Domestic violence, sometimes called domestic abuse, is reaching epidemic proportions and affects men, women and children of all races and social and economic levels. In order to stem the tide of domestic abuse we have to not only stop the abuse and protect the victims, we also have to understand what triggers the abuse so that the next generation of families can learn to live abuse-free.
Course topics will include:
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Who are the Victims?
- Recognizing the Signs of Domestic Violence
- Why Victims Stay with Abusers
- How You Can Help Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Legal Issues such as: PFA's and PRO's
- What the police and courts can and can't do
- Handling divorce and custody issues
- How to Keep Safe such as: Safety Measures for yourself and your children
- Escape plans in case you need to flee
- Understanding who to turn to in an emergency
- The After-Effects of Domestic Abuse
- Moving On: Relationships After Abuse
- The fall-out for families
- Steps to take for success
- Helping Domestic Abuse Survivors
- Stopping the Cycle of Abuse
- Stopping Abuse Forever
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define domestic violence.
- Recognize signs of domestic violence.
- Describe the reasons why victims stay with abusers.
- Describe ways you can help victims of domestic abuse.
- Summarize the legal issues involved with domestic violence.
- Describe methods for keeping safe from domestic abuse.
- Describe the after-effects of domestic abuse.
- Summarize methods for helping domestic abuse survivors with life after abuse.
- Describe methods for stopping the cycle of abuse.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam: What is Domestic Violence?||140 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Recognizing the Signs of Domestic Violence||150 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Why Victims Stay with Abusers||150 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam: How You Can Help Victims of Domestic Abuse||140 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Legal Issues||160 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Keeping Safe||141 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam: The After-Effects of Domestic Abuse||150 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Moving On: Relationships After Abuse||150 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Helping Domestic Abuse Survivors||140 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Stopping the Cycle of Abuse||140 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Stopping Abuse Forever||150 points|
|The Final Exam||52 points|
Basic Parenting 101
Substance Abuse Awareness Courses
Abnormal Psychology 101
Learning about Employee Substance Abuse
An Examination of the Relationship between Substance Abuse and the Workforce
Importance of Teaching Active Listening to Children in Self-Esteem
Building Self Esteem
Understanding Sexual Harassment Legal Proceedings
Positive Parenting Techniques
Personality and Emotional Intelligence
Drug Effects of Hallucinogens Abuse in the Workplace