with CEU Certificate
The field of cryptozoology is considered a true science by some and by others it ranks somewhere in between UFOlogy and paranormal research. Our goal with this course is to provide students with the most accurate and factual information available, presenting it in an unbiased format so that students can decide for themselves if each cryptid (a creature of cryptozoology) is real, a myth, a hoax or a misidentified animal.
The course begins by introducing students to cryptozoology and examining the true definition of this interesting field of research. While many who are unfamiliar with the field may dismiss it as "ridiculous", there is a scientific basis for its merit, including the discovery and capture of animals that were once thought only to be of myth and legend, like the platypus, for instance.
Section two of the course focuses on the most popular cryptid of all time: Bigfoot. This huge, hair-covered creature has mystified mankind for centuries. Students will be able to read intriguing stories of sightings, see still photographs of evidence and read what experts have to say about Bigfoot's identity.
The third part of this course focuses on other famous cryptids, including the Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabras, Mokele-Mbembe or "living dinosaurs", and Thunderbird. Each has its own cult-like following of believers intent on proving that their beloved creature does indeed exist.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What is Cryptozoology?In this section, you will learn about cryptozoology, cryptids and the basis for their study. This will include learning about some of the many zoologically-recognized animals that were once cryptids.
Lesson 2: The Foundations of CryptozoologyGiven past findings, cryptozoologists believe that the search for cryptids is not only meaningful, but is one of the most fruitful paths toward zoological discovery.
Lesson 3: Famous CryptozoologistsHere is a condensed list of some of most highly-regarded and dedicated researchers in cryptozoology.
Lesson 4: Existing Species That Were Once CryptidsHere is a list of animals now classified in zoology that were once thought to be just myths and legends.
Lesson 5: Living Species Previously Thought to be ExtinctHere is a partial list of animals that prove that there may indeed be many more animals waiting to be brought out of "extinction".
Lesson 6: What Keeps Unnamed Species Hidden?Many species may go unnoticed due to their environment and their biological makeup.
Lesson 7: Understanding BigfootIn this section, you will learn about the origin of Bigfoot and hear the stories that began the sensationalism that surrounds this creature today. The amount of sightings and evidence is massive, however, for this course we chose to focus on the informati
Lesson 8: Bigfoot EvidenceWhile no researcher has produced any skeletal remains of Bigfoot, there has been an incredible amount of evidence collected that points to the existence of Bigfoot.
Lesson 9: Sightings: Tales or Truths?The following lesson is a list of the most famous of Bigfoot sightings.
Lesson 10: Loch Ness Monster and Other Sea SerpentsThis section focuses on some of the most interesting, and equally mysterious, cryptids. For each creature, you'll find information on its origin, as well as theories, sightings and evidence to help prove or disprove its existence.
Lesson 11: ChupacabrasThis lesson discusses blood-sucking creatures and the notorious Chupacabra.
Lesson 12: Mokele-MbembeWhile these creatures are thought to spend most of their time underwater, they have been reportedly seen lifting their heads and necks up, crossing swamps and even tramping through the rainforests.
Lesson 13: ThunderbirdWhile there have been sightings of huge birds in various countries throughout the world, Thunderbirds are native to the United States.
Lesson 14: MothmanWhile it seems almost every region across the world has its own "local legend", this section focuses on those that have the biggest following and who have received the most amount of media attention. One thing is for sure, each makes for an interesting re
Lesson 15: Jersey DevilThe Jersey Devil is most often described as having the head of a horse, a long neck, skinny legs with hooves, and large bat-like wings.
Lesson 16: Dover DemonThree teenagers in Dover, Massachusetts claimed to each have a separate encounter with a creature that would later be dubbed the Dover Demon.
Lesson 17: Cryptozoology WebsitesAdditional Resources: Websites
|Course Title:||Cryptozoology 101|
|Languages:||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries|
|Grading Policy:||Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
|Duration:||Continuous: Enroll anytime!|
|Requirements:||View Technical Requirements|
|Course Fee:||Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certification)|
|with CEU Certification: $60.00|
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define cryptozoology.
- Summarize the origins of cryptozoology.
- Summarize the famous cryptozoologists.
- Summarize the existing species that were once cryptids.
- Summarize which species were previously thought to be extinct.
- Summarize what keeps unnamed species hidden.
- Describe what bigfoot is and compare and contract various evidence of its existence.
- Summarize the history of sightings and evidence of the Loch Ness Monster.
- Summarize the history of sightings and evidence of the Chupacabra, Mokele-Mbembe, Thunderbird, Mothman, Jersey Devil, and Dover Demon, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Overview of Cryptozoology||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Scientific Proof of Cryptozoology||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Famous Cryptozoologists||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Extinct Animals that are not Extinct||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Living Species that were Once Considered Extinct||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Hidden Species||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Big Foot and Sasquatch||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Proofs for Big Foot||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Big Foot Sightings||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Evidence of Loch Ness Monster||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Theories of Chupacabra||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12: Mokele-mbembe Theories||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13: Theories on Thunderbird||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14: Existence of Mothman||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15: Jersey Devil: Hoax or Real||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 16: Sightings of Dover Demon||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||10|
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Dog Psychology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Auras: Viewing, Identifying, and Understanding$65.001.2 CEUs
- Haunted Places 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Energy Healing$60.000.5 CEUs
- Astronomy 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Meteorology Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Cosmology 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- History of the Universe$65.001.2 CEUs
- UFO Studies$60.000.5 CEUs
- Chakras 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Chakra Clearing$60.001.1 CEUs
- Reiki 1st Degree$60.001.2 CEUs
- Self Hypnosis 101: Reshaping Your Reality$65.001.0 CEUs
- Metaphysics 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Chakra Meditation 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- The Runes$80.001.1 CEUs
- Angel Healing$60.001.1 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Crystal Therapy$65.001.1 CEUs
- Paranormal Investigations: Complete Edition$90.001.6 CEUs
- Magick Basics$55.000.9 CEUs
- Numerology 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Dog Training 101: A Guide for Beginners$60.001.2 CEUs
- Wicca 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Paranormal Investigation 201$65.001.1 CEUs
- Astrology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Dog & Cat First Aid, Care & Maintenance$60.001.1 CEUs
- Paranormal Investigation 101$55.000.6 CEUs