excel formulas, functions, and performing calculations.
Lesson 6 - Creating a What-If AnalysisThis lesson will show you how to use a What-If Analysis
Lesson 7 - Adding Images and GraphicsThis lesson will demonstrate how to add images and other graphics to your excel project.
Lesson 8 - Charts and DiagramsHow to make use of charts and diagrams will be examined in this lesson.
Lesson 9 - Creating Data Lists and Managing DataThis lesson will demonstrate the process of creating data lists
Lesson 10 - Pivot Tables and ChartsThis lesson will review Pivot Tables and Carts used in this version of Excel.
Lesson 11 - Templates and MacrosThis lesson covers some of the useful templates and the application of Macros available in Microsoft Excel 2019.
Lesson 12 - Retrieving External DataThis lesson covers some ways that you can transfer data from Microsoft Access and import it to Excel. We also show how to connect to an Access database directly to query data from Excel.
Lesson 13 - Sorting and FilteringIn this lesson, you'll learn how to sort Excel table data based on a condition and format cells based on conditional statements to make them stand out among other cells.
Lesson 14 - Common Useful FunctionsThis lesson covers some of the other useful functions that you might need should you create your own spreadsheets or work with financial and statistical spreadsheets.
Lesson 15 - Introduction to VBAVBA can get complicated, but knowing how to create basic code and functionality can improve your spreadsheet's usefulness and automate certain activity that would take hours of time.
- Describe what a spreadsheet is and what Excel's capabilities are.
- Demonstrate working with worksheets, workbooks and entering data in Excel.
- Demonstrate formatting cells and data.
- Demonstrate using formulas and calculations in Excel.
- Demonstrate creating and using What-If Analysis tool.
- Demonstrate adding images and graphics.
- Demonstrate creating charts and diagrams.
- Demonstrate creating data lists and managing data.
- Demonstrate creating and using Pivot Tables and Charts.
- Describe techniques for sorting and filtering data.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "This course was very informative and I learned so much and I am lot more comfortable using Microsoft Excel." -- Rachel S.
- "I thought I knew a lot about Excel until taking this course. I learned so many fun and new things. I can't wait to get creating!" -- Erica J.
- "I felt this course was very helpful for me. Not knowing anything about excel before starting the course, I feel I have a much better understanding of its functions and capabilities now. I also feel a much greater confidence in applying knowledge of this program within my skills and experience." -- Tess H.
- "I thought this course was beneficial. I never used Excel for much more than adding and subtracting. However, I have a great new understanding of the possibilities of this program now. I have done a cool project using Excel since starting this class and am interested in going further. Thank you." -- Daryl S.
- "Taking the Microsoft Excel course was something that was long overdue, and this course in particular met my needs and expectations. It was helpful in learning basic actions more thoroughly, as well as more newfound advanced features I was eager to comprehend. The theme of each lessons were explained well and I am looking forward to putting my knowledge of Excel to good use." -- Jadah N.
- "This course was very helpful and easy to follow. I hope that I can use these skills to help me get some freelance work in Data Entry." -- Carrima H.
- "Thoroughly enjoyed the course, feel like I gained a lot of knowledge and that I am better prepared to use Excel in my work." -- Claire S.
- "This was more than I needed for what I do but I loved learning all the added features. Nice to put on your resume that you are familiar with the concepts." -- Crystle S.
- "This course was very helpful and informative; so much so that I will be taking the Advanced Excel court in the near future." -- Antoinette M.
- "It was very helpful. Some lessons were just a refresher and some were on topics I knew nothing about." -- Lindsey S.
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks Online + More Info
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Introduction to SQL + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Publisher 2021 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Learn HTML - Create Webpages Using HTML5 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 3 - Living and Working Online + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Windows 10 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 2 - Internet Basics + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Visio 2021 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Slides + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs MySQL + More Info
- 16 hours 1.6 CEUs Advanced Excel 2019 + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Slack + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs SalesForce 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Microsoft Access 2019 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Google Docs + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Excel 2021 + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Microsoft Project 2021 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 1 - Computer Basics + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Outlook 2021 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Cybersecurity 101 + More Info