Course Syllabus: Team Management
with CEU Certificate*
Team Management Is --
Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose
"No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it." (Andrew Carnegie)
‘Managing' used to be just telling people what to do and getting merchandise out but time marched on -- workplace conditions changed, and changed again -- and workplace complications paralleled the pace of the changes.
Today's working world requires much more of the average supervisor or manager than simply setting goals, backed up by ultimatums. Managers need to be team leaders; to understand and accommodate their employee's different working styles and personalities.
In a team oriented atmosphere, individuals contribute to the overall success of an organization while working with other team members to attain the objectives of the team and organization as a whole.
Their power being in the fact that a team is not just a collection of individuals, it is so much more -- the total being far greater than the sum of its parts. A properly developed and trained team synergistically harnesses its individual members' talents, experience and energies.
It really is the together part though that does it for a team,i.e. with them 1 plus 1 equals 3, 4, 5 or more!.
R Teams intensify focus on the task at hand
R Teams do work that ordinary workgroups can't do.
R Teams make better use of resources, they are a way for an organization to focus its most important resource, its brainpower, directly on problems.
R Teams mean improved production – as they straddle all the functions contributing to a process teams naturally have a better of the steps necessary to improve production.
The Team Management in Business course is insightful, giving you an discerning view of this most fascinating of subjects.
- Lesson 1: Where Does It All Start & Why Are Teams Necessary?
- Lesson 2 : What Does It Mean To Really Listen?
- Lesson 3 : Developing & Implementing Common Values, Goals & Vision -- Makes For A Tremendous & Effective Team!
- Lesson 4 : Motivation -- Triggering Other People
- Lesson 5 : Delegating With Confidence
- Lesson 6 : Problem Creators aka Human Liabilities!
- Lesson 7 : Team Dynamics
- Lesson 8 : Transforming Groups Into Teams
- Lesson 9 : The Formula For Peak Performance
- Lesson 10 : Making The Time
- Lesson 11 : Crisis Resolution &/Or Control
|Lesson One Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1 : Where Does It All Start & Why Are Teams Necessary?||7|
|Lesson 2 : What Does It Mean To Really Listen?||8|
|Lesson Three Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3 : Developing & Implementing Common Values, Gaols & Vision -- Makes For A Tremendous & Effec||10|
|Lesson Four Assignment||5|
|Lesson 4 : Motivation and Triggering Other People||9|
|Lesson 5 : Delegating With Confidence||10|
|Lesson Six Assignment||5|
|Lesson 6 : Problem Creators aka Human Liabilities!||9|
|Lesson 7 : Team Dynamics||7|
|Lesson Eight Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 : Transforming Groups Into Teams||10|
|Lesson Nine Assignment||5|
|Lesson 9 : The Formula for Peak Performance||10|
|Lesson 10 : Making The Time||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: The Best Techniques I Would Use||2|
|Lesson 11 : Crisis Resolution/Control||10|
|The Final Exam||70|
- Human Resources: Compensation and Benefits
- Creating Projects with Time Management Measures
- Communication Alternatives in Conflict Resolution
- Employment Law: Dealing With Employment Taxes
- Handling Your Company's Online Profile in Internet Marketing
- Different Communication Styles
- Human Resources: Handling Layoffs and Employee Cuts
- The Process of Preparing for a Hearing, Mediation, and Other Litigation Matters for a Workers Compensation Case
- Expanding Your Internet Marketing
- Grant Writing: How to Create Doable Action Plans with Achievable Timelines