| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Credit governs everyone's lives. It is what allows people to buy a house, get a car, have a credit card and generally live a life they cannot really afford. Sadly, many people get into a debt spiral that soon goes out of control. They have trouble keeping their head above water, and soon they fall under as the weight of debt drags them down.
Thankfully, credit can be managed and all it takes is having the ability to change how one lives their life. By implementing the lessons explained in this course, an individual will be able to take their credit and repair it.
This is not to say that it will be easy. If anything, it will be very difficult to do. They will be struggling to keep their head above water, but as they persevere, they will be able to slowly fix their credit and get credit relief.
The statistics are staggering with how many people suffer from credit problems. Millions, with that number growing because of the economy, are actually using credit to keep their heads above water. This is a losing strategy that only results in them losing nearly everything they have as the water quickly pulls them under and the debt rock shows no signs of letting go.
There are many ways that a person can get rid of debt, and they are covered in this course. These include:
- Understanding Credit
- Understanding a credit score
- Understanding how credit is affected
- Understanding Credit Cards
- Understanding Foreclosure
- Understanding Bankruptcy
- Understanding the Debt to Income Ratio
- Understanding the Debt Spiral
- Finding Debt Counseling
- Finding Debt Consolidation
- Learning to live within one's means
- Learning how to budget
- Knowing how to stay on track
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Fixing Credit Errors
These must be done right, and cannot be rushed. To get out of debt and realize credit relief, one has to work hard to do so. This course will explain how to repair credit using the tips that have helped millions of other people raise their credit score hundreds of points through know-how and determination.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what credit is.
- Describe what a credit score is.
- Describe what affects your credit score.
- Define what a credit card is how that affects your credit score.
- Describe the foreclosure process and what it does to your credit report.
- Describe the bankruptcy process and how that affects your credit report.
- Define the Debt to Income Ratio.
- Summarize how people end up in a 'debt spiral'.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt counseling.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt consolidation.
- Summarize methods to live within your means.
- Create a budget.
- Request your credit reports.
- Summarize methods to correct errors on your credit reports, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: What Is Credit?What Is Credit?
Forms of Credit
Lesson 2: What Is A Credit Score?What Is A Credit Score?
How Is The Score Calculated?
Range of Scores
Lesson 3: How Is Your Credit Affected?How Is Your Credit Affected?
Applying For Credit
Lesson 4: Credit CardsCredit Cards
How Many Cards?
Lesson 5: ForeclosureLesson 5: Foreclosure
Lesson 6: BankruptcyLesson 6:Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy and Credit Score
Lesson 7: Debt-to-Income RatioLesson 7: Debt-to-Income Ratio
Why Does It Matter?
How Do You Lower It?
What Is The Best Ratio?
What Is The Worst Ratio?
Lesson 8: The Debt SpiralLesson 8: The Debt Spiral
Getting Out of the Spiral
Lesson 9: Debt CounselingLesson 9:Debt Counseling
A Brief History of Credit Counseling
A Good Choice?
Lesson 10: Debt ConsolidationLesson 10: Debt Consolidation
When To Get It
Loans Versus Debt Consolidation
Lesson 11: Living in Your MeansLesson 11: Living In Your Means
Credit Is Not Cash
Sell What Is Not Needed
Think About Purchases
Go for Lower Interest Rates
Lesson 12: BudgetingLesson 12: Budgeting
Making a Budget
Things That Can Ruin a Good Budget
What About Slip-Ups?
Lesson 13: Tips for Staying on TrackLesson 13: Tips for Staying on Track
Can it Be Done?
Lesson 14 : Credit ReportsLesson 14: Credit Reports
How Often to Check?
Who Provides Them?
How Many Use Credit Reports?
Advantages of Credit Reports
Lesson 15: Credit ErrorsLesson Fifteen: Credit Errors
How to Prevent Them
Fix the Errors
Keeping Detailed Records
How Much Can It Damage?
|Course Title ||: ||Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900102 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Financial Management and Services
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone is a course that covers the fundamentals of accounting with the newcomer in mind. Accounting is more than just memorizing terms and procedures; it's a whole new way of thinking about finances. This course assu...
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Time Management 101 Managing time effectively is fundamental to success. It also factors into achieving balance in our lives. Today, we're busier than ever--at work and at home. Having enough time for things that are important, things we want or need to do, or even to have ...
- Dealing With Difficult People Dealing with a difficult or toxic personality can be damaging both emotionally and physically, particularly if the person is your boss or sitting in the cubicle right next to you. Confronting those who compromise your comfort and job security can be very...
- Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties Have you ever wanted to be a landlord? This multi-faceted career can be challenging and rewarding both personally and financially. Our course provides a broad yet detailed examination of the many areas that a property manager must blend together to be su...
