| || || |
Learn how to manage your Human Resources in the workplace with practical tools for recognizing, preventing, and mediating conflicts between others.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion
(additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Conflict - in a business setting - is expensive, counter-productive, time consuming, and labor intensive.
In this e-course we will look at workplace conflict and explore ways that you can help to resolve it.
Conflict can arise over the slightest thing in a business setting and can escalate into a major confrontation between several factions. Although nations, businesses, churches, and families all participate (and succumb) to conflict, we will primarily focus on the conflict that can occur between parties in a business setting. Specifically, we will be looking at conflict that happens within a company.
Enroll today and learn how to put a stop to workplace conflict now!
Conflict Resolution: In the Workplace and Beyond
Did you know that a little conflict in your office today can shut down your entire operation tomorrow? That is no exaggeration! Workplace conflict costs. It starts by reducing productivity and employee health. It will finish your business by reducing customer loyalty and profitability.
In this self-paced course you will learn how you can avoid conflict from developing, and methods you can use to resolve conflicts that are occurring and affecting your workplace.
Differences of opinion.
They make great TV but a terrible work environment.
Enroll today and learn how to put a stop to it now.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the types of conflict that occur in the workplace.
- Describe the consequences of conflict in the workplace.
- Summarize procedures to resolve workplace conflict.
- Summarize steps to take when conflicts are not resolved.
- Summarize ways to stop conflict from arising in the first place.
- Define why people conflict in the first place.
- Describe the most common techniques to resolve personal conflict.
- Describe ways to mediate conflict between parties.
- Describe what steps to take when both parties refuse to resolve their conflicts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Problem Solving Lessons
Lesson 1: Types of Conflict - Conflict in the WorkplaceThis lesson will analyze conflict- what it is and why it occurs so often in the workplace.In addition, it will explore the types of conflict that occur in the workplace and how to deal with them.
Lesson 2: Workplace Conflict/Consequences of ConflictThe consequences, both financial and personal, of conflicts will be evaluated. Personal costs, workplace costs, and legal costs are studied.
Lesson 3: How to Resolve Conflicts in the WorkplaceThis lesson will review the basic structure (the eight steps) needed to establish a conflict resolution.
Lesson 4: Workplace Conflict/What To Do When Resolution Doesn't WorkThis lesson will provide some tips on what to do when the resolution doesn't work.
Lesson 5: Workplace Conflict/Using Positive CommunicationThis lesson will tell you how to prevent conflicts from developing altogether, by practicing some positive communication techniques.
Lesson 6: The Nature of Conflict--How and Why People ConflictA conflict with a spouse, partner, boyfriend or girlfriend, parent, child, sibling, good friend, or a new friend will cost us much more emotionally in the long run if it goes unresolved, than those we have with random strangers.
Lesson 7: Personal Conflict/How To Resolve the Seven Most Common Forms Of Personal ConflictIn this lesson, you will be given clear solutions to the conflict examples given in Lesson 6. These solutions can be applied to similar types of conflicts that may occur in your life.
Lesson 8: Personal Conflict/Using Problem-Solving Techniques To Find Inventive Ways Of Resolving ConflictIn this lesson, you will learn some basic problem-solving techniques that work very well with personal conflict resolution. You will be provided with clear examples of conflicts, and several inventive ways in which to resolve them.
Lesson 9: Personal Conflict/How to Mediate Conflict Between OthersThis lesson will deal solely with being a mediator, that is to say, someone who is good at resolving personal conflict between others.
Lesson 10: Personal Conflict/What to do if the Opposing Party Refuses to Participate in ResolutionMost conflicts between family and friends can be resolved with a little effort, as has been shown in this course; however, there are some instances when the other party refuses to allow a resolution.
|Course Title ||: ||Conflict Resolution 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550238 |
|Course Type ||: ||Professional Development |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Course Review ||: || |
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Recognizing, Preventing, and Resolving Sources of Conflict at Work Just Makes Sense.
Other Related Classes in Counseling Psychology
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language Reading Body Language, Using it to Your Advantage H aving the ability to read body language can go a long way in helping you throughout your life. You can learn to understand the cues, or signs, that people show when they tell a lie, or when they are ...
- Psychology 101 Why not learn the basics of psychology with our online course designed to give students the most flexibility and independence? Psychology 101 is a comprehensive class providing an up-to-date presentation of the fundamentals of psychology. It's an excel...
- Anger Management 101 If you have been at the mercy of the negative consequences that result from mishandled anger, Anger Management 101 will provide relief. This insightful course is filled with both practical wisdom and application that will end the anger trap for good. ...
- Human Resources Management 101 Many professionals who enter into the world of human resources quickly believe that they will succeed in their new found field simply because they have a knack for relating with people from all walks of life. While having good people skills is certainly ...
- Building Self Esteem Your self-esteem needs your attention, as the consequences of low self-esteem are often the precursor for many other health related problems. Avoid future personal health issues by evaluating your level of self-esteem today! This self-paced course will e...
- Negotiation Skills In order to be effective at any business endeavor learning how to negotiate properly is not simply a nice skill to have, it has become an essential requirement in career advancement. This course will teach you what you need to know in order to become acc...
- Stress Management 101 Stress is one of the most common words used in society today and a phenomenon that each one of us will experience at some point in our life. Stress affects people of all ages, professions and life situations. While we have an innate understanding of s...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Listening Skills 101 Did you know that there is a difference in hearing and listening? There is! Have you ever been told that you just don't listen? Most people have at some point in their life, so you probably have experienced it as well. But the problem is that good listen...
- Leadership and Supervision 101 The idea of leadership is one that seems to constantly change. What was once valued in a leader in past centuries, is no longer valued in our modern era. So then, how do we define leadership? And is leadership the same as supervision ? In this Lead...
- Abnormal Psychology 101 Abnormal Psychology is a highly complex and fascinating field of study. The modern psychological community has made tremendous strides in better understanding, diagnosing and treating abnormal disorders of the mind compared to centuries and even decades ...
- Sociology 101 This comprehensive course provides an up-to-date presentation of the essentials of sociological study. Students will learn a wide range of classical and contemporary perspectives which will encourage links between theories and current research. With the ...
- Mediation 101 The individual who pursues a career as a mediator can look forward to a job that is personally satisfying and financially rewarding. With its emphasis on fairness and cooperation, this career is an ideal choice for those who are empathetic and want to ...
- Team Management 101 Team Management Is -- Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it. (Andrew Carnegie) 'Managing' used to be just tellin...
- Organizational Psychology 101 Industrial and Organizational Psychology or I/O is a varied field of study filled with many career opportunities. The importance of this field has never been more prevalent than in the last decade. The use of I/O methods has been proven to increase pro...
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101 Learn the basics of Employment Law , the potential pitfalls, and ways to keep yourself out of court so that you can grow your business by hiring, evaluating, and managing employees. This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to kno...
- Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself? This course offers a blend of the science and the art of persuasion...
- Building Self-Esteem in Children 101 While many of us feel we have an idea of what self-esteem is, it can still be difficult to pinpoint just how to go about helping a child to build a healthy one. In Building Self-Esteem in Children, you will learn all about self-esteem and come out ready ...
- Understanding Business Administration 101 Whether you are already running a business, have yet to start one or have been hired to support a business owner, it is important to know the basics of the business administrative process. This course will trace a path through the inception, setup a...
- Personal Protective Equipment This Personal Protective Equipment Course is designed to help those working in the various industries that utilize PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as a means to protect the worker from the natural harm that comes into their work area. This online cla...