Introduction to QuickBooks 2011
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an expensive CPA's desk to their own computers.
This course was designed for any small business who wants to start doing their accounting in-house. It's also perfect for the student who wants to learn this software program for their employer or to further their skills and career. Whether you want to learn QuickBooks Pro or Premier, this course will teach you everything you need to know to be able to use the software program for almost any business type.
· How QuickBooks is organized
· How to create lists that you'll need to be able to use the software efficiently
· The features of QuickBooks 2011 and, much more importantly, the ones you'll need
· How to set up QuickBooks. QuickBooks 2011 has a difficult setup process. We'll walk you right through it and explain everything along the way
· How to create bank accounts and other accounts in QuickBooks
· How to track your expenses in QuickBooks
· How to track inventory
· How to use QuickBooks to generate invoices and sales receipts
· All about Accounts Payable and QuickBooks 2011
· How to write checks using QuickBooks
· How to write credit memos
· And how to do all of your business accounting, including payroll and taxes, using QuickBooks.Each lesson gives step-by-step instructions and provides detailed screenshots of the actual software whenever possible. After completing this course, you'll be a pro at understanding and using QuickBooks! So why not join us today?In order to benefit fully from this course and its exercises, please make sure you have a working copy of QuickBooks installed on your computer before registering.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to QuickBooksQuickBooks can be used for almost all financial business processes. You can use it for entering receipts, tracking expenses, invoicing, payment tracking, tax tracking, purchase orders, and even to prepare reports and statements regarding your finances.
Lesson 2: Installing the Software and Mastering the EasyStep InterviewYou'll install your QuickBooks 2011 software like you would any other software program.
Lesson 3: QuickBooks ListsYou still need to add products, employees, customers, and other pertinent information that QuickBooks will need. You will enter this information into lists. We'll teach you to do that in this lesson.
Lesson 4: Creating More ListsIn this lesson, we're going to continue to learn how to create lists that you're going to need to use this software effectively.
Lesson 5: Creating InvoicesInvoices are bills that you send customers. In this lesson, we're going to learn how to create and print them.
Lesson 6: Collecting and Tracking Money from CustomersIn this lesson, you're going to learn how to enter payments into QuickBooks, deposit the money into the bank, track the amounts that is owed, and even add finance charges.
Lesson 7: Paying BillsThis is a lesson that nobody likes to think about. It's about paying bills using QuickBooks 2011.
Lesson 8: InventoryQuickBooks 2011 allows you to track your inventory.
Lesson 9: Your CheckbookLearning how to keep your checkbook in QuickBooks is very important. Take your time with this lesson as we go through it. It will save you time and aggravation later.
Lesson 10: Credit CardsQuickBooks can be used to track your business credit cards as well as your checkbook.
Lesson 11: Printing ChecksIn this lesson, we're going to learn to print checks and registers.
Lesson 12: PayrollIf you don't want to pay for payroll services, and you insist on doing it yourself, we'll show you how to use QuickBooks to do your payroll.
Lesson 13: Your BudgetIn this lesson, we're going to teach you how to create your budget.
Lesson 14: Balancing AccountsIn this lesson, we're going to learn to balance your bank account using QuickBooks.
Lesson 15: ReportsQuickQuickBooks 2011 gives you the ability to run several different types of reports. We're going to talk about these in this lesson, as well as teach you how to run them.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Introduction to QuickBooks 2011Course Number: 7550461Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Computer SkillCEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: UniversalClass Staff InstructorSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $55.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $80.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what QuickBooks and how it can be used.
- Demonstrate installing the software and mastering the easy step interview.
- Identify QuickBooks lists.
- Demonstrate creating more lists.
- Demonstrate creating invoices.
- Demonstrate collecting and tracking money from customers.
- Demonstrate paying bills.
- Identify inventory.
- Identify your checkbook.
- Summarize credit cards and their use in QuickBooks.
- Identify printing checks using QuickBooks.
- Determine how to use QuickBooks for payroll.
- Identify and create your budget in QuickBooks.
- Identify balancing accounts in your QuickBooks program.
- Determine creating and running reports in QuickBooks, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 3 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 4 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 5 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 6 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 7 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 9 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 10 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 11 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 12 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 13 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 13 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 14 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 15 Assignment Assignment 5 Lesson 15 Exam Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 74 Total Points: 261
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$55for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$80for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+