| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Since as far back as Ancient Greece and Rome, there has been a system in place in all civilized societies to compensate those individuals who have become injured or disabled due to a work-related accident. The laws and regulations governing what is known today as Workers' Compensation have changed dramatically over the last 1700 years.
This course will take a close look at the entire Workers' Compensation system, from the filing of an initial claim, to a detailed look on how to choose the right doctor and lawyer, how to represent yourself in the absence of a lawyer, and, most importantly, a detailed look into the specific federal, state, and private benefits that are available to people who have become injured in their workplace.
Filing a Workers' Compensation claim need not be a daunting task. Every worker must seek the advice of qualified professionals. This course will provide an understanding of the core concepts in a Workers' Compensation claim, as well as education on where to get further information.
Being injured in the workplace can mean a significant change in one's life, and it is important to ensure that one's rights – either those of an employee or an employer – are being fully protected.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the history of Workers' Compensation.
- Define Workers' Compensation benefits.
- Describe the procedures involved in filing a Workers' Compensation Claim.
- Describe Denial of Benefits and Appeals processes.
- Summarize medical treatment, and choosing a doctor.
- Summarize dealing with attorneys and legal forms.
- Summarize handling your own case.
- Summarize preparing for a hearing, mediation, and other litigation matters.
- Identify financial considerations.
- Summarize Workers Compensation fraud.
- Compare and contrast Social Security Disability Insurance and Workers' Compensation.
- Define Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Summarize Americans with Disabilities Act, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: The History of Workers' CompensationWorkers' Compensation regulation and laws appear today in virtually all industrialized nations although laws governing workers have changed dramatically throughout history, and the United States is certainly no exception.
Lesson 2: Workers' Compensation BenefitsDepending on the severity of your injury, and several other factors, you may be entitled to a wide range of benefits. This chapter will address each type of benefit in detail, explain how to obtain these benefits, and, if applicable, what rules and regula
Lesson 3: Filing a Workers' Compensation ClaimFiling a Workers' Compensation claim is often not an easy task, but it need not be a daunting task.
Lesson 4: Denial of Benefits and AppealsFor most of us, it is traumatic enough just to have an injury at work. But, experiencing a denial of benefits from your employer or your employer's insurance company can make the situation a great deal worse.
Lesson 5: Medical Treatment, and Choosing a DoctorThis chapter will address how to choose the right doctor for your needs, and it will address the medical treatments that you are entitled to under Workers' Compensation insurance.
Lesson 6: Dealing with Attorneys and Legal FormsHaving an attorney working for you on a Workers' Compensation claim is not required, but it is certainly beneficial in many instances.
Lesson 7: Handling Your Own CaseAlthough this chapter will not be an all-inclusive lesson on how to represent yourself in legal matters, if will give you an introduction to how the legal process works in a Workers' Compensation case in which you choose to be your own representative.
Lesson 8: Preparing for a Hearing, Mediation, and Other Litigation MattersThere is an enormous amount of material that must be reviewed during a Workers' Compensation case, and having an attorney to help you through the process of preparing for a hearing, mediation, and other matters concerning the law might prove to be essenti
Lesson 9: Financial ConsiderationsThis chapter will address answers to some commonly asked financial questions dealing with Workers' Compensation.
Lesson 10: Workers Compensation FraudWhether you are an employer, a worker, or an insurance agent, you need to be familiar with the subject of Workers' Compensation fraud.
Lesson 11: Social Security Disability Insurance and Workers' CompensationSince both the Social Security Administration and the Workers' Compensation system have a great deal of interaction, and since most people who have become disabled due to a work-related injury must constantly deal with the Social Security Administration,
Lesson 12: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requires a covered employer to grant medical leave to an employee in certain circumstances.
Lesson 13: Americans with Disabilities ActMany people who have become disabled as a result of a Workers' Compensation case will want to learn about their rights and protections under the law.
|Course Title ||: ||Workers' Compensation 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550193 |
|Course Type ||: ||Professional Development |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business Management
- Accounts Payable Management This course is a training guide for the new manager of an accounts payable department. It will help you step into your new role and take a commanding and successful lead. This course will take what you know and enhance it by adding management principles...
- Business Writing Basics We live in world where communication is paramount to survival. In a work environment where communication is equated with the professionalism and efficiency of an individual, would you jeopardize your career because of bad writing? Do you want the embarra...
- Human Resources Management 101 Many professionals who enter into the world of human resources quickly believe that they will succeed in their new found field simply because they have a knack for relating with people from all walks of life. While having good people skills is certainly ...
- Accounts Receivable Management Accounts Receivable management is a demanding job. You'll be making decisions that can make or break a company. Your role is unique and complex--one that is closely integrated into the overall customer service of your company. In this course, we'll look ...
- Payroll Management 101 There are many aspects that need to be covered when running a successful business. One of the most important aspects in any business is of course, payroll management. The members of the business involved in payroll management have unique responsibilities...
