| || || |
Learn How to Manage 'Out-of-Control' Behavior
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
We devote a disturbing amount of time, energy, and financial resources in the overwhelming task of managing inappropriate behaviors of students and children, and it does not stop there. It is no secret that juvenile delinquency is a growing problem in our nation. The solution to this ever-rising detriment to society begins years before the adolescent makes his/her first appearance at the Juvenile Detention Facility. Behavior Management is an effective tool for use by parents, teachers, and childcare providers in the development of respectful, well-mannered children, who will later become productive members of society.
Behavior Management strategies are designed to foster appropriate behaviors in children. Parents as well as educators can use these strategies successfully to promote enviable behaviors that are socially acceptable and academically beneficial. There is an ever-increasing need to diminish disruptive conduct in our classrooms because failure to do so results in time off task not only for the student or students participating in the disruption, but for the class as a whole. Each time that an educator has to stop teaching in order to reprimand a student, document the incident, and/or contact parents, valuable instructional time is lost. Children who exhibit disruptive behaviors at home create stress, anxiety, and emotional discord that affect every member of the family.
This course will reference the specifics of various Behavior Management strategies. You may use them collectively or focus on a single strategy that that addresses a particular concern. You do not need a degree in education or psychology to experience success when using Behavior Management. There is little if any expense involved when implementing these techniques, and you will observe an increase in appropriate behaviors and a decrease in undesirable ones in a relatively short time period.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize strategies for managing behavior in the classroom setting.
- Describe the major behavior management techniques for parents.
- Demonstrate how to manage more challenging behaviors in young children.
- Summarize the basic ideas of behavior modification.
- Describe the bead system and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Describe the Token Economy and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Describe the Ticket System and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Summarize behavior management via Power Teaching.
- Summarize behavior management using TEAM Discipline.
- Describe Positive Discipline, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Strategies for the ClassroomIn order to effectively master behavior management it's important to know what it is exactly. This first lesson explains what is meant by "behavior management," as well as how to effectively begin using it.
Lesson 2: Behavior Management Strategies for ParentsThis lesson of behavior management focuses on the parental roles to help children learn how to behave acceptably. Concepts like reinforcement, bribery, and misbehavior are addressed.
Lesson 3: Managing Challenging Behavior in Young ChildrenThis lesson explains the various reasons and motivations for misbehavior, and provides several strategies for addressing behavioral issues in young children.
Lesson 4: Behavior Modification BasicsSometimes the most effective way to deal with student misbehavior is to ignore it.
Lesson 5: The Bead System Students earn beads for demonstrating on-task, appropriate behaviors. A privilege is earned at the end of the week for children who have earned a pre-determined number of beads. The bead system is incredibly flexible and can be used in any number of ways
Lesson 6: Using a Token Economy to Manage Student BehaviorThis lesson examines the token economy system to managing student behavior. It explains what it is, how to create one, and even how to end one.
Lesson 7: The Ticket SystemThis lesson looks at the ticket system that can easily be implemented in the classroom. It includes how to set it up, keep it running, and possible rewards.
Lesson 8: Behavior Management via Power TeachingThis lesson looks at what power teaching is and gives many examples of ways it can be implemented.
Lesson 9: Managing Behavior with TEAM DisciplineThis lesson looks at using a TEAM approach to classroom discipline. It explains using peer influence to improve classroom behavior and how to use the tool.
Lesson 10: Positive DisciplineThis lesson explains what positive discipline is, how to effectively use it, and the importance of children feeling a sense of belonging and significance.
Lesson 11: Using Functional Assessments to Manage the Behavior of Hostile- Aggressive StudentsThis lesson explains using functional assessments for managing behavior. It looks at students who display aggressive behavior, passive-aggressive behavior, and has tips on using this tool.
|Course Title ||: ||Behavior Management 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550061 |
|Course Type ||: ||General Education |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
- "It gave me some helpful tools in which to use in my work." -- LeEtta L.
- "I liked that this onlie course had quiz's and assignments. Most online courses I have done there has been nothing like this. This made me feel like i was actually learning something because my knowledge was being tested." -- Sara K.
