All collectors start somewhere. It begins somehow, usually with an interest developed early on as a child. Almost mystically, the collection begins. Eventually, there comes a time when the collector desires to sell an antique or collectible, perhaps because it is a duplicate or to make room for another object.
Successful collectors learn what sells, and what to buy in order to sell later. Many of the most profitable collectors and dealers learn the principals necessary to trade, barter, acquire and sell both antiques and collectibles. They avoid expensive mistakes and missteps. They use knowledge as their best tool to acquire items for their collections or resale.
This course will present many strategies and concepts to prepare you for the path of becoming a successful buyer and seller of antiques and collectibles.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe starting an antique collection.
- Summarize the history of antiquing.
- Describe what types of antiques to buy.
- Determine collectibles versus just plain old stuff.
- Describe searching for profitable antiques.
- Summarize methods for detecting fakes.
- Summarize setting the value.
- Determine buying from antique dealers.
- Describe antique glassware, furniture, and other items.
- Describe care and preservation of antiques.
- Describe protecting your investment.
- Summarize research methods to learn more about your collections.
- Summarize where to sell antiques.
- Describe how to sell antiques.
- Summarize the process and expectations for selling to dealers.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 14 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 15 Exam||8 points|
|The Final Exam||66 points|