- Business Management 101 Introduction to Business Management The world of business management offers an array of career opportunities unparalleled among income earning possibilities. Industries from mining to waste disposal have management-level positions in many companies. ...
- Business Math 101 This course takes you through an overview of the wonderful world of business mathematics. The course is designed for a person of any age and anywhere in the world. All that is required of the learner are a computer, a connection to the internet, a c...
- Leadership and Supervision 101 The idea of leadership is one that seems to constantly change. What was once valued in a leader in past centuries, is no longer valued in our modern era. So then, how do we define leadership? And is leadership the same as supervision ? In this Lead...
- Home Business Owning a home business can be one of the most rewarding career moves you will ever make. Not only do you get the freedom of answering only to yourself, but our increasingly Internet-savvy society makes reaching out to worldwide consumers easier than ever...
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing There you are, cold-calling yet another sales prospect. Your verbal pitch is pure gold; your prospect is attentive--interested--and seems ready to buy. But just as you're about to close the deal, you hear that eternal refrain: Send me something ...
- ABCs of Technical Writing Technical writing is the art and science of translating technical information into readable, accessible writing usable by a wide audience. If you have ever read the user's manual for a piece of software or equipment you've purchased, you've seen technica...
- Freelance Writing 101 If you have ever dreamed of being a freelance writer this course is for you. Get started today learning about this exciting field and in no time you can be on your way to earning a living, extra income, and more, by doing something that you love – ...
- Restaurant Management 101 Qualified restaurant managers are always in demand. They earn salaries far above the national average ($45K-$60K and higher), receive generous benefit packages and bonuses, rapid promotions and opportunities for travel. But that's really just the icing o...
- How to Write a Business Plan 101 Most CPAs will tell you that the number one mistake people make in starting a new business is that they fail to write a business plan. Without a written set of plans and directions, a new business will struggle on many levels. You may start out doing wel...
- Legal Terminology 101 Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant d...
- Business Analysis 101 How can you make a significant difference in your organization? One way is to be part of a project that improves the company's performance or launches it in a new direction. The business analyst (BA) plays a key role in the development and execution of ...
- Resume Writing 101 One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. The result is poorly-written res...
- Travel Writing 101 Travel writing is a fun, interesting and fulfilling career. If your goal is to become a full-time travel writer who is able to live off your income from writing alone, it is important to understand that travel writing, like any other career, requires you...
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101 Learn the basics of Employment Law , the potential pitfalls, and ways to keep yourself out of court so that you can grow your business by hiring, evaluating, and managing employees. This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to kno...
- Introduction to Six Sigma Six Sigma is a methodology of implementing a highly successful project, or producing a high quality product or service, using techniques and principles that ensure excellence. The Six Sigma methodology incorporates many years of studying best practices i...
- Business Ethics 101 Business ethics is an important part of any industry. Students or managers, unfamiliar with many ethical challenges, behaviors, or regulations will find themselves struggling in business industries that include finance, accounting or human resource manag...
- Contract Law 101 - An Introduction Every time you trade an item, attend a sporting event or buy a soda, you enter the world of contracting. When an exchange is made willingly a contract exists. But do you know how US law interprets and enforces contracts? We've designed an introductory co...
- Small Business Guide Starting and operating a business is a minefield of rules and regulations. The regulations set in the moment you decide to start your own business. You need to get licenses and permits from the authorities. There are restrictions on the type of business ...
- Kitchen Sanitation 101 Nearly every few weeks, a new story seems to hit the headlines about foodborne illnesses. Salmonella in peanuts. E. coli in fruit juice. Mad cow in hamburgers. Every year, thousands of people become seriously ill from foodborne illnesses, and some even d...
- Business Consulting 101 Do you have strong business skills? Can you analyze information and construct a recommendation on a course of action? Do you have good communication, observation and character analysis abilities? Then you could be a good candidate to provide business con...
- Retail Business 101 The idea of running one's own business is the dream of hundreds of thousands of Americans. The reasons for opening your own business are myriad; to be your own boss, to set your own hours, to do what you want to do, to provide a product or service where ...
- Crisis Management 101 Unexpected events occur frequently in all aspects of our daily environment. Whether on a school playground, a university campus, a factory, a post office or a major corporation headquarters, understanding the importance and challenges to individuals when...
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101 Do you hear stirring speeches that inspire to go out and take to heart what the speaker was talking about? Do you wonder how some people can sell nearly anything simply by how they talk? If you do, then chances are you are wondering about being persuasiv...
- Understanding Business Administration 101 Whether you are already running a business, have yet to start one or have been hired to support a business owner, it is important to know the basics of the business administrative process. This course will trace a path through the inception, setup a...
- Business Credit 101 Business Credit 101 provides potential and current business owners with the necessary knowledge to successfully use credit within their business. There are many reasons why business operators rely on credit to maximize their business potential, but it ...