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals Administrative Assistant Fundamentals A clueless boss gives you a wide-open field. Learn what's important to your boss, understand what your company is looking for and help the fool meet those expectations. ( John Hoover) Oh how times, and peop...
- Payroll Management 101 There are many aspects that need to be covered when running a successful business. One of the most important aspects in any business is of course, payroll management. The members of the business involved in payroll management have unique responsibilities...
- Negotiation Skills In order to be effective at any business endeavor learning how to negotiate properly is not simply a nice skill to have, it has become an essential requirement in career advancement. This course will teach you what you need to know in order to become acc...
- Customer Service 101 Good customer service is not about satisfying the cu stomer, it is about wowing the customer! It's about making the customer walk in, do business, and walk out again absolutely stunned that their transaction was so enjoyable. Customer service is a ...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Listening Skills 101 Did you know that there is a difference in hearing and listening? There is! Have you ever been told that you just don't listen? Most people have at some point in their life, so you probably have experienced it as well. But the problem is that good listen...
- Investing 101: Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds This course will help you demystify the stock market and start making money! Everyone yes, everyone is sure to find something suitable in the stock market to invest in. It doesn't matter if you are looking for a very safe investment to protect your nes...
- Home Business Owning a home business can be one of the most rewarding career moves you will ever make. Not only do you get the freedom of answering only to yourself, but our increasingly Internet-savvy society makes reaching out to worldwide consumers easier than ever...
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing There you are, cold-calling yet another sales prospect. Your verbal pitch is pure gold; your prospect is attentive--interested--and seems ready to buy. But just as you're about to close the deal, you hear that eternal refrain: Send me something ...
- Personal Finance 101: How to Manage Your Money Imagine you're going on a trip…It sounds odd, but your journey to understanding, growing and maintaining personal finance starts with your imagination. That's not all it takes, but, by imagining, dreaming and believing, these intangibles will begin...
- Fundraising 101 Whether you are seeking to raise funds for your non-profit group, a worthy charity, political or religious organization, your local school or to provide community specific aid, this detailed course will provide you with everything you need to know about...
- ABCs of Technical Writing Technical writing is the art and science of translating technical information into readable, accessible writing usable by a wide audience. If you have ever read the user's manual for a piece of software or equipment you've purchased, you've seen technica...
- Freelance Writing 101 If you have ever dreamed of being a freelance writer this course is for you. Get started today learning about this exciting field and in no time you can be on your way to earning a living, extra income, and more, by doing something that you love – ...
- How to Write a Business Plan 101 Most CPAs will tell you that the number one mistake people make in starting a new business is that they fail to write a business plan. Without a written set of plans and directions, a new business will struggle on many levels. You may start out doing wel...
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101 This is a guide to the ins and outs of starting and maintaining a successful pet sitting and pet walking service. Pet sitting and pet walking businesses were almost unheard of a generation ago, but today they are in every major city and most towns. Tod...
- Internet Marketing Basics Today's business marketing efforts require an internet presence, an active campaign and a steady attention to the details of your company's internet marketing efforts. Don't let your company get left behind in the marketplace of ideas and sales. Universa...
- How to Start and Run an Online Business How to Start and Run an Online Business is an online course that is organized into 16 different sections to help you understand how to create an online business, even if you don't have any online business experience. From the basics of learning how to ...
- Travel Agent 101 Anyone interested in beginning a profession as a travel agent should first determine the type of skills, training and certification necessary to provide travel services for clients--whether you work at an established travel agency, as an independent cont...
- How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home For most of us, our home represents the largest portion of our assets. Trying to sell a house or apartment or condo in today's fast paced market, quickly and profitably, has the potential for turning anyone's world upside down. Knowing what is important...
- Concierge 101: How to Run a Personal Service Business Whether a full-time mom, a young business person or simply someone looking to build a growing and viable business, an errand service is ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Small upstart dollars, flexibility and a growing industry are just som...
- Economics 101 The average individual knows very little about economics and tends to believe whatever was seen or heard on television. However, we all contribute and are impacted by economic factors and need a basic understanding of how this works as economics becom...
- Business Analysis 101 How can you make a significant difference in your organization? One way is to be part of a project that improves the company's performance or launches it in a new direction. The business analyst (BA) plays a key role in the development and execution of ...
- Resume Writing 101 One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. The result is poorly-written res...
- Effective Presentations Speaking in front of a group of people is one of the most common fears people experience. In fact, it may be more feared than death...or even spiders . Yet being able to present ourselves, our companies, our ideas and products to others is one of the mos...
- Team Management 101 Team Management Is -- Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it. (Andrew Carnegie) 'Managing' used to be just tellin...
- Diversity Training 101 Diversity training is not a new concept, but one that many organizations have been implementing into their training programs. The idea is that when employees are exposed to a variety of different cultures, individuals with different sexual preferences an...
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most custome...
