Online Class: Mortgage Broker 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
While somewhat technical, the training to become a mortgage banker/broker entails a good amount of knowledge in such areas of lending as: mortgage types, interest rate structures, and matching loan instruments to individuals based upon the nature of their personal financial situations.
To assess whether an individual would make a good mortgage loan candidate, mortgage bankers/brokers spend a great deal of time evaluating clients' credit backgrounds, income statements and additional financial factors.
Further, with new onuses in place whereby bankers/brokers are being required to critically analyze an individual's credit background prior to granting him/her a mortgage loan, it is more important than ever, that there be well-qualified mortgage bankers/brokers helping consumers navigate through the home finance lending process.
And with the help of this Mortgage Banker/Broker course, we have gone to great lengths to familiarize you with the major tenets with which a mortgage banker needs to be well acquainted from credit applications and pre mortgage loan approvals to interest rate fluctuations and subprime markets.
And in light of the current US economic crisis, it is very important for mortgage bankers/brokers to be fully up not only on the regulations and legislations affecting the mortgage industry but also on the steps clients can take to avoid negative pitfalls and reduce unnecessary costs.
Hence, as you explore the career options that exist within the mortgage lending field, we believe you will find this cross-section of mortgage-related tools, steps, and activities to be both helpful and applicable to the daily work performed by bankers/brokers.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1 : Introduction to Mortgage Banker/Broker Careers
- Lesson discussions: Mortgage Broker 101
- Complete: Lesson 1 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 1 : Introduction to Mortgage Banker/Broker Careers
Lesson 2 : General RE Financial Industry Overview
- Complete: Lesson 2 Assignment
Lesson 3 : Differences between Mortgage Bankers and Mortgage Brokers; and Suggested Professional Training
- Complete: Lesson 3 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 3 : Differences between Mortgage Bankers and Mortgage Brokers & Suggested Professional Training
Lesson 4 : Mortgage Loan Process
- Complete: Lesson 4 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 4 : Mortgage Loan Process
Lesson 5 : Funding Sources
- Complete: Lesson 5 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 5 : Funding Sources
Lesson 6 : The Federal Reserve and Factors Affecting the Mortgage Lending Industry
- Complete: Lesson 6 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 6 : The Federal Reserve and Factors Affecting the Mortgage Lending Industry
Lesson 7 : Two Basic Types of Mortgage Loans: Fixed and Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
- Lesson discussions: Mortgage Type
- Complete: Lesson 7 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 7 : Two Basic Types of Mortgage Loans: Fixed and Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
Lesson 8 : Additional Types of Mortgages
- Complete: Lesson 8 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 8 : Additional Types of Mortgages
Lesson 9 : Refinance Tools: HELOCs and Second Mortgages
- Complete: Lesson 9 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 9 : Refinance Tools: HELOCs and second mortgages
Lesson 10 : ARM Indexes
- Complete: Lesson 10 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 10: ARM Indexes
Lesson 11 : The Mortgage Loan Package and Application
- Complete: Lesson 11 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 11. The Mortgage Loan Package & Application
Lesson 12 : Interest, Points, and Annual Percentage Rates
- Complete: Lesson 12 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 12 : Interest, Points and Annual Percentage Rates
Lesson 13 : Mortgage-Related Insurance Products
- Complete: Lesson 13 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 13 : Mortgage-Related Insurance Products
Lesson 14 : Reverse Mortgages
- Lesson discussions: Reverse Mortgage
- Complete: Lesson 14 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 14 : Reverse Mortgages
Lesson 15 : Regulatory & Legislative Issues
- Complete: Lesson 15 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 15 : Regulatory & Legislative Issues
Lesson 16 : Mortgage Loan Resources
- Lesson discussions: How would you rate this course?; Program Evaluation Follow-up Survey (End of Course); Course Comments
- Complete: Lesson 16 Assignment
- Assessment: Lesson 16 : Mortgage Loan Resources
- Assessment: Final Exam
- Summarize the general financial industry
- Compare and contrast mortgage bankers with mortgage brokers.
- Describe the mortgage loan process.
- Define the funding sources.
- Summarize the federal reserve and factors affecting the mortgage lending industry.
- Describe the basic types of mortgage loans.
- Summarize the refinance tools.
- Summarize ARM Indexes.
- Describe the mortgage loan package and application.
- Define interest, points and annual percentage rates.
- Summarize mortgage-related insurance products.
- Summarize reverse mortgages.
- Describe regulatory and legislative issues involving the mortgage lending industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Home Business $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Effective Communication Skills $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Legal Terminology 101 $95.00
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Business Credit 101 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Motivational and Public Speaking 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Call Center Management $95.00
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Economics 101 $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Developing Great Social Skills $95.00
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Mastering Sales Skills 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs How to Run an Effective Help Desk $95.00
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Customer Service 101 $95.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Community Development 101 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Investing 201: Intro to Commodity, Options, and Futures Markets $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Communication with Diplomacy and Tact $95.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Customer Relationship Management $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Habits of Millionaires $95.00
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Economics 201 $95.00