| || || |
Learn the Fundamentals of Photography - Digital or Film!
This course covers all the basics you need to know to get the most out of your film or digital camera. Learn how to take great pictures. Learn how to correctly adjust your aperture settings, use the correct film speeds, how to adjust the exposure, what type of lighting you need for all situations, how to focus and zoom, and how to enhance your photos. Moreover, when you finish this course, you'll be more comfortable shooting stellar pictures on "manual" mode rather than keeping it on "auto" everything.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Are you tired of the pictures that have been coming out of your camera? Maybe everyone's eyes are half closed or perhaps there is always a shadow that makes everyone in the picture look like they have a beard. Maybe you want to take better pictures but just can't seem to click at the right time, in the right place to get what you want.
You are not alone. So many people want to take good, memorable pictures to capture their experiences but so few feel comfortable enough with their cameras to actually make it happen on a consistent basis.
What's great about Photography Basics is that its full of the stuff you've always wanted to know and there's nothing that you don't need to know. What that means is that you can have the assurance that you can go into this course with little or no knowledge of how your camera works and you'll come away with two things:
So if you want technical jargon thats difficult to understand, this is not the course for you. If you want quality content that shows you step by step how you can make great pictures again and again and again, this is the course you want to take.
After all, why do you own your camera? Is it so you can say that you own a good camera? Or is it because you want to take great pictures? If you are ready to start clicking your way to unforgettable pictures, click here to begin!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define basic camera terminology and functions.
- Summarize basic operations of a camera.
- Describe types of film.
- Describe exposure settings and demonstrate their uses.
- Describe lighting and photography and demonstrate different lighting techniques.
- Summarize methods for choosing lenses.
- Describe methods for enhancing photographs.
- Describe methods for organizing a picture, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Camera Basics: Lesson 1In this first lesson, we will go over how all cameras work and the parts of the camera that you need to be aware of.
Operating a Camera: Lesson 2This lesson will show that more than just pointing and clicking is required in order to take great pictures.
Types of Film: Lesson 3This lesson will not only examine the different film types and the type you should use, but it also will explain the differences between digital cameras and film cameras and reveal which one is actually better.
Lesson 4: ExposureWhat exposure is and how it will play a role in creating a great picture is discussed.
Lesson 5: LightingThe importance of lighting for great picture taking is discussed.
Choosing Lenses- Lesson 6Types of lenses and their impact on pictures, whether digital of regular, are explained.
Lesson 7: Enhancing PhotographsThis lesson will reveal when and how to enhance your picture in some easy ways.
Lesson 8: Organizing the PictureHow to arrange your picture so that the picture in your mind will turn out to be the photograph that comes out of your camera.
|Course Title ||: ||ABCs of Photography |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||30276 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $30.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
- "Instructor was very knowledgeable and course was a good learning expierience." -- Jerry F.
- "Thanks--enjoyed!!!!" -- Laura H.
Other Related Classes in Art
- Digital Photography 101 You just bought your first digital camera and don't know the ins and outs of all those buttons. If that isn't daunting enough, the user's manual is pages thick and intimidating. Well, you've come to the right place. Owning a great digital camera is no g...
- Event Planning 101 Event planning is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner,...
- Wedding Planning 101 You won't find a more comprehensive of a wedding course online that isn't offered by a bridal association! This eleven-lesson course teaches you all that you need to know to become a well paid, successful wedding planner – starting the day after ...
- Poetry Writing 101 This poetry course is created for the lover of poetry who wants to learn how to appreciate the art even more. It is also for student poets who want to improve their craft. This course is thorough in teaching all students everything they need to know abo...
- Journaling and Memoir Writing 101 It doesn't matter if you're a famous politician, suburban homemaker or someone in between, the fact of the matter is that everyone has a personal story worth telling. Whether you want to honor someone who's made a difference in your life, heal old wounds...
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate Have you ever seen those old black and white (or brown and white) pictures of pioneers? No one smiled, the women always wore gloves, and the children's faces were smudgy. In those days, the cameras required a longer period of time to capture the image th...
- Restaurant Management 101 Qualified restaurant managers are always in demand. They earn salaries far above the national average ($45K-$60K and higher), receive generous benefit packages and bonuses, rapid promotions and opportunities for travel. But that's really just the icing o...
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101 This is a guide to the ins and outs of starting and maintaining a successful pet sitting and pet walking service. Pet sitting and pet walking businesses were almost unheard of a generation ago, but today they are in every major city and most towns. Tod...
- Travel Agent 101 Anyone interested in beginning a profession as a travel agent should first determine the type of skills, training and certification necessary to provide travel services for clients--whether you work at an established travel agency, as an independent cont...
- Film Appreciation 101 'Film Appreciation for Modern Audiences' is intended as a journey through the world of film. It is a sampling of the thought and accumulated critical opinion that forms the basis of the modern stature of 100 years of film-making--as art or culturally imp...
- Concierge 101: How to Run a Personal Service Business Whether a full-time mom, a young business person or simply someone looking to build a growing and viable business, an errand service is ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Small upstart dollars, flexibility and a growing industry are just som...
- Screenwriting 101 This is a basic, nuts-and-bolts course, for people who wish to write screenplays, but don't know much about it. Because screenwriting is demanding both technically and in the market for jobs and sales, 'Getting Into The Screenwriting Game to Win' attempt...
- Special Events Planning 101 Think back to the last time you went to a convention, a wedding, or an off-site business meeting. Everything you saw--from the sign-up posts, to the table decorations, to the folders you've been handed--had to be created by someone. That someone would ...
- Party Planning 101 Looking for a way to throw a children's birthday party on a budget? Easy crafting and good old creativity can balance the budget and still bring joy to all the little party guests. In the party planning business, there is no right or wrong, only a desir...
- Waiter and Waitress Training 101 Whether you are looking for a part-time job, a summer job, work to help you through college, to supplement your family income, or a possible career, working in the restaurant industry as a waiter or waitress can be your answer. This course will discuss a...
- Catering 101 If you are the kind of person who... thrives on cooking for your friends, wants everyone to come to your house for dinner, feels like you have more party food ideas than you could ever possibly execute in your own home ...then you might want to start you...
- Introduction to Music Appreciation Music shapes and is shaped by our lives. Learn and appreciate the history of music. A well-rounded study of music appreciation begins with basic elements of music. Knowing the basic elements of music will aid any music listener in develop...
- Kitchen Sanitation 101 Nearly every few weeks, a new story seems to hit the headlines about foodborne illnesses. Salmonella in peanuts. E. coli in fruit juice. Mad cow in hamburgers. Every year, thousands of people become seriously ill from foodborne illnesses, and some even d...
- Retail Business 101 The idea of running one's own business is the dream of hundreds of thousands of Americans. The reasons for opening your own business are myriad; to be your own boss, to set your own hours, to do what you want to do, to provide a product or service where ...
- Exploring Impressionism Paris: A Rainy Day by Gustave Caillebotte, 1877 Do you enjoy paintings by the French Impressionists, but would like to understand them better? In this eight-week course you'll learn about the culture, style, painters, and major works of the Impressioni...