- Travel Writing 101 Travel writing is a fun, interesting and fulfilling career. If your goal is to become a full-time travel writer who is able to live off your income from writing alone, it is important to understand that travel writing, like any other career, requires you...
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101 Learn the basics of Employment Law , the potential pitfalls, and ways to keep yourself out of court so that you can grow your business by hiring, evaluating, and managing employees. This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to kno...
- Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself? This course offers a blend of the science and the art of persuasion...
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101 Public and Motivational speaking is often a cause for anxiety for millions of people, and it need not be. With the proper preparation, knowledge, and mindset, you can become an extremely effective public speaker. Public and motivational speakers are in...
- Economics: Complete Edition The purpose of this course is to equip you with a working understanding of economics and its myriad of business and personal applications. As such, we have crafted an easy-to-understand course comprised of economic's principle tenets while specifically h...
- Virtual Assistant 101 Today's businesses, both new and established, are desperately in need of administrative type assistance at an affordable rate. They need versatility in the services performed and flexibility in the way the services are performed. If you have a career as ...
- Budgeting and Saving 101 This course is designed to get you up to speed on the basics of business budgeting and cost cutting. You will be introduced to the different aspects of business financial tools and will have an essential primer to current business trends in cost cutting ...
- Marketing for Small Business 101 Marketing for the 21 st century small business is more dynamic and more challenging than ever before in the course of history. The world has simultaneously opened up and yet niched closed in many ways. Today's businesses are challenged by a couple of ...
- Estate Planning Estate planning was once a buzz phrase reserved only for the wealthy. However, today many people are beginning to realize that estate planning is important for everyone. Anyone who has assets, no matter how small or wants their medical wishes carried ou...
- General Secretary 101 If you've been thinking about becoming a secretary, you should know that times have changed. While the computer has replaced the typewriter, the secretary is still an important part of the office setting. In this General Secretary course, you will lear...
- Customer Relationship Management 101 Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it. (Peter Drucker) We are exposed to customer service (of one kind or another) at least once a day, every day of the week, fifty-two weeks ...
- Workers' Compensation 101 Since as far back as Ancient Greece and Rome, there has been a system in place in all civilized societies to compensate those individuals who have become injured or disabled due to a work-related accident. The laws and regulations governing what is known...
- Workplace Safety 101 This course focuses on workplace safety, health, and inspection. Throughout this course you will learn what workplace safety is, why it is important and how it affects a business. Common areas of workplace safety are discussed, including office safety...
- Managerial Accounting 101 Managerial accounting is not as widely used as other forms of accounting, nor is it as known. While companies concern themselves with financial accounting methods like audits, budgets and financial statements, they often completely ignore the forward-thi...
- Marketing Outreach Marketing a company's products and services to potential and existing customers is not only necessary, but a key ingredient to growing sales. Outreach marketing is the facet of marketing in which a company representative actively seeks out potential lead...
- Mastering Sales Skills 101 Sales are the lifeblood of any business. Every business transaction you have from buying milk at the grocery store to buying your house or investing in new products and services involves sales. Mastering Sales Skills: How to be a Successful Salesperson ...
- Retail Business 101 The idea of running one's own business is the dream of hundreds of thousands of Americans. The reasons for opening your own business are myriad; to be your own boss, to set your own hours, to do what you want to do, to provide a product or service where ...
- Retirement Planning Retirement for many of us can already be a fact of life. For others, it is looming on the horizon and the closer we get the more uneasy we feel about that next step. We are filled with questions about just how we will pay for our retirement. What will...
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101 Do you hear stirring speeches that inspire to go out and take to heart what the speaker was talking about? Do you wonder how some people can sell nearly anything simply by how they talk? If you do, then chances are you are wondering about being persuasiv...
- Understanding Business Administration 101 Whether you are already running a business, have yet to start one or have been hired to support a business owner, it is important to know the basics of the business administrative process. This course will trace a path through the inception, setup a...
- Business Credit 101 Business Credit 101 provides potential and current business owners with the necessary knowledge to successfully use credit within their business. There are many reasons why business operators rely on credit to maximize their business potential, but it ...
- Economics 201 Economics is an inherent part of our world. And, with every passing day, economics becomes more and more pivotal to our survival. From the items we buy at the store and our personal banking accounts to the types of industries in which we work and the res...
- Creating an Effective Sales Team Every small business owner or new entrepreneur knows that the success of their company will depend largely on the effectiveness of their sales team. After all, if you are not selling something, then you can hardly call yourself in business since business...
- Call Center Management 101 Customer relationships are the cornerstone of every business. Businesses today require considerable communication to ensure high quality customer care from the beginning to the end of a sale. Call centers are significant in creating and maintaining succe...
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk 101 A Help Desk is usually not a profit-generating department within a company. It is, for many organizations, a necessary expense, but it can add a significant amount of value to a company in a variety of ways. In order for your Help Desk to add this valu...