Online Class: ABCs of Photography
with CEU Certificate*
Are you tired of the pictures that have been coming out of your camera? Maybe everyone's eyes are half closed or perhaps there is always a shadow that makes everyone in the picture look like they have a beard. Maybe you want to take better pictures but just can't seem to click at the right time, in the right place to get what you want.
You are not alone. So many people want to take good, memorable pictures to capture their experiences but so few feel comfortable enough with their cameras to actually make it happen on a consistent basis.
What's great about Photography Basics is that its full of the stuff you've always wanted to know and there's nothing that you don't need to know. What that means is that you can have the assurance that you can go into this course with little or no knowledge of how your camera works and you'll come away with two things:
- Some knowledge on the actual function of your camera
- A lot of skills in the area of creating great photographs
So if you want technical jargon thats difficult to understand, this is not the course for you. If you want quality content that shows you step by step how you can make great pictures again and again and again, this is the course you want to take.
After all, why do you own your camera? Is it so you can say that you own a good camera? Or is it because you want to take great pictures? If you are ready to start clicking your way to unforgettable pictures, click here to begin!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Camera Basics: Lesson 1In this first lesson, we will go over how all cameras work and the parts of the camera that you need to be aware of.
Operating a Camera: Lesson 2This lesson will show that more than just pointing and clicking is required in order to take great pictures.
Types of Film: Lesson 3This lesson will not only examine the different film types and the type you should use, but it also will explain the differences between digital cameras and film cameras and reveal which one is actually better.
Lesson 4: ExposureWhat exposure is and how it will play a role in creating a great picture is discussed.
Lesson 5: LightingThe importance of lighting for great picture taking is discussed.
Choosing Lenses- Lesson 6Types of lenses and their impact on pictures, whether digital of regular, are explained.
Lesson 7: Enhancing PhotographsThis lesson will reveal when and how to enhance your picture in some easy ways.
Lesson 8: Organizing the PictureHow to arrange your picture so that the picture in your mind will turn out to be the photograph that comes out of your camera.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define basic camera terminology and functions.
- Summarize basic operations of a camera.
- Describe types of film.
- Describe exposure settings and demonstrate their uses.
- Describe lighting and photography and demonstrate different lighting techniques.
- Summarize methods for choosing lenses.
- Describe methods for enhancing photographs.
- Describe methods for organizing a picture, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Quiz on Camera Basics||Exam||40|
|Practice Taking a Picture that tells a story||Assignment||25|
|Quiz on Operating a Camera||Exam||45|
|Testing Types of Film||Assignment||25|
|Quiz on Types of Film||Exam||60|
|Testing Exposure Settings||Assignment||25|
|Quiz on Exposure||Exam||45|
|Quiz on Lighting||Exam||60|
|Testing Different Lens Shots||Assignment||25|
|Enhance Your Own Photo's Now||Assignment||25|
|Quiz on Enhancing Photographs||Exam||55|
|Final Assignment: Show Us a Good Picture Now!||Assignment||25|
|Quiz on Organizing a Picture||Exam||50|
- "Instructor was very knowledgeable and course was a good learning expierience." -- Jerry F.
- "Thanks--enjoyed!!!!" -- Laura H.