| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
The Photoshop Elements software package is a condensed version of the popular Adobe Photoshop. As the lesser priced version of Adobe's Photoshop, Elements offers all the same features, but just with less options. However, don't let that scare you away from the software! Elements offers every single option a hobbyist or photo enthusiast might need -- and probably a few extra to spare.
Completing tasks with Elements is very simple. For the user that has tried Photoshop and gotten lost in the process of trying to figure it out, or is new to photo editing and wants something simple to understand yet effective, Elements is the answer. It's amazing what Elements lets you do with just a click of a button and, with the help of this course, it won't take you any time at all before you're using the program like an expert.
You'll learn how to:
Ø Upload your photos into Elements.
Ø Organize your photos in albums and catalogs.
Ø Adjust the colors in your photos to make them crisp and clear.
Ø Change the mood of your photos.
Ø Crop and resize photos and images.
Ø Add layers.
Ø Print images.
Ø Create albums, calendars, and other projects.
Ø Save your projects.
Ø Share your photo projects with others. This includes online albums, slideshows, photo emails, and more!
Whether or not you've used Elements before doesn't matter when you take this course. We start out with the very basics of the program and teach you what you need to know. As the course progresses, we'll move into advanced topics, but by then you'll be more than ready to learn them -- and surprised at how easy and fun that using this popular software program can be. By the end of this course, you'll know everything about Elements that you need to know to easily organize, edit, print, and share your photos and images (and everything in between).
* This course will use the interface of Photoshop Elements 8 to teach you how to use this image editing program. This version is not required to complete this training.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Photoshop Elements If you're a photography enthusiast or have the need to edit photos or graphics, then you'll absolutely love Photoshop Elements 8. This software program is simply a condensed version of the well-known software program Photoshop.
Lesson 2: The Organizer EnvironmentIn this lesson, we're going to discuss the features and options associated with the Organizer environment. Let's start by opening Element and clicking on Organizer on the Welcome Screen.
Lesson 3: Edit ModesElements is a neat software program because it has different interfaces (or environments) for all of its features. In the last lesson, we learned all about the Organizer environment.
Lesson 4: The Basics of ColorThere are two color models in Elements that allow you to set color for your images. The first model is based on the way that the human eye sees color.
Lesson 5: Painting ToolsElements provides several tools to apply and add color. The Paint tools are just an example of these. Paint allows you to add color using brushes, just like you would with a real paint brush.
Lesson 6: Making SelectionsWhen you make a selection, you select part of an image. You can select parts of an image to cut it out, copy it, smooth the edges, anti-alias, and several other options.
Lesson 7: Filling and StrokingWhen you apply a fill to an image, you apply a color, pattern, or gradient to part of or all of the image. Of course, you could do the same thing with a brush, but it is quicker and easier to use a fill on larger areas.
Lesson 8: LayersIf you've never worked with any type of a photo editing program before or have very little experience, the subject of layers may just make you cringe.
Lesson 9: Text Using Elements, you can also add text to images. This can be fun if you want to be a little creative or even if you need to add text to explain an image.
Lesson 10: Create ShapesUsing Elements, you can draw shapes in your images. Shapes are vector graphics. They are comprised of lines and curves, and they are known by their geometric characteristics instead of by pixels.
Lesson 11: More ToolsThe Sponge tool is used to bring out or mute the color of an object or an area of an image by saturating or desaturating it.
Lesson 12: Lighting, Color, Contrast and ClarityIf you've ever had a photo or an image that was too dark, just had poor color, or even problems with red eye, you can use elements to fix all these problems and more.
Lesson 13: Printing, Sharing, and CreatingWhen you're finished organizing and editing your images, you may want to print them out.
|Course Title ||: ||Photoshop Elements Version 80 and 90 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550422 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Computer Basics 101 Do you find yourself intimidated by computer jargon? Would you like to have a clearer understanding (in non-jargon language) of how your computer works? Computer Basics 101 will both demonstrate and explain how your computer works in an easy-to-follow, ...
- Digital Photography 101 You just bought your first digital camera and don't know the ins and outs of all those buttons. If that isn't daunting enough, the user's manual is pages thick and intimidating. Well, you've come to the right place. Owning a great digital camera is no g...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set ...
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate Have you ever seen those old black and white (or brown and white) pictures of pioneers? No one smiled, the women always wore gloves, and the children's faces were smudgy. In those days, the cameras required a longer period of time to capture the image th...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Virus Removal and Protection 101 It's amazing how many of us own personal computers at home, belong to Internet networking systems in work environments, and yet don't understand the very basics regarding Internet Security. While we've all heard terms like worms, spyware and Trojan horse...
- Internet Fundamentals 101 Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet i...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 This course will teach you everything you need to know to make full use of the world's most popular graphics editing program -- Adobe Photoshop CS6. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. It has become a m...