Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language
with CEU Certificate*
Reading Body Language, Using it to Your Advantage
In this course you will learn what body language is, about different emotions, how to read body language and how to use the information to your personal and career advantage. You'll learn about cultural differences as it pertains to body language, the power of first impressions and intuition and how to ask the questions and be an active listener when you get responses. Don't shake another hand until you have learned all you can from the information in this course!
Anyone who's interested in learning about how to read body language is welcome to enroll in this class. No previous experience is required.
Ø How certain gestures, eye contact and other non-verbal forms of communication can be a indicator of what a person is thinking.
Ø The posture, angles and expressions that can be read by another person.
Ø The concept of body language as it relates to babies and children.
Ø How the arms, legs, eyes, head and posture can be used to determine what a person is feeling.
Ø Eye contact, nail biting, and facial expressions are just a few of the ways you can read body language.
Ø How to use your body language to aid in a job search.
Ø How body language skills are used in professional settings
Ø How body language will help with that first impression.
Ø The relationship between intuition and body language.
Ø How our self esteem effects our body language and how others perceive us.
A brief quiz and assignment will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Body Language
Lesson 2: Body Language Basics
Lesson 3: Body Language Varying By Group
Lesson 4: Body Language That Displays Different Emotions
Lesson 5: How to Read Body Language
Lesson 6: Using Body Language to Your Personal Advantage
Lesson 7: Using Body Language in Your Career
Lesson 8: Discovering Patterns
Lesson 9: The Power of First Impressions
Lesson 10: Asking the Right Questions, Listening to the Answers
Lesson 11: The Power of Intuition
Lesson 12: Self ReflectionLesson 13: Supplemental Information
|Assignment 1: Analyze Someone's Body Language||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||15|
|Lesson 2 Exam||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||20|
|Assignment 4: Reading Body Language||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam||19|
|Lesson 6 Exam||19|
|Lesson 7 Exam||18|
|Assignment 8: Identifying Body Language Patterns||2|
|Lesson 8 Exam||19|
|Lesson 9 Exam||19|
|Lesson 10 Exam||19|
|Lesson 11 Exam||19|
|Lesson 12 Exam||20|
- The Basics of Body Language
- Identifying Body Language of the Young
- How to Use Body Language in Your Career
- First Impressions: The Conversation Your Body Is Having in the Business Interview
- Tips for Reading Body Language
- Strategies for Giving a Successful Presentation
- Grant Writing First Steps: How to Prepare for Writing Your Winning Grant Proposal
- Presentation Breakdown: Dissecting a Successful Presentation
- How Your Brain Stores Memories
- How to Outline and Organize Your Award Winning Speech
- Basic Punctuation Usage Everyone Should Know
- Why We Fight: the Origins of Conflict
- Effective Communication: Negotiation
- The Principles of Business Writing
- Business Management Tools: Information Technology