| || || |
You cannot take the GED® test online. UniversalClass does not administer state-sanctioned GED® tests.
We recommend the following steps to pass the official, state-administered, GED® test:
- Enroll in a GED® Preparation course
- Purchase all recommended GED® Preparation books and materials
- Study all course materials
- Take all practice tests in the course and book materials
- After you have mastered all material and passed all tests, you must sign up for the state-administered GED® test
- Take the GED® test in person approved by both your state and the American Council on Education with a proctor
- If you pass the state-administered GED® test, the state will issue you a high school equivalency diploma
*GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service®® brands are administered by GED Testing Service® LLC under license. THIS WORK IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR LICENSED BY AMERICAN COUNSEL ON EDUCATION OR GED Testing Service®, AND ANY REFERENCE TO "GED®" IN THE TITLE OR BODY OF THIS WORK IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO IMPLY AN AFFILIATION WITH, OR SPONSORSHIP BY, GED Testing Service® OR ANY STATE OR ENTITY AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE GED® BRANDED GOODS OR SERVICES.
This online course will prepare you to take the Mathematics portion of the GED® (General Educational Development) test. The testing format will be explained and broken down to highlight the content this part of the exam will cover. This course will provide several resources from strategies, review of material, test taking tips, practice exercises and tests.
-Arithmetic (different forms of numbers, signs and symbols, how to perform various operations, how to solve problems with Fractions, Percents and Decimals, and much more)
-Algebra (linear Equations and Inequalities, how to solve various word problems, how to simplify and factor numbers, and much more)
-Statistics (Data Analysis, Probability, Measures of Central Tendency, charts/tables/schedules, graphs, circle/bar/line graphs)
-Geometry (Geometric Concepts and Relationships, understanding measurements of congruence and similarity, the Pythagorean Theorem, and much more)
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Whole Numbers & OperationsLesson topics include Basic Operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division),
Solving Word Problems with Basic Operations
Lesson 2: Number SenseLesson topics include Powers, Exponents & Square Roots, and Order of Operations
Lesson 3: Decimal NumbersLesson topics include Place Value and Ordering
Decimals, Decimal Operations (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
Lesson 4: Fractions & Fraction OperationsLesson topics include Fractions & Fraction Operations, Types of Fractions, and Operations with Fractions
Lesson 5: Number RelationshipsLesson topics include signed numbers, and Multiplying & Dividing Signed Numbers
Lesson 6: Statistics & Data AnalysisLesson topics include Ratios and Rates, and Proportions
Lesson 7: PercentsLesson topics include Converting Percents to Fractions and Decimals (and vice versa!), and Solving Percent Problems & Interest Problems
Lesson 8: ProbabilityLesson topics include Probability, Probability Range, and Dependent Probability
Lesson 9: Data AnalysisLesson topics include Measures of Central Tendency, finding the range, finding the mean, finding the median, finding the mode, and interpreting Charts, Tables and Graphs.
Lesson 10: AlgebraLesson topics include Algebra expressions & equations, one-step and multi-step Algebra equations- word problems- simplifying expressions- Inequalities, and graphing & multiplying expressions
Lesson 11: MeasurementLesson topics include standard & metric measurement, time- distance & money calculations.
Lesson 12: GeometryLesson topics include Geometry Vocabulary & Measurements, Angles and Triangles Relationships.
|Course Title ||: ||Math Preparation for the GED Test |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550564 |
|Course Type ||: ||General Education |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Education
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures Most of us learned spelling and grammar in elementary school and brushed up on the rules occasionally in junior high or middle school. Once we entered high school, it was assumed we knew and remembered all of the essentials -- and slowly we discovered t...
- Basic Math 101 Fear fractions no more. And learn whether to add first or multiply first in a string of operations. Whether you are struggling with basic math functions in a course today, you are taking a new job that demands understanding of math, or you simply need to...
- Punctuation and Grammar 101 Do you need a refresher course in basic punctuation and grammar? Is your business writing, school writing or personal writing a disaster and you're tired of stressing over mistakes? Improper grammar and punctuation is a sign for some people, right or w...
- Spelling 101 Do you use your Spell Check on your computer obsessively? Are you afraid to write anything without a dictionary or computer spelling program? Are you receiving low grades on schoolwork because of poor spelling? Are your business emails filled with emba...
- Pre Algebra 101 An understanding of algebra is a foundational skill to virtually all topics in higher-level mathematics, and it is useful in science, statistics, accounting, and numerous other professional and academic areas. This course builds a bridge between simple w...
- ABCs of Algebra Find out how algebra is simply a natural extension of the math you learned in elementary school. Basic Algebra is designed for all students who need a basic understanding of algebraic operations including simplifying, factoring, solving equations and ine...
- Essay Writing 101 Essays are a vital part of writing, both in academic circles and in many professions. Being able to write good essays is a rare ability and those that can demonstrate a mastery of this writing form will quickly distinguish themselves from those who write...
- Math All-In-One (Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry Review) This self-paced All-In-One Math Course reviews the basics of arithmetic, algebra and geometry. This condensed course covers the following material: Arithmetic: reviewing the use of numbers, signs and symbols, how to perform various operations, how t...
- English Composition 101 Acquiring and developing the fundamentals of English composition is a vital skill that can be used in a variety of settings and situations. Being able to competently compose an essay and organize a thesis is not only useful in academic environments, but ...
- Algebra 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level Beginner to Intermediate Algebra is intended for students who need to gather a basic understanding of how to perform Algebra operations. This course will benefit current students and adult learners who need to know how to perform basic Algebra operations...
- Statistics 101 Statistics are used in a variety of contexts ranging from scientific experiments to political advertisements and beyond. Because statistics can be used to mislead, an understanding of the topic can be helpful for more than just the mathematical skills th...
- Basic Research Skills Basic Research Skills teaches you how to determine what you need to know when you need to know it. With all of the information readily available today, it's difficult to deciper good information from bad information. Instead of turning to an Internet se...
- GED Test Preparation This online course will prepare you to take the GED (General Educational Development) test. The testing format will be explained and broken down to highlight the five testing areas along with the content each of these sections will cover. This course ...
- ABCs of Geometry This course will provide the learner with a better understanding of the underlying concepts of geometry. Through readings, lessons, quizzes and independent explorations, the learner will leave the course with more complete understanding of geometry and b...
- Geometry 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level Although we may not always recognize it, we use basic geometry skills regularly in everyday life. For instance, we consider whether a picture on the wall is parallel with the floor, or we calculate the area of a room when installing new carpeting. Geome...
- Applied Statistics 101 Large sets of numbers can be daunting, and characterizing them in a few words or numbers can be even more daunting. This course considers how to take data sets--whether large or small--and describe them using a few numbers (descriptive statistics). This,...