with CEU Certificate*
QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an expensive CPA's desk to their own computers.
This course was designed for any small business who wants to start doing their accounting in-house. It's also perfect for the student who wants to learn this software program for their employer or to further their skills and career. Whether you want to learn QuickBooks Pro or Premier, this course will teach you everything you need to know to be able to use the software program for almost any business type.
· How QuickBooks is organized
· How to create lists that you'll need to be able to use the software efficiently
· The features of QuickBooks 2011 and, much more importantly, the ones you'll need
· How to set up QuickBooks. QuickBooks 2011 has a difficult setup process. We'll walk you right through it and explain everything along the way
· How to create bank accounts and other accounts in QuickBooks
· How to track your expenses in QuickBooks
· How to track inventory
· How to use QuickBooks to generate invoices and sales receipts
· All about Accounts Payable and QuickBooks 2011
· How to write checks using QuickBooks
· How to write credit memos
· And how to do all of your business accounting, including payroll and taxes, using QuickBooks.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to QuickBooksQuickBooks can be used for almost all financial business processes. You can use it for entering receipts, tracking expenses, invoicing, payment tracking, tax tracking, purchase orders, and even to prepare reports and statements regarding your finances.
Lesson 2: Installing the Software and Mastering the EasyStep InterviewYou'll install your QuickBooks 2011 software like you would any other software program.
Lesson 3: QuickBooks ListsYou still need to add products, employees, customers, and other pertinent information that QuickBooks will need. You will enter this information into lists. We'll teach you to do that in this lesson.
Lesson 4: Creating More ListsIn this lesson, we're going to continue to learn how to create lists that you're going to need to use this software effectively.
Lesson 5: Creating InvoicesInvoices are bills that you send customers. In this lesson, we're going to learn how to create and print them.
Lesson 6: Collecting and Tracking Money from CustomersIn this lesson, you're going to learn how to enter payments into QuickBooks, deposit the money into the bank, track the amounts that is owed, and even add finance charges.
Lesson 7: Paying BillsThis is a lesson that nobody likes to think about. It's about paying bills using QuickBooks 2011.
Lesson 8: InventoryQuickBooks 2011 allows you to track your inventory.
Lesson 9: Your CheckbookLearning how to keep your checkbook in QuickBooks is very important. Take your time with this lesson as we go through it. It will save you time and aggravation later.
Lesson 10: Credit CardsQuickBooks can be used to track your business credit cards as well as your checkbook.
Lesson 11: Printing ChecksIn this lesson, we're going to learn to print checks and registers.
Lesson 12: PayrollIf you don't want to pay for payroll services, and you insist on doing it yourself, we'll show you how to use QuickBooks to do your payroll.
Lesson 13: Your BudgetIn this lesson, we're going to teach you how to create your budget.
Lesson 14: Balancing AccountsIn this lesson, we're going to learn to balance your bank account using QuickBooks.
Lesson 15: ReportsQuickQuickBooks 2011 gives you the ability to run several different types of reports. We're going to talk about these in this lesson, as well as teach you how to run them.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what QuickBooks and how it can be used.
- Demonstrate installing the software and mastering the easy step interview.
- Identify QuickBooks lists.
- Demonstrate creating more lists.
- Demonstrate creating invoices.
- Demonstrate collecting and tracking money from customers.
- Demonstrate paying bills.
- Identify inventory.
- Identify your checkbook.
- Summarize credit cards and their use in QuickBooks.
- Identify printing checks using QuickBooks.
- Determine how to use QuickBooks for payroll.
- Identify and create your budget in QuickBooks.
- Identify balancing accounts in your QuickBooks program.
- Determine creating and running reports in QuickBooks, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||74|
- Accounts Payable Management$70.001.1 CEUs
- Accounts Receivable Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- QuickBooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Advanced Excel 2013$75.001.7 CEUs
- Google Analytics 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2010$65.001.4 CEUs
- QuickBooks Online Essentials$80.001.0 CEUs