Other Related Classes in Education
- Psychology 101 Why not learn the basics of psychology with our online course designed to give students the most flexibility and independence? Psychology 101 is a comprehensive class providing an up-to-date presentation of the fundamentals of psychology. It's an excel...
- Anger Management 101 If you have been at the mercy of the negative consequences that result from mishandled anger, Anger Management 101 will provide relief. This insightful course is filled with both practical wisdom and application that will end the anger trap for good. ...
- Autism 101 Autism Isn't… A result of inadequate parenting Nor is it a learning disability. And a diagnosis certainly needn't be viewed as a life long sentence to mediocrity, emptiness, dissatisfaction or lack of either fulfillment or productivity. Auti...
- Confidence Building 101 This course on building self-confidence reaches beyond the standard self-help program by addressing the core issues surrounding confidence problems and exploring how to reprogram our brain‘s negative self-talk. Based on the concept that we come int...
- Assertiveness Training 101 The ability to be assertive is difficult. Because most people do not want to be perceived as selfish, demanding, hostile, stubborn or just plain hard to get along with, they allow others to take advantage of them or they do more than is necessary or requ...
- Child Psychology 101 This course introduces the methods, theories and main concepts used by psychologists to develop a real insight into the world of children. Child psychology is extremely important for a number of reasons, not the least of which is being able to understan...
- Counseling Psychology 101 Professional counselors need a strong foundation to prepare them for entering the profession of counseling. If you are seeking a program to enhance your skills, or just want to learn more about the career, this Introduction to Counseling course will g...
- Abnormal Psychology 101 Abnormal Psychology is a highly complex and fascinating field of study. The modern psychological community has made tremendous strides in better understanding, diagnosing and treating abnormal disorders of the mind compared to centuries and even decades ...
- Basic Parenting 101 Good parenting skills are something we learn, not something we are born with. Being a more effective parent or caretaker is possible for everyone! This course can help you get your parenting skills to where you want them to be. It covers a broad rang...
- Conflict Resolution 101 Conflict Resolution: In the Workplace and Beyond Did you know that a little conflict in your office today can shut down your entire operation tomorrow? That is no exaggeration! Workplace conflict costs. It starts by reducing productivity and employee h...
- Sociology 101 This comprehensive course provides an up-to-date presentation of the essentials of sociological study. Students will learn a wide range of classical and contemporary perspectives which will encourage links between theories and current research. With the ...
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection Preventing child abuse is everyone's responsibility. This includes law enforcement personnel, educational personnel, medical personnel as well as family, friends, and neighbors. Child Abuse education is important so that students may recognize various as...
- Mediation 101 The individual who pursues a career as a mediator can look forward to a job that is personally satisfying and financially rewarding. With its emphasis on fairness and cooperation, this career is an ideal choice for those who are empathetic and want to ...
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges Special Education 101 is the first in a series of relevant, innovative and dynamic courses developed and taught by a leading educator in this field. This course explains why people with disabilities deserve respect rather than pity in their quest for ...
- Healthy Relationships 101 Whether you are in a new or long term romantic relationship, a busy student working with other colleagues, parents struggling to form a connection with your children, or a business person needing to form a relationship of trust with the employer--relatio...
- Organizational Psychology 101 Industrial and Organizational Psychology or I/O is a varied field of study filled with many career opportunities. The importance of this field has never been more prevalent than in the last decade. The use of I/O methods has been proven to increase pro...
- Special Education: Foundations, Behavior, Curriculum, Instruction, and Evaluation This course establishes the foundations for employing positive approaches in the treatment of people with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorders by covering the principles of equal opportunity and self-determination and their relationshi...
- Special Ed: Effective and Significant Approaches This course presents educational approaches that are effective in establishing high rates of learning, building self-regulation skills, and increasing prospects for self-determination for children and youth with autism spectrum disorders. Since many of t...
- Childhood Obesity 101 Are you one of those parents who constantly worry about your child's weight? Are you unsure about the kind of help and support an overweight child needs? Or are you looking for ways to prevent your child from gaining excess weight? Whichever the case, th...