Sexual harassment is a hot topic in today's world--both in the corporate arena and in the personal arena. In this online class we will explore the concept of sexual harassment and look at solutions. Most of the ideas here will be directed toward the corporate arena, however many of the definitions and concepts apply equally to both arenas.
Be aware that many aspects of the rules and concepts governing sexual harassment are part of law. That means they must be respected and followed, but it also means that they are changing--constantly. Any sub-topic within the legal field is part of a living code, that means the code has been set out but is always being refined, talked about, tested, renewed, and sometimes discarded. Fifty years ago, online sexual harassment wasn't an issue; today it is. So be aware that this course is not going to replace solid legal council in the area of sexual harassment. Instead, this course will be a guideline to help you understand and end sexual harassment in the workplace. To that end, we'll provide practical advice, suggestions, and ideas on how to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace, and moreover, we'll go into the necessary procedures/guidelines your personnel/HR department should have in place (and posted) in case there is an instance of sexual harassment.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Assess problem situations and preventing sexual harassment.
- Respond effectively to sexual harassment (recognizing and reporting incidents).
- Summarize the law and sexual harassment, both on state and federal levels.
- Design and implement policies and procedures to identity and prevent sexual harassment.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduce Yourself||2 points|
|Lesson 1 Quiz||9 points|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||8 points|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||8 points|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||